Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 09:17 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,662,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
The importance of potassium. And those 14 yrs up "should" be getting 4700mg daily. This reminder arrived today:

Pictures: Why You Need Potassium
That was a good article about potassium. Recently I went to a nutritionist and he was talking about it.

I think I get enough because I make smoothies using a whole banana and a few strawberries. Here's a new "discovery" and I hope that freezing the foods doesn't take away any potassium: for hot weather you can make popsicles from a banana, some strawberries (frozen are fine), and some coconut cream. Blender, pour into popsicle molds and freeze. (Easy recipe, eh?) I like to add some shredded coconut for texture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2017, 09:49 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
I'm SURE I don't get enough with foods. So I take extra tablets most days. 4700mg is said to be RDA and getting close to that with foods, I don't know. A banana has about 100mg and I don't do well with eating bananas anyway. Avacodos yes, but price has gone skyhigh on avacodos. j

Old 05-12-2017, 02:10 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,556,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomdove View Post
Do you not understand how many people are "sick"? They just don't advertise it to you. The amount of prescriptions filled in this world is ridiculously high--some of them can be eliminated if people were to truly take care of nutritional deficiencies.

I *have* switched to all organic foods, with the exception of eating out once in a while. I encourage everyone to do so in order to avoid GMOs and pesticides, and to at least have a small chance of getting enough nutrition from their food.

This again? Lol.

Look, I don't care *what* you think of the Navarro test. Prove it wrong instead of continuing to insist that I don't know if I "truly" have cancer. "Where it is" and "what kind it is" are the same thing, and I already stated that it does *NOT* usually matter where it is unless it's in a critical area such as the brain or spine. Cancer is cancer, and should obviously be dealt with no matter where it is in the body. Why does that bother you so much that you feel the need to keep repeating it?

Unfortunately, modern conventional testing doesn't give a good indication of whole body sufficiency, so people are mostly left to go by symptoms. I get my vitamin D tested because it's a decent test. Magnesium testing is irrelevant, and no conventional doctor has good iodine tests. I don't have a ton of money for testing, so I go by symptoms, for the most part. If something makes me feel worse, I stop it. If better, I continue. It really is simple...

Nope, wasn't me. I do feel that the majority of our nutrition should come from our food, but conditions are rarely that ideal, IMO. I know I don't get enough nutrition from the food I eat. I don't eat all that much food. And I don't like "green smoothies". So yeah, a lot of my nutrition comes in the form of whole-food supplements. I encapsulate my green powder and whey protein, and anything else that I feel necessary/helpful.

Well, that's incorrect. There are a few things one can take that help with chelation, including minerals like MSM and iodine and selenium.

How many people do you know who *actually* fit into that category? Most people eat worse than I do and are on at least one scrip.

This is completely wrong. For example, there are multiple types of lung cancers - and they have different outcomes. Same place, but different outcomes. Same with chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) - some are generally indolent and no treatment at all is recommended by doctors (just monitoring in case it mutates), another CLL is aggressive and an FCR regimen is usually prescribed.

You are just making stuff up even thought the other poster is trying to educate you. Cancer isn't just cancer - they are hundreds of types of cancers, even in the same organ, and their outcomes and pathogenesis and treatability vary dramatically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine