U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2016, 11:48 AM

18,854 posts, read 6,160,004 times

Advertisements

I was taking a pharma anti inflammatory back in the 80's and ended up in the ER with a stomach ulcer.

Natural COX-2 Inhibitors: The Future of Pain Relief

I use most listed in the above link and also found Pain-RX by Hi Tech Pharmacetucials out of Georgia and it does a pretty good job. No side effects. I also LOVE DGL for stomach protection as I do take a few ibuprofen daily. If only I didn't. Bodywide OA came and never left.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2016, 05:05 PM

19,639 posts, read 53,524,973 times
Thx for this.

Old 08-04-2016, 01:46 PM

On the insistence of the new D.O. I'm seeing for bodywork and Prolo and HA injections, he says I've got to get off ibuprofen for the Prolo to work. I've heard this for years but so hooked on ibuprofen. So I'm off ibuprofen now 4 days and take only Pain-RX and Arthritis Tylenol for the last dose of the day.

The D.O. talked about strokes and heart issues due to ibuprofen and could even be keeping my BP elevated as it's been and my daughter took it too long too and she believes it caused anemia. My other friend believes too that ibuprofen was a factor for her ending up with afib. She's off it too.

Pain-RX is the closest to an opioid and I have scripts but won't get them filled.

This is the company where I bought my first Pain-RX. Now I use Lucky Vitamins mostly but probably will support this company again.

http://www.nutritiondome.com/painrx.html

Last edited by jaminhealth; 08-04-2016 at 02:46 PM..

Old 08-06-2016, 10:00 PM

I shop for best prices on Pain-RX and found a good price on ebay and the first review on this link talks about getting off ibuprofen since taking Pain-RX. Sounds like me, I'm off ibuprofen 7 days this Monday. My D.O. pushed me to get off this Nsaid. I feel good about being off it.

Hi Tech Pharmaceuticals Pain RX 600mg 90 Tablets 857084000514 | eBay

Old 04-28-2017, 10:59 AM

Bringing this up as some are talking about aleve side effects...Pain RX helps REDUCE pain in my body....I don't know anything that gets us totally out of pain and if it's out there, I'm sure plenty of side effects go along with the pain killers.

I sure missed the Pain RX when I was gone in hospital/rehabs for almost 5 months...but back on it.

Old 04-28-2017, 11:28 AM

21,512 posts, read 26,128,168 times
It appears the active ingredient is willow bark, basically aspirin.

Willow bark | University of Maryland Medical Center

"Because willow bark contains salicin, people who are allergic or sensitive to salicylates (such as aspirin) should not use willow bark. Some researchers suggest that people with asthma, diabetes, gout, gastritis, hemophilia, stomach ulcers, or with kidney or liver issues should also avoid willow bark."

"Side effects tend to be mild. However, stomach upset, ulcers, nausea, vomiting, and stomach bleeding are potential side effects of all compounds containing salicylates. Overdoses of willow bark may cause skin rash, stomach inflammation/irritation, nausea, vomiting, kidney inflammation, and tinnitus (ringing in the ears)."

"Natural" does not always mean "safer". Note that the manufacturer does not describe any precautions for the use of the product.

https://hitechpharma.com/products/pain-rx

Old 04-28-2017, 11:32 AM

SQ, Thanks for your constant mostly negative critiques on my info that works for me. I have NO side effects with Pain RX and using it a couple years at least. j

Last edited by jaminhealth; 04-28-2017 at 11:41 AM..

Old 04-28-2017, 11:51 AM

21,512 posts, read 26,128,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
SQ, Thanks for your constant mostly negative critiques on my info that works for me. I have NO side effects with Pain RX and using it a couple years at least. j
The material I posted is in response to your statement in the OP that, "I was taking a pharma anti inflammatory back in the 80's and ended up in the ER with a stomach ulcer."

The product you are taking can also cause stomach ulcers. If you wish to continue it, have at it. If you wish to encourage others to use it, it is irresponsible not to let them know that the risks include the same risks as taking aspirin and it is not advisable to take it if you have a history of stomach ulcers.

Old 04-28-2017, 12:05 PM

SQ: EVERY drug has risks, and the great conventional drugs For Sure. I don't encourage, I put it out there and adults here can decide for themselves.

And yes it's true, I did end up in ER with stomach ulcer from pharma anti inflammatory drug, but since then I've learned so much too about keeping my stomach in good condition with digestive enzymes and probiotics and making sure taking what I take is on a stomach with food in it.

I've had no problems since that 80's ER trip and I deal with OA mostly overall body aches and pains...etc etc etc.

Old 04-28-2017, 05:54 PM

18,014 posts, read 17,167,297 times
The information presented in Alternative Medicine is presented "As Is." No one is forcing anyone to take anything. This forum is simply a platform and anyone is free to take it or leave it. Before someone tries something, they will usually look up the ingredients and do their best to figure out whether this would be beneficial to them or not. Everyone has Google as their friend.

Although we do not mind some gentle suggestions, we do not need critical, personal comments. We do not suggest that anyone is "irresponsible" for not handing out warnings. Please keep it civil.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or