Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 07:35 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,710,350 times

Advertisements

I don't think anything helps, but anyway I'm going to ask bec. I feel like sh*T.. I feel worse now than when it started 4 day ago.
I did echinacae, I did garlic, I did mullein+hyssop tea, I did apple cidar vinegar+lemon+honey--
I did ginger tea...

still seem to get worse--
i'm open to any other suggestions anyone has.
I've heard zinc helps?
but I don't have zinc, I'd have to go out. groan...

thanks..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2016, 08:10 AM

4,978 posts, read 5,769,366 times
Lots and lots of fluids...water, tea, broth. Drink and drink more. Vitamin D. Garlic. Ginger. Whole, raw ginger. Cut an inch off the root and just chew and suck on it. Yes, it's spicy. Yes, it works! Oh, and oregano oil! Talk about spicy! Wowza. So dilute it with a carrier oil, like coconut or olive. Oregano oil is a virus killer! I swish diluted oregano oil in my mouth every day. Sometimes I swallow it. (Knock on wood) I have avoided getting the crud that 90% of my people at work have had this year.

Old 08-11-2016, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Lots and lots of fluids...water, tea, broth. Drink and drink more. Vitamin D. Garlic. Ginger. Whole, raw ginger. Cut an inch off the root and just chew and suck on it. Yes, it's spicy. Yes, it works! Oh, and oregano oil! Talk about spicy! Wowza. So dilute it with a carrier oil, like coconut or olive. Oregano oil is a virus killer! I swish diluted oregano oil in my mouth every day. Sometimes I swallow it. (Knock on wood) I have avoided getting the crud that 90% of my people at work have had this year.
thank you for your suggestions. I have heard oregano oil is a great thing.
I should keep it around.
i'm going to the park and sit under a tree and read.
I can't stay in any more.!

Old 08-11-2016, 10:31 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
When I feel something may come on cold-wise, I Echineaca it 2 caps every 2 hours and it never materializes. Key is every 2 hrs. I take zinc picolinate most days in the last year. Grape seed ex rules.

Fresh Lemons too. Feel Better.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 08-11-2016 at 11:24 AM..

Old 08-11-2016, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
When I feel something may come on cold-wise, I Echineaca it 2 caps every 2 hours and it never materializes. Key is every 2 hrs. I take zinc picolinate most days in the last year. Grape seed ex rules.

Fresh Lemons too. Feel Better.
thank you.

most times the echineacae works to prevent it but not this time.

tomorrow i'm going to a health food store see what homeopathics they have - bec. i cannot stand feeling this miserable.

Old 08-11-2016, 02:24 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
I have not had a cold/flu in over 20 yrs. I don't know if you take grape seed ex, but you could end those colds.

When I got my mom on it at 86 and she lived with colds, cold sores the whole nine yards, she never had another cold sore or cold. She passed at 91 but with old age and other stuff. I didn't find grape seed until I was 57, so she was 86 when I got it to her.

Old 08-11-2016, 03:10 PM

3,299 posts, read 3,026,852 times
I'm not sure if this will be helpful, as I realize the normal thing to do in our society when we feel unwell is to take medications and just power through it, but ever since I learned that a cold is your body's way of saying, "Slow down," whenever I feel the first symptoms I hunker down and just rest. I might take some Airborne or I might not.

I used to have terrible colds that lasted 7-10 days with all the symptoms. Then I decided that whenever I started to have symptoms, I would stop doing everything and just go to bed and take care of myself as if I were really sick, and each time I did that, by the next morning I felt fine again.

At this point I don't even recall the last time I had the beginnings of a cold, but it was probably five years ago, because I've also started resting when I'm tired instead of just ignoring my body's signals, so my body doesn't have to give me the actual symptoms to say, "I'm tired, please let me rest."

Old 08-12-2016, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I have not had a cold/flu in over 20 yrs. I don't know if you take grape seed ex, but you could end those colds.

When I got my mom on it at 86 and she lived with colds, cold sores the whole nine yards, she never had another cold sore or cold. She passed at 91 but with old age and other stuff. I didn't find grape seed until I was 57, so she was 86 when I got it to her.
i don't get them frequently. It's been years since I had a cold. but then I do get them they are beasts!

do you take the grape seed ex tract all the time, or just when you feel a cold is imminent?

Old 08-12-2016, 06:52 AM

2,441 posts, read 2,608,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenrr View Post
I don't think anything helps, but anyway I'm going to ask bec. I feel like sh*T.. I feel worse now than when it started 4 day ago.
I did echinacae, I did garlic, I did mullein+hyssop tea, I did apple cidar vinegar+lemon+honey--
I did ginger tea...

still seem to get worse--
i'm open to any other suggestions anyone has.
I've heard zinc helps?
but I don't have zinc, I'd have to go out. groan...

thanks..
Try some tylenol, sudafed and guaifenesin.

Old 08-12-2016, 07:00 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,304,388 times
If you don't treat a cold it will last for about a week and a half.

If you do treat a cold it will be over in about 10 days.

Having said that, I use Nasalcrom to stop post-nasal drip and generally clear up my sinuses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine