Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 11:50 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,172,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZone View Post
I have heard a Homeopathic Dr. say that Hekla Lava (from Iceland) will dissolve bone spurs.
It was discovered that the goats that nibbled on it lost their bone spurs.
I haven't tried it, but was going to, for bunions. Even the best shoes are not too good.

I have wondered if the doctors who see patients who get knee replacements ever check the alignment of the patient's frame. And if so, do they discover that the person has flat feet with ankle pronation? I have a friend who had ankle pronation so bad that her arch bones were almost touching the floor. And yes, she had both knees replaced. Arch supports years ago would have saved her from that.

Nope.... arch supports wouldn't have saved her from that.....

There is also no treatment on Earth that will "dissolve bone spurs"

Bone spurs or osteophytes ARE BONE....if there were a magical supplement that could dissolve bone spurs there would be no way for said magic pill to differentiate "bone spurs" from "regular bone"

Therefore ALL bone would be dissolved....

Old 10-08-2016, 11:57 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,548,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by batemansbay View Post
Sorry to hear about your bone spears, but you are what you eat. Your body needs amino acids for protein synthesis. good nutrition works well for me.
Rock n roll

If what I ate or didn't eat all my life before 72 could have made a difference with bone spurs, WHO KNOWS...we're not born knowing it all, and it takes a lifetime to learn what is good and what is not. I agree about most docs and the quack comment. I avoid them but have gone to some in my 78 yrs. It's all a journey we're on and doing what feels right at the TIME.

Old 10-08-2016, 12:29 PM

745 posts, read 1,641,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
If what I ate or didn't eat all my life before 72 could have made a difference with bone spurs, WHO KNOWS...we're not born knowing it all, and it takes a lifetime to learn what is good and what is not. I agree about most docs and the quack comment. I avoid them but have gone to some in my 78 yrs. It's all a journey we're on and doing what feels right at the TIME.
You are so right. It takes a lifetime to learn how to live, and then it's over.
I think I got lucky when I was in my mid 30's I got some advertisement for Prevention Magazine. I did subscribe to it and got on the food supplement band wagon. I'm now 87 1/2 years old and except for breaking my arm in Jan. I'm still going strong. And that happened when I was cutting up some fallen trees to clean up the yard. So now I'm 6 months behind and 3 more have fallen plus the ones we cut.

Old 10-08-2016, 12:39 PM

745 posts, read 1,641,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Nope.... arch supports wouldn't have saved her from that.....

There is also no treatment on Earth that will "dissolve bone spurs"

Bone spurs or osteophytes ARE BONE....if there were a magical supplement that could dissolve bone spurs there would be no way for said magic pill to differentiate "bone spurs" from "regular bone"

Therefore ALL bone would be dissolved....
Yes, arch supports would have saved her.
I have flat feet and was on my way to ankle pronation and was having hip and knee discomfort. I started using arch supports and have none of that discomfort anymore.

Your "osteophytes" found in bone spurs may in be differently constructed - I don't know, but maybe you should do some research on it.

Last edited by in_newengland; 10-10-2016 at 11:26 PM..

Old 10-08-2016, 12:58 PM

Quote:
You are so right. It takes a lifetime to learn how to live, and then it's over.
I think I got lucky when I was in my mid 30's I got some advertisement for Prevention Magazine. I did subscribe to it and got on the food supplement band wagon. I'm now 87 1/2 years old and except for breaking my arm in Jan. I'm still going strong. And that happened when I was cutting up some fallen trees to clean up the yard. So now I'm 6 months behind and 3 more have fallen plus the ones we cut.
Boy, we are on the same page re: Prevention. My mom started with little mag many yrs ago and she lived into her early 90's...with a lot of OA. Never a hip job. I'm worse now with the surgery I did than she was to her end and no replacement. She was smart for little science, those old folks didn't love MD's. If it weren't for all this hip damage I'd be on cloud 9 with my health.

Don't Fall. My neighbor who is now 89 had a hip replacement at 82, same yr as me, and she has fallen several times and so many set backs...it's sad. Her last fall gave her a broken shoulder.

Old 10-09-2016, 03:38 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,172,098 times
Quote:
Yes, arch supports would have saved her.
I have flat feet and was on my way to ankle pronation and was having hip and knee discomfort. I started using arch supports and have none of that discomfort anymore.

Your "osteophytes" found in bone spurs may be differently constructed - I don't know, but maybe you should do some research on it. Come back and tell us what you find.
Nope...arch supports do nothing to "prevent" knee arthritis proven fact...

As for the osteophytes, YOU made the claim YOU back it up...by the way they aren't MY osteophytes sorry if you hadn't heard the term before

Osteophytes aren't FOUND in bone spurs...Osteophytes ARE bone spurs, as in the "correct term"

I have been in the OR knocking off "osteophytes" with a chisel, they are definitely BONE...maybe you should learn a little about anatomy and physiology and then come back and tell us what you find...

You are obviously one who "doesn't think" and knows nothing about anatomy or physiology but is willing to accept nonsense as reality.. as in a product could "dissolve bone spurs" without dissolving ALL bone..

Last edited by in_newengland; 10-10-2016 at 11:33 PM..

Old 10-10-2016, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Nope...arch supports do nothing to "prevent" knee arthritis proven fact...

As for the osteophytes, YOU made the claim YOU back it up...by the way they aren't MY osteophytes sorry if you hadn't heard the term before

Osteophytes aren't FOUND in bone spurs...Osteophytes ARE bone spurs, as in the "correct term"

I have been in the OR knocking off "osteophytes" with a chisel, they are definitely BONE...maybe you should learn a little about anatomy and physiology and then come back and tell us what you find...

You are obviously one who "doesn't think" and knows nothing about anatomy or physiology but is willing to accept nonsense as reality.. as in a product could "dissolve bone spurs" without dissolving ALL bone..
Proven Fact....there is nothing proven as everyone's body is so unique. I have good arches but have ended up with arthritic feet, the last place to invade my body.

My daughter now realizes her feet are flat and she has some collapsed tendons. Her daughter has flat feet and they both use orthotics from the podiatrist. Good thing the kid's dad left them in good shape financially as these orthotics are not cheap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine