Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 11:27 AM

910 posts, read 2,292,681 times

Advertisements

Ok, your choice, but please take into account that meat (animal protein in general, really) acidifies the body and causes inflammation so your knees don't stand a chance of improving as long as you eat meat. For me it was more sensible to give up things I liked in order to better my health, thank goodness that despite of being older I'm still pretty adaptable so I soon became used to a totally plant-based diet. I LOVED cheese, for example, but when I read the caseomorphins in it actually make us addicted I immediately stopped eating it and all other dairy and as a bonus my chronic nasal congestion has improved a lot. I've also had to give up wheat, which incidentally has lectins that attack the joints. I used to have occasional pain in my knees but just realized it hasn't been an issue after I stopped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2017, 11:40 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredOfSFL View Post
Ok, your choice, but please take into account that meat (animal protein in general, really) acidifies the body and causes inflammation so your knees don't stand a chance of improving as long as you eat meat. For me it was more sensible to give up things I liked in order to better my health, thank goodness that despite of being older I'm still pretty adaptable so I soon became used to a totally plant-based diet. I LOVED cheese, for example, but when I read the caseomorphins in it actually make us addicted I immediately stopped eating it and all other dairy and as a bonus my chronic nasal congestion has improved a lot. I've also had to give up wheat, which incidentally has lectins that attack the joints. I used to have occasional pain in my knees but just realized it hasn't been an issue after I stopped.
I know about inflammatory foods, so THEY say.

8 Foods to Avoid with Arthritis | Arthritis Trigger Foods

And I've cut back on meat consumption but still eat a small amount daily. I feel stronger overall with this type of protein. I hardly bring cheese into my house, and EVERYONE is addicted to cheese, when I do have some it's goat milk type.

And I have not brought bread into my house in about 10 yrs.

So your singing to the choir but thanks anyway...reminders are good for everyone.

Just about everything that isn't GREEN is acidic in nature and into our bodies.

I know that years of eating everything done it's damage to my body...now heading into 8 decades.

My parents consumed inflammatory foods all their long lives, both lived into 90's, mom had nasty OA and dad didn't seem to be bothered with arthritis. Genetics play a role too.

Old 07-08-2017, 07:45 AM

Ok, if you say I'm singing to the choir because you know all these things, then how come you're still eating foods that are bad for you??? I'm sorry if I offend but it seems to me that your liking of meat and other animal products make you believe that you feel stronger with them. There's really No way to know how one would do with plant proteins only unless one eliminates ALL animal products and follows a whole foods plant-based diet. And surely there's an adaptation period for some people while the gut flora adjusts to the new foods being eaten, etc., so some may not feel so good at first, but the overall benefits are definitely worth the "sacrifice". But what I think I'm seeing is the typical resistance that even I had for years, we have all been mentally conditioned to believe that animal products are superior and I certainly believed it for over 6 decades, so I can't say I'm surprised at your reaction.

Old 07-08-2017, 06:37 PM

Listen I know what is acidic to the body BUT I enjoy some meat, plain and simple and approaching my 8 decades next year, I'm not giving up the little amount I eat NOW. And yes I've researched the flammatory foods for years.

I've eliminated MOST wheat products except for a few gluten free crackers so I'm not perfect but I do what is working in my life....Breads are out of my life for the last 10 yrs.

Old 07-17-2017, 07:03 PM

Looks like I made you angry, oops, sorry! But I still find it a little off you saying that it "works for you" when your health is still pretty bad, but don't worry, I will try to remember to not address any other posts to you from now on.

Old 07-17-2017, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Looks like I made you angry, oops, sorry! But I still find it a little off you saying that it "works for you" when your health is still pretty bad, but don't worry, I will try to remember to not address any other posts to you from now on.
Thanks for letting me know my health is pretty bad. Arthritis yes, but general health "HAIL" no.

Old 07-17-2017, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Thanks for letting me know my health is pretty bad. Arthritis yes, but general health "HAIL" no.
Again, I'm sorry if I offended you, but I thought you said you could hardly walk, that's pretty bad to me. But if you're used to it and don't have other complaints besides constipation, well then perhaps I was wrong.

Old 07-17-2017, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Again, I'm sorry if I offended you, but I thought you said you could hardly walk, that's pretty bad to me. But if you're used to it and don't have other complaints besides constipation, well then perhaps I was wrong.
Yes, it's true I have difficulty walking since the staph infection and knee "cleaning out"...and you don't offend me, I've gotten thick skinned since being on C-D. One has to be or die off. And for the constipation issue, I don't consider that sick, it's been an issue all my life. Laxatives are one of the top selling otc drugs in the U.S. Right there along with pain meds.

Old 07-30-2017, 09:01 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,384,815 times
I avoid constipation by drinking lots and lots of water.

I also just did a detox cleanse and used Mag07. That stuff is amazing and will clean you out to start fresh.
I bought mine on e-Bay but there are other places to buy it.
https://www.amazon.com/Aerobic-Life-.../dp/B00028OVXM

Old 07-30-2017, 09:49 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
Question? I honestly don't know the answer to this--

If a person eats a lot of fiber, drinks a lot of water, eats adequate healthy fats, and exercises a moderate amount -- is it even possible to be constipated?

Call me curious.
Sure, I think it is possible, but a healthy diet with fiber and drinking water, as you mention really should keep most of us regular without buying any meds to help us go. Of course as we age regularity is a more common problem, both ways. I am guessing that has more to do with inactivity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine