Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 06:27 PM

1,511 posts, read 1,253,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
I'd be inclined to say they both interact for pain relief. It's thought that with a more even level of THC and CBD (for smoking), the CBD tends to cancel or reduce the effects of the THC, making the high less intense and a lot smoother. It's worth noting that you will get a buzz from it, just not a highly intense buzz. I've used high CBD with low THC, and notice very little of a buzz. It seems that the greater percentage of CBD, the less the effect from low THC. I think an advantage of having a slight buzz can better give you a quicker sense that it's working and easier to gauge how much is enough, and enable you to adjust the amount a little more or a little less accordingly if necessary.
How THC and CBD Work Together | Pure Analytics Blog

CBD can provide benefits for a number of conditions, including pain. However, for some people, THC can help provide greater pain relief perhaps because the person is so relaxed that the pain is less noticeable. But higher levels of THC can cause anxiety with some people. There are loads of hybrid strains of marijuana plants that have different amounts of THC and CBD. Some plants may be higher in CBD and much lower in THC. Also, there are different species of cannabis, generally: cannabis sativa, cannabis indica and cannabis ruderalis. Hemp belongs to cannabis sativa, but is extremely low in THC and is more useful for industrial purposes rather than for consumption, although it is thought by some to have some medicinal benefits, probably not as much as CBD oil though.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemp_oil

In general, c. sativa is more of a heady or trippy high, and c. indica is a different kind of high, but better for helping induce relaxation. C. ruderalis is a smaller plant, matures more quickly, and generally has lower levels of THC and higher levels of CBD.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_ruderalis

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis...abis-and-sleep

On the other hand, I use a lotion that's higher in THC and lower in CBD (about 4 to 1), and can feel pain relief within a few minutes. Because the lotion is a topical that's applied to the skin, it doesn't give any feeling of being high at all as can occur from smoking or consuming cannabis. But I can definitely feel the pain itself quickly reduce.
Thank you for the detail ! I ask because ive been smoking marijuana to help my insomnia and its been a godesend but it does make me high obviously. So i was curious if cbd oil would give me the same benefit without the high feeling. Im going to assume no lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2017, 06:44 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,630,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Which reminds me I picked-up a vape of marijuana that is specific for inflammation which I haven't tried.

Did try the one for relaxation and one for sleep. One caused my brain to cycle too much, but the other knocked me out.
"a vape of marijuana that is specific for inflammation"? No idea what that is. What's it called? Sounds like the one that knocked you out worked for sleep.

Old 08-30-2017, 07:17 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Quote:
"a vape of marijuana that is specific for inflammation"? No idea what that is. What's it called? Sounds like the one that knocked you out worked for sleep.
I don't have the packaging anymore. The clinics had charts on different strains and what they helped with. This was in Reno, and they are not very far along compared to WA.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-30-2017, 07:28 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 3,334,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bell235 View Post
Thank you for the detail ! I ask because ive been smoking marijuana to help my insomnia and its been a godesend but it does make me high obviously. So i was curious if cbd oil would give me the same benefit without the high feeling. Im going to assume no lol.
All you can do is try it and see. As we are all built differently, what works for one may not work for another.

Good luck!

Old 08-30-2017, 07:57 PM

Quote:
I haven't used CBD oil, but if it's just CBD oil, either gelcaps or liquid for drops, it's not going to get you high. As indicated in one of the links I posted, it's a good idea to not use too much CBD until you are more accustomed to it. My understanding is that 2-3 drops should be plenty. Another drawback to CBD oil, especially swallowing it, is that it's slower to take effect, and the only way you'd know if it's working or not (such as for pain), is if the pain gradually subsides. Some people do say that when taken at bedtime, it helps them rest.

I tried a 150 mg CBD capsule of powdered flowers (21 mg CBD 1 mg THC), but it left my stomach feeling kind of queasy. Maybe it was too much for me. It came in a pack of 4 capsules. I have 3 capsules left. I haven't used it since. There's no easy way to reduce the powder. It's easier for me to gauge flower buds for vaping to determine if more or less is needed. I would think that using a vile of liquid CBD oil with an eyedropper (should be included) should be easier to dose out by the drop. I understand that CBD oil is available in different flavors to make it easier on the taste buds. I'll stick with vaping flower buds, or use a lotion, both of which work pretty well for me.

You mentioned that it makes you high. A lot of determining what works best is really up to the individual to decide. And that means trying different products until you find what works best for you. If you're buying from an MM dispensary, and haven't done so, talk to the people about what your needs and requirements are and what they would recommend in terms of high CBD that won't get you high, assuming you feel okay about vaping. Otherwise, you could try CBD oil, and ask if they have any flavored oils unless you want non-flavored oil.

As for dosages, everyone may have different needs. What works for one person might not work for someone else. Here's a link for a reasonable guideline for using CBD oil. It recommends to start small. It also recommends to talk with your doctor or health care professional for dosage suggestions.

- General Health: 2.5-15 mg CBD by mouth daily
- To treat chronic pain: 2.5-20 mg CBD by mouth daily
- To treat sleep disorders: 40-160 mg CBD by mouth daily
3 Tips To Getting The Correct CBD Dosage

Old 08-30-2017, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I don't have the packaging anymore. The clinics had charts on different strains and what they helped with. This was in Reno, and they are not very far along compared to WA.
Reno, eh? Well, there's your answer . I've seen some of the charts you're talking about. They aren't all that clear to me. Best to take them with a grain of salt. Try the dispensaries in Washington or Oregon. They've been at it longer.

Old 08-30-2017, 10:04 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,746,947 times
Quote:

As for dosages, everyone may have different needs. What works for one person might not work for someone else. Here's a link for a reasonable guideline for using CBD oil. It recommends to start small. It also recommends to talk with your doctor or health care professional for dosage suggestions.

- General Health: 2.5-15 mg CBD by mouth daily
- To treat chronic pain: 2.5-20 mg CBD by mouth daily
- To treat sleep disorders: 40-160 mg CBD by mouth daily
3 Tips To Getting The Correct CBD Dosage
Thanks for this, I've been wondering about it. A family member is selling Kannaway and it's expensive, and I was wondering how much you would use and how long it would last.

I read somewhere else that Kannaway is a pyramid scheme.

Old 08-30-2017, 11:52 PM

194 posts, read 251,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I believe you can even order from ebay when it's available.

Ugh, take a gander:

Monsanto and Bayer are Maneuvering to Take Over the Cannabis Industry

My thoughts on this are that Bayer/Monsanto is lobbying to keep it illegal for now, despite all the social pressure to legalize, so that when it does get legalized (with their permission) they will be right there to fill in the void. So you're right in the sense that there won't be a significant difference for you. The US will always have a healthcare crisis as long as huge corporations are protecting their own interests at our expense. I'm not getting (too) political here as no president can fix it.
Neither Monsanto or Bayer are trying to take over the cannabis industry https://twitter.com/MonsantoCo/statu...03190223306754

Old 08-30-2017, 11:56 PM

194 posts, read 251,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
If the FDA ever approved the prices really go sky high. They'll never approve it in my lifetime.
In the last few months a comprehensive NDA (New Drug Application) submission package has been filed with the FDA for Epidiolex (a proprietary oral solution of pure plant-derived CBD). It contains a single NDA for both Dravet syndrome and Lennox-Gastaut syndrome indications with data from three robust Phase III placebo-controlled trials. GW Pharma is aiming for it to be placed into Schedule 4. Other trials using it are ongoing in patients with tuberous sclerosis complex and infantile spasms. An IV formula is being used for hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy.

Old 08-31-2017, 07:32 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,553,503 times
Quote:
Thank you. so it's the CBD oil in marijuana that provides benefits? for example - if someone smokes marijuana for pain relief or for insomnia relief - is it the "CBD" helping or the THC... or a combination of everything?
No its not that simple, different combinations of the individual chemicals within marijuana have different biological effects in the body. In addition, sometimes the presence of the mixture of the chemicals is important - a phenomenon known as the "entourgage" effect. Terpenes for example (which give the different aromas and flavor) are generally important where an entourage effect is observed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine