Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 01:02 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,507,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
I agree that using a vaporizer is better to use than burning. While combustion delivers the THC as fast as vaping, smoke from combustion also includes ash particles and some fine organic dust particles.

I don't think too many people don't consider there are some side effects. Obviously, getting a high feeling is a side effect. The benefits vs risks applies to any kind of medication, including over-the-counter meds, vitamins, and various herbal supplements. In most cases, I think it's fair to say the benefits of cannabis outweigh the risks. Even if cannabis amounted to nothing more than a placebo, if a person is helped from it, then that would be a factor to take into consideration. There are some exceptions for some people though. To use cannabis or not, should be a personal choice, especially if a PCP agrees that it might be helpful.

In addition to vaping or ingesting edibles, there are also salves, lotions, oils, etc., which are not ingested but are used as topicals applied to the skin. Even topicals with high THC and low CBD, topicals don't get a person high but are pretty effective at reducing muscular pain or pain due to arthritis.

Yes, topicals avoid combustion problems also, good point. They do need to be in the right carrier vehicle to get them across the skin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2017, 08:07 PM

48,355 posts, read 34,476,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygreta View Post
Why 10 years? People have been getting stoned daily since the late 1960's. The data should be very clear by now.
Because that does not constitute a study or any reliable data. My stoner ex BF's recollection of what he has done for the last 10 years is not something I would bet my health on.

(I do not have a stoner Ex BF)
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-22-2017, 05:55 PM

21,427 posts, read 8,633,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
Do you happen to know which brands of CBD oil fit the requirements you named? My SIL is trying to find a cheaper kind to buy for her daughter, but we know nothing about it.
I get my CBD oil from Green Roads World, a company in Florida. They say it's made to pharmaceutical standards. It's not cheap, though. A 15 ml bottle of 350 mg. strength runs about $75-$80 including tax and shipping. They do offer discounts to repeat customers, though.

I, too, would like to find a cheaper alternative, but I've heard that a lot of what's out there advertised as hemp oil might not be the best quality.

Last edited by Bayarea4; 08-22-2017 at 06:46 PM.. Reason: factual error

Old 09-21-2017, 01:51 PM

5,463 posts, read 9,600,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
I get my CBD oil from Green Roads World, a company in Florida. They say it's made to pharmaceutical standards. It's not cheap, though. A 15 ml bottle of 350 mg. strength runs about $75-$80 including tax and shipping. They do offer discounts to repeat customers, though.

I, too, would like to find a cheaper alternative, but I've heard that a lot of what's out there advertised as hemp oil might not be the best quality.
I'm not very savvy on CBD oil prices, but from doing an online search, that seems like kind of a steep price. 15 ml is about half an ounce. Green Roads World is showing a price for 350 mg CBD oil, 15 ml bottle, $64.99.

I found one place, Pure Hemp Botanicals (Colorado), with 300 mg CBD, 30 ml (one full ounce) bottle for $31.46. The only way I know of to determine quality is to check for details on label and lab results, and try it out. Dosage is recommended at 1 ml dropper per serving. Of course, that can vary from person to person and depending on the condition being treated.

Old 10-09-2017, 06:54 PM

17,467 posts, read 38,890,196 times
I was going to start a new thread, but found this one so I am going to ask my questions here.

I am considering getting my card for medical marijuana. I am 68 years old, and have NO desire to get "high" in any way. I have multiple conditions, and one of the main ones is I need something for deep, restful sleep. I suffer from anxiety and insomnia and usually need handfuls of valerian, melatonin, magnesium etc to try to get a night's sleep. I also suffer from various back pains due to old injuries, inflammation and arthritis; so would like to relieve that as well.

I am assuming the best thing for me would be a type I can eat or a tincture? Again, I do NOT want to feel "stoned" or wiped out, just very relaxed. If someone could tell me what to expect or give me advice I would appreciate it. I have just started the ball rolling here (Florida) so would like a little more info on what to expect if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-09-2017, 06:57 PM

48,355 posts, read 34,476,580 times
Most places sell different strains with different effects and sell options such tincture, edibles and vape.

Start with a tincture so you can take a lesser amount to see how it affects you.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-09-2017, 10:31 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,168,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I was going to start a new thread, but found this one so I am going to ask my questions here.

I am considering getting my card for medical marijuana. I am 68 years old, and have NO desire to get "high" in any way. I have multiple conditions, and one of the main ones is I need something for deep, restful sleep. I suffer from anxiety and insomnia and usually need handfuls of valerian, melatonin, magnesium etc to try to get a night's sleep. I also suffer from various back pains due to old injuries, inflammation and arthritis; so would like to relieve that as well.

I am assuming the best thing for me would be a type I can eat or a tincture? Again, I do NOT want to feel "stoned" or wiped out, just very relaxed. If someone could tell me what to expect or give me advice I would appreciate it. I have just started the ball rolling here (Florida) so would like a little more info on what to expect if possible.

Thanks in advance.
You're 68. I'm pretty tickled that this is an option you're willing to at least explore.

Cannabis isn't always about getting high.

Some simple rules of thumb:

Sativa= Upper, more heady, do something kind of clean the house feel. Peppy feel good and functional.

Indica= In Da Couch. End of day. Relax. Sleep like a baby. Feel good and relax.

There are many hybrids in between.

As for what to expect, please ask the folks that will be supplying your meds. They should know better than anyone what to expect.

All of that said, is FL "legal"?

Please be careful.

Old 10-10-2017, 06:29 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 3,309,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
You're 68. I'm pretty tickled that this is an option you're willing to at least explore.

Cannabis isn't always about getting high.

Some simple rules of thumb:

Sativa= Upper, more heady, do something kind of clean the house feel. Peppy feel good and functional.

Indica= In Da Couch. End of day. Relax. Sleep like a baby. Feel good and relax.

There are many hybrids in between.

As for what to expect, please ask the folks that will be supplying your meds. They should know better than anyone what to expect.

All of that said, is FL "legal"?

Please be careful.
Florida just legalized medical. I'm not sure if they have finalized all the rules that will be in place but they have set out some. You have to be in the care of a med marijuana doctor for something like three months before they can write the script. I'm not sure if there are dispensaries open yet but the docs are practicing now.

One can get the med doc requirements going and when the dispensaries are finally in place, you're all set to go.

Old 10-10-2017, 07:51 AM

17,467 posts, read 38,890,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robino1 View Post
Florida just legalized medical. I'm not sure if they have finalized all the rules that will be in place but they have set out some. You have to be in the care of a med marijuana doctor for something like three months before they can write the script. I'm not sure if there are dispensaries open yet but the docs are practicing now.

One can get the med doc requirements going and when the dispensaries are finally in place, you're all set to go.
There is a dispensary just a few miles up the road from me that opened a few months ago. But I am not sure I am going to pursue this right now.

To OldTownFFX, I used to smoke it when I was in my 20s, so this is not new to me. Had all types of experiences from mellow to horrifying. It is something I have to be VERY VERY CAREFUL with, due to my lifelong anxiety issues, which is why I state I only need something to relax, help me sleep.

Since medical marijuana is still so new in Florida, I may just wait awhile. There are a lot of scam artists around that want to promise fast results, but they really just want your credit card info.

Old 10-10-2017, 08:03 AM

1,511 posts, read 1,245,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post

Thanks in advance.
Do it! I have been using it to help my insomnia for the past 3-4 months and it has been amazing. no more taking melatonin and waking up with a groggy hangover... no more taking a xanax and having to worry about becoming addicted.... no more tossing and turning because i can't sleep. it honestly has been a blessing for me. 2-3 puffs and i sleep like a baby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine