Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 07:02 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,225,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ino View Post
Opinion doen't mean much in any debate, researched information is what carries the weight, positive and negative, but in the case of EICS the positive, BY FAR, outweighs the handful of negative instances, (due to the wildly indiscriminate use of, I hasten to add). Unfortunately 'Joe Bloggs' up the street just hasn't got enough 'folding stuff' to further any research to satisfy Governing bodies. What would change if these same bodies took into consideration the THOUSANDS of PERSONAL testimonials? BZZZZZ, Sorry, wrong answer....We want to see where you have spent zillions of dollars on research...We can't go by THOUSANDS of PERSONAL testimonials??!! Good God, what's the world coming to, we can't have you walking the streets thinking for yourself!!

Well there you go, poor old 'Joe' has to be content with doing his own research on the subject the best way he can, weighing up the pro's and con's for himself accordingly, and making his own judgements and assessing it for himself on the way. But...Hey.....That's OK, At least he is thinking for himself, and that's a positive sign! What's that old saying...Oh yeah...The man that has never made a mistake has never made anything.
Please don't pretend YOU have an open mind on this subject, you refuse to acknowledge the negative ramifications of colloidal silver. Your mind is as "closed" as you assume mine is. Please feel free to list all the published resources that show that positives of EICS outweigh the negatives.....Once again, I won't hold my breath waiting....

As for "thousands of personal testimonials?" Absolutely worthless......

Unless you can control for what was being treated, how long it was treated, what other medications or supplements or what have you were being used, other underlying conditions.....you simply CANNOT assume cause and effect. It really is that simple....

If colloidal silver were the be all and end all its adherents claim it to be there WOULD be evidence to back the claims, sadly for you it just doesn't exist....

Old 06-07-2008, 11:30 AM

790 posts, read 4,019,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAgeRedneck View Post
bluedevilz wrote:
Feel free to dispute these FACTS not OPINIONS with scientific evidence, clinical trials, double blinded studies that can PROVE colloidal silver does what its adherents claim.....I won't hold my breath waiting....

Also feel free to keep ranting about the evils of "big pharma" and the FDA because frankly your opinion carries no weight either...

blue...what it comes down to is that you and I have different ways of evaluating the efficacy of Collodial Silver. Whereas you put scientific proof on a pedastal, I put personal experience on my pedestal. In that sense the best we can do is to compare apples and oranges.

You are wise indeed in not holding your breath waiting for me to provide scientific proof. Quite honestly, I have no inclination to put in the time and energy to find out if any scientific evidence even exists. I really don't care. I knocked out a persistent sinus infection with a small dose of CS in just a few days. A few months later I knocked out another infection from some dental work even more rapidly. The proof is in the pudding! I know it works for me, and over the years, I've come across hundreds of testimonials written by other users who have had great success with it. That means more to me than all of the scientific evidence for or against it.

I will indeed continue my rants about the FDA & big pharma. The more of us who take the time to speak up about it, the more people are likely to wake up and discover that they have been hoodwinked. If you want to keep sleeping, so be it. That is your choice.

As for your opinion carrying no weight....I did not direct it to you personally and I further qualified my statement by saying that at least to me. It is you who took it personally. It is fine with me if my opinion carries no weight with you or anyone else for that matter. I understand that we are evaluating the situation from different viewpoints. You are free to disagree with me!

Again, let me say that one of the things I most enjoy about these forums is the outlet to express viewpoints and read viewpoints on the same subject that I totally disagree with. It's wonderful outlet! On some forums I find myself going head to head with certain posters and we have no love lost for each other. On other forums or on other threads we are the best of friends. I look forward to being your friend somewhere along the way.
Very well said.
There are those of us who know how to use "alternative" treatments, do it skillfully and safely and have enough objectivity and discernment and are able to ascertain our results and don't need the approval of a very skewed and biased system to validate what we are doing.
The criminality of the pharmaceutical industry is clearly apparent to anyone who's eyes are open.
That said, in life threatening situations there are times / instances where allopathic (conventional) medicine is needed. To be rigid and/or dogmatic about anything is foolish and limiting.

Old 06-08-2008, 06:25 AM
ino

680 posts, read 2,499,320 times
I have to agree with rubyskye regarding the closing statement. Anyone who has the notion that alternatives negate the wisdom of medical practices and medications are simply naive, [my opinion], as obviously they do have a place.

Regarding my openmindedness I can most certainly disagree with you on that score because, on the contrary, I do acknowledge the negative ramifications as most of my posting will testify. There would not be a site you could point me to that I have not already seen or read, (figuratively speaking of course), but of all I have looked at, the information has shown; (a) most do not refer to EICS, (b) most indicate wildly irresponsible use of, (c) most sites are linked to organisations and/or people who have an interest in not wanting EICS to receive any further funding for research, [a conclusion I have reached based on information I have researched], and (d) most is simply recycled, regurgitated, misrepresented, [again going on personal research], and outdated information.

You are right, (in a sense), 'personal testimonials etc etc'...I have already said earlier that these are the best we are going to get because funding is not forthcoming, from any quarter, and credible information on the pro's of EICS is being withheld, [my considered opinon].

I won't point anyone to any sites or sources for information either as I believe if one can find negative material, (as I have done), then one has also found credible and positive material, (well should have anyway, again as I have done, if one has an open mind, to get a balanced perspective). I have done the hard yards so I consider if anyone out there has a genuine interest in EICS then they can do the similar hard yards and make their own personal judgements accordingly, or alternatively, I could possibly relay information I have researched, again judgements will need to be made by those individuals. Oh, and it won't be in the form of advice, as I don't do advice, I can only pass on information I have collected.

I was a sceptic when I first heard about the topic but...I am forced to concede, as a result of a lot of my own research, that, on use, it has proved positive in a practical sense. I cannot argue against my personal experience using it, both for human and animal, I would be lying if I stated otherwise. What can I say?

All anyone that is, or has, used EICS can do is try to give opposing positive viewpoints to the abundance of negatives that non-understanding of EICS people will find.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:40 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,995,793 times
I just found this article that that talks about a colloidal silver company duking it out with the FDA. I'm pulling for the Utopia Silver Supplement Company. I wish Dennis Kuchinich or someone like him would draft a bill to abolish the FDA.

Old 07-30-2008, 09:06 AM

8 posts, read 26,677 times
Personally, I have not used it. However, I do know someone who has and does so ocassionally, and according to her, has always worked wonders without turning her blue. But then again, she has used it sparingly. I believe the "blue guy" uses it on a daily basis which is the reason he's...blue.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:53 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,225,081 times
Quote:
I just found this article that that talks about a colloidal silver company duking it out with the FDA. I'm pulling for the Utopia Silver Supplement Company. I wish Dennis Kuchinich or someone like him would draft a bill to abolish the FDA.
Duking it out....please.....

Very unbiased article that coming from an advisor to the company in question.

I personally loved this little tid bit at the end of this screed...

Author's Note: Ben Taylor and the Utopia Silver company will soon have an exclusive special offer on his outstanding colloidal silver and colloidal gold liquids and skin care bars just for readers of Natural News, and a continuing Natural News reader discount code good for permanent discounts on every item they sell. Look for it soon here at this page.)

Of course ONLY Big Pharma is in this for the money.....right?????

Old 07-30-2008, 11:05 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,995,793 times
bluedevilz wrote:
Of course ONLY Big Pharma is in this for the money.....right?????
Of course! The supplement companies and natural healers are in it ONLY to provide a service to humanity. To them, money is a necessary evil. ONLY big pharma is in it for the money.

BTW, I have some Colorado oceanfront property for sale right now. I'll give you a great deal on it.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:15 PM

205 posts, read 740,318 times
I am using this stuff called "Sovereign Silver" because it states it is even a finer particle than colloidal silver and it does not say you have to use it only for a limited period of time. I occasionally put a couple drops into my eyes too and I can say it does not sting or burn in the least. Whether it actually does anything for me or not is yet to be seen, and whether my improvements will be due to the silver or the other things I am taking will be difficult to prove.

I mainly wanted to post here to state that I used to have chronic sinus problems, like having to blow my nose for a couple hours every morning, then it would clear up -- this went on for some years -- and I no longer have this condition. I am certain the thing that cured it is oregano juice, which is taken internally as a general tonic and it is known to fight infections and stuff.

I would like to end up making my own colloidal silver but as you can see there is so much contradictory information out there I want to be sure I am doing it correctly, and for now it seems that buying it by the bottle isn't that expensive. Of course I had to kind of 'take a guess' as to which brand to buy, and I am no expert on the subject!

Old 07-31-2008, 01:28 PM

208 posts, read 476,313 times
Thought you'd find this info as interesting as we did. Got the main info off a CD gifted to us by a cherished friend, and it took a LOT of digging and researching to obtain this website for the product ~ And, people, PLEASE ~ PLEASE be careful to NOT "prescribe"!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!! [We 'prescribe' every time we make a claim that a product we used did this or did that]. In 'prescribing' like that, it somehow gets back to the FDA, and they have the power to squelch a business; also squelch a product or products from continuing to be formulated because they, the FDA themselves are not getting a piece of the pie/action as they do [this is a fact] when drugs are prescribed and purchased by the consumer/client/patient. The Pharmaceuticals are also involved in this monopoly as well as 'Big Businesses' which includes Insurance Companies, Physicians .... medical industry in general, etc. So, lets ban together by doing OUR part to keep good quality supplements alive and available. [There are waaaay too many products including so-called 'natural' products containing harmful chemicals which damages our health, but yet allowed to be on the shelves by the FDA, but they will squelch products which are pure and truly 'natural' just because they are not getting a quota from sales and manufacturing etc.]. [My now deceased uncle who owned a Drug Store and was a bonefide, licensed/certified Pharmacists for years attested to these facts and stated he got a high per cent kickback for filling prescriptions, and a slightly smaller per cent for sales of OTC drugs; and NEVER used ANY drugs at all until his dying day and ONLY THEN allowed himself to be prescribed Tylenol or aspirin because doctors were concerned at his old age of 99 of clots when his health finally started failing]. He ALWAYS took supplements!!!!!!!

So check this out! [The gland this CD spoke about was the Pineal Gland of which is the MAIN source from which the WHOLE body's functioning stems including the brain and heart ....... which includes feelings, and our spirit]. For years in my personal involvement in researching health thru nutrition to heal my own conditions, I discovered THIS FACT, and wondered WHAT nutrient would heal the Pineal Gland. Vwahlah!!!!! Here it IS! Finally.....

Check it out ~

http://www.publishinghope.com/index_files/Page1514.htm

Old 07-31-2008, 01:53 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,454,047 times
Quote:
Ron Paul is the only one who would protect our freedom to use natural medicine. Obama and McCain are just in the back pockets of the Corporations. You can probably eventually say good-bye to all the EFFECTIVE supplements, if they are elected. Niether of them even have a platform on health freedom. By the way, Ron Paul is STILL electable. See www.dvds4delegates.com for the reasons why and to learn about the new strategy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine