U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-16-2008, 09:49 AM
 
204 posts, read 1,075,561 times
Reputation: 125
Default Anyone here evey try colloidal silver? Does it work?

I have had a chronic sinus infection for the past 6 months and nothing has helped. My entire throat aches now to the point where I can barely swallow and Ive resorted to thumbs up/thumbs down to answer peoples questions. Either that, or a write down a response. Ive been to three doctors, and spent quite a bit of money to no avail. Ive been on two, two-week courses of strong anti-biotics, im on nasal irrigation. Nothing. Ive been diagnosed with early formation nasal polyps that are causing this infection. The nasal drip is really affecting my voice, and i cant sing anymore which makes me want to destroy everything in sight. I guess the infection is really resiliant. Ive heard people can live with nasal polyps and never notice. I have horrible allergies as well. Theyve been better since the carpet in the house was removed but this damn infection wont go away!!!!!!!!! I read about a nasal mixture that can be made with colloidal silver. Im thinking about nasal irrigation with that. Has anyone used it before? Notice any change? Should I give it a shot before I shoot someone? ANY help is appreciated : )

I just noticed I didnt spell "ever" right in the thread title. Apologies.

 
Old 03-17-2008, 04:14 PM
 
799 posts, read 2,733,498 times
Reputation: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Ray View Post
I have had a chronic sinus infection for the past 6 months and nothing has helped. My entire throat aches now to the point where I can barely swallow and Ive resorted to thumbs up/thumbs down to answer peoples questions. Either that, or a write down a response. Ive been to three doctors, and spent quite a bit of money to no avail. Ive been on two, two-week courses of strong anti-biotics, im on nasal irrigation. Nothing. Ive been diagnosed with early formation nasal polyps that are causing this infection. The nasal drip is really affecting my voice, and i cant sing anymore which makes me want to destroy everything in sight. I guess the infection is really resiliant. Ive heard people can live with nasal polyps and never notice. I have horrible allergies as well. Theyve been better since the carpet in the house was removed but this damn infection wont go away!!!!!!!!! I read about a nasal mixture that can be made with colloidal silver. Im thinking about nasal irrigation with that. Has anyone used it before? Notice any change? Should I give it a shot before I shoot someone? ANY help is appreciated : )
I just noticed I didnt spell "ever" right in the thread title. Apologies.
Silver is very effective. And there are silver products that are better than others. "Source Naturals" is a brand that i trust.
I use a silver supplement called "ASAP solution PLUS". This is a 22ppm silver solution that is available on the web. I get it at the health food store in Santa Cruz for a much lower price but it's a very progressive store and i don't imagine that most health food stores carry it.
I'm not sure whether or not it's "colloidal" but it is a powerful silver solution.
The precaution is to take any silver solution for only a limited amount of time. It will turn your skin gray and permanently if you take too much or for too long. And i'm not sure how much is too much or how long is too long.
It's an antibiotic and so will most likely address the infection but for the long run it seems important that you strengthen your immune system.
I'm not sure about using it to irrigate your sinuses. You may want to take it internally and then use the neti pot (see thread on neti pot use from a couple of days ago) on a regular (daily) basis.
It's interesting that your symptoms improved after you removed the carpet.
I'm wondering if there are other allergens in your environment.
So i don't have any experience with the use of silver for sinus infections and i don't know about using it for irrigation but i love (the cautious use of) silver as a "natural" anti-biotic but again, suggest you address your immune system issues.
Also, since you've done a couple of courses of anti-biotics i would definitely recommend getting a bottle of pro-biotics and taking them on a daily basis for quite some time into the future. Whenever you use antibiotics you are not only killing the bacteria that is causing the infection but you're also destroying the friendly bacteria in your digestive track and it's important to replenish it. Those friendly bacteria are important and are much needed.
I use a product called Jarrow-Dophilus by "Jarrow Formulas". This is a very important supplement for many people and especially after the use of antibiotics.
That's all i can think of at the moment.
 
Old 03-17-2008, 08:07 PM
 
Location: PALM BEACH, FL.
609 posts, read 2,591,863 times
Reputation: 364
Coloidial silver will make your skin turn blue.

Not worth it........... don't you think?
 
Old 03-17-2008, 08:42 PM
 
799 posts, read 2,733,498 times
Reputation: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis s View Post
Coloidial silver will make your skin turn blue.

Not worth it........... don't you think?
If you use it responsibly it will not turn the skin grey or blue!
And what's really not worth it is to be on round after round after round of prescription antibiotics .... huge negative consequences to health.
 
Old 03-18-2008, 08:46 AM
 
Location: Sugar Grove, IL
3,132 posts, read 7,277,453 times
Reputation: 1533
they had a guy on oprah who used this and he was totally blue..through and through!
 
Old 03-18-2008, 09:02 AM
 
Location: South Carolina
5,289 posts, read 4,279,991 times
Reputation: 8047
Here is the video of the blue guy
YouTube - Man Turns Dark BLUE !
 
Old 03-18-2008, 10:59 AM
 
Location: Plano, Texas
8,640 posts, read 14,188,658 times
Reputation: 21119
There is a gentleman at my church who has discolored skin (purplish-grey tint) from using colloidal silver. It can happen.

Sounds like you need to see an ENT about it if you haven't...post haste. It's possible you may need sinus surgery to alleviate the problem. This seems to have been a bad year for people with sinus issues. My husband has really been struggling.
 
Old 03-18-2008, 03:55 PM
 
Location: Wherabouts Unknown!
7,457 posts, read 10,777,300 times
Reputation: 8260
Colloidal Silver always works like a charm for me ( most recently I used it after a dental treatment for a few weeks to prevent an infection from setting up camp ).

Use it in moderation and have no worries about turning blue or any other color.

Surgery seems like a drastic solution, and MAYBE you MIGHT benefit from it, but I'd give colloidal silver a chance before considering something so drastic becasue you MIGHT benefit from colloidal silver and save yourself the agony and cost of surgery.
 
Old 03-19-2008, 10:29 AM
 
204 posts, read 1,075,561 times
Reputation: 125
Im not too worried about turning blue. Im not exactly drinking whole bottles of the stuff in one sitting. I found a sinus wash thats 2 oz. water, sea salt, 5 drops of colloidal silver, and 5 drops of liquid chlorophyll. It works great! I think I am going to start taking it internally. Thanks rubyskye for the info. I will look into the pro-biotics. : )
 
Old 03-19-2008, 06:06 PM
 
799 posts, read 2,733,498 times
Reputation: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Ray View Post
Im not too worried about turning blue. Im not exactly drinking whole bottles of the stuff in one sitting. I found a sinus wash thats 2 oz. water, sea salt, 5 drops of colloidal silver, and 5 drops of liquid chlorophyll. It works great! I think I am going to start taking it internally. Thanks rubyskye for the info. I will look into the pro-biotics. : )
o.k. but wait .... the sinus wash seems to be for just that ... sinus wash ... so i would suggest using it for the intended purpose and then if you feel like you want to use silver internally, do it alone and with caution and for a limited amount of time.
There's another product that i love. The brand is HerbPharm and the particular herbal tincture is called ECHINACEA - GOLDENSEAL COMPOUND. Here's the page of their web-site with this particular tincture. It's about a third of the way down the page. Herb Pharm Compounds (http://www.herb-pharm.com/Products/compounds_fs.html - broken link)
Goldenseal is an herbal full spectrum antibiotic but without the risks of prescription anti-biotics. However, Goldenseal is an herb that you should use for limited amounts of time (2 weeks). Take a break from it and then use prudently again. This is an excellent product from an excellent company.
Echinacea supports the immune system which is what i was suggesting that you focus on.
There are other Echinacea products and other goldenseal products but this one is really good and has a few other herbs in the compound as well. And the same company has an Echinacea&Goldenseal tincture but it's the E/G Compound that i recommend.
And again, i strongly recommend the pro-biotics (or friendly bacteria as i like to call it).
I hope you sing again soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top