Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 02:33 PM

9,852 posts, read 7,722,163 times

Advertisements

I only buy the single remedy homeopathic pellets in the Boiron brand in the white & blue tubes, 30C. You put 3-5 pellets under your tongue and let them dissolve then don't take anymore unless you feel you need it.

I can't remember anyone needing to use it for chronic pain, but it probably would help, we've used it mostly for injuries, falls, bruising, before/after surgery, soreness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2018, 01:23 PM

259 posts, read 174,130 times
I've used homeopathy as well as many other modalities such as meditation, Western and Eastern herbs, acupuncture, tuina (deep Chinese body work), gua sha (a scraping technique), Ayurveda, Bach remedies, Schusseler's Salts, etc. They all have their place, all can assist in healing, none are a panacea, and ultimately it entirely depends upon the mind/body intelligence to heal/repair itself. They all work in more or less the same manner in stimulating the energy that runs throughout the mind/body in a certain fashion. The more skilled one is, the more effective the treatment.

Old 09-11-2018, 06:18 PM

2,529 posts, read 1,861,649 times
It is likely that big medicine companies are bribing news places to give homeopathy a bad rap.

Old 09-11-2018, 06:44 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,648,693 times
I got the kit and another book and I had forgotten how complex homeopathy is.

I doubt I will be using it the way I thought I would. I will need someone with expertise to advise me.

Old 09-12-2018, 11:14 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
I got the kit and another book and I had forgotten how complex homeopathy is.

I doubt I will be using it the way I thought I would. I will need someone with expertise to advise me.
This is where homeopaths come into the ballgame. It's very complex if one is committed to it.

We have a homeopathic pharmacy in our town, been here since 1948, and a homeopath comes in a couple times a week to consult.

And true pharma wants failure in this healing area.

Old 09-12-2018, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
This is where homeopaths come into the ballgame. It's very complex if one is committed to it.

We have a homeopathic pharmacy in our town, been here since 1948, and a homeopath comes in a couple times a week to consult.

And true pharma wants failure in this healing area.
Thank you for suggesting this. I hadn't thought of it!

Old 09-13-2018, 12:04 PM

8,227 posts, read 3,418,723 times
The New England Skeptic Society, the Sciencebasedmedicine guys, are fighting a passionate crusade against homeopathy, and all energy medicine. Those people have influence, and Steven Novella and David Gorski are often quoted. Some of the CD members at this forum seem to be followers.

They hate energy medicine because modern science has no explanation for it. Modern science, currently, denies that life energy (chi) exists. It also denies that there is universal intelligence. Energy medicine is based in these ancient ideas, which some modern scientists consider to be magic.

Ok, well it is magic. That doesn't mean it doesn't work, and doesn't mean it's unscientific. It just isn't scientific according to some narrow-minded scientists who think everything that exists has already been discovered.

Montagnier is old and retired, so not worried about his career. But, from what I heard, he had to move his lab to China anyway, where they are more accepting of the idea of life energy.

There was a French scientist who claimed to find evidence for water memory (an important aspect of homeopathy), but James Randi the atheist/materialist magician, inspected his lab and told the world the experiments were garbage. And the world believed Randi, the magician, over the French scientist!

Don't think modern medicine is starting to accept homeopathy, acupuncture, etc. Wikipedia and Google, for example, are very much on the side of the atheist/materialists.

Old 09-13-2018, 08:01 PM

I didn't know about the French scientist. If the spirit moves you, please post the name.

Old 09-13-2018, 10:29 PM

6,937 posts, read 6,868,065 times
I did a search using "water memory emoto" and got loads of hits including a couple of articles detailing German experiments and also Wikipedia info about the original Japanese guy

The whole Traditional Chinese Medicine 'thing' is all about energy, meridians and chi moving around the body. It seems to have worked well for thousands of years so I guess it must work for them. It is a shame it cannot work for the skeptics and the AMA too ! My father-in-law is a Traditional Chinese Doctor and he is still very busy seeing patients at 81 years old. Amazing guy.

Old 09-14-2018, 10:50 AM

8,227 posts, read 3,418,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
I didn't know about the French scientist. If the spirit moves you, please post the name.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Benveniste
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine