Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 11:24 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times

Advertisements

I don't know if I'll be alive when the insurance world finally acknowledges and supports Prolotherapy, PRP and Stem Cells, but I know Prolo has worked for me, and I paid out of pocket. Pockets are not deep enough for the costs of PRP and Stem Cells though.

PRP/Stem Cells are reported to keep people from drugs and surgeries for many health issues. I'm one who did NOT come out of a hip replacement with glowing results...I live with the mess every day of my life.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4664309/

http://www.mayo.edu/research/centers...ative-medicine

The MD here who has been doing with work for 20some yrs keeps me going and NOT doing more joint surgeries. If I could only afford the PRP injections.

My sister's MD's kept her hanging on for stem cells for the MS she struggled with but she lost her battle late 2016, but the MD's prescribed mega thousands $$ in drugs which she took....

Last edited by jaminhealth; 04-09-2018 at 11:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2018, 11:55 AM

6,844 posts, read 3,959,283 times
Here's another point of view of broken promises by people offering stem cell therapies that don't work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovPZkQYee8Y

At present, stem cell therapies don't work to cure chronic diseases. Even bone marrow and stem cell transplants for cancer are less than 50% effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I don't know if I'll be alive when the insurance world finally acknowledges and supports Prolotherapy, PRP and Stem Cells, but I know Prolo has worked for me, and I paid out of pocket. Pockets are not deep enough for the costs of PRP and Stem Cells though.

PRP/Stem Cells are reported to keep people from drugs and surgeries for many health issues. I'm one who did NOT come out of a hip replacement with glowing results...I live with the mess every day of my life.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4664309/

About Regenerative Medicine - Center for Regenerative Medicine - Mayo Clinic Research

The MD here who has been doing with work for 20some yrs keeps me going and NOT doing more joint surgeries. If I could only afford the PRP injections.

My sister's MD's kept her hanging on for stem cells for the MS she struggled with but she lost her battle late 2016, but the MD's prescribed mega thousands $$ in drugs which she took....

Old 04-09-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
Here's another point of view of broken promises by people offering stem cell therapies that don't work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovPZkQYee8Y

At present, stem cell therapies don't work to cure chronic diseases. Even stem cell transplants for cancer are less than 50% effective.
That's one case...

For me I'd love the opportunity to see IF PRP would work for my knee, back and ankle...I could use about $10K that I would not miss if I didn't get the relief I was hoping for.

I let ortho MD's do all they know which takes insurance and I'm left with advanced OA.

Old 04-09-2018, 01:57 PM

Just like with all medicines and therapies, stem cells are not going to work for everyone and everything. Thinking of a former neighbor who lives with MS and she went to the Dominican Republic probably 20 yrs ago for stem cells and paid $25K and last time we talked she was doing pretty well...taking LDN also. I just called this old friend and it's been a couple yrs since we talked and it's good to hear her voice on the phone, ...so I left a message. I now she wasn't taking a lot of pharma drugs.

Old 04-09-2018, 08:18 PM

48,524 posts, read 34,843,322 times
I thought you were considering knee surgery because all that you've been doing hasn't worked well?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-11-2018, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I thought you were considering knee surgery because all that you've been doing hasn't worked well?
I WAS considering it, but have so much fear to do it...and finding Cosamin DS, extra Omega 3's and the new Turmeric is helping...my knee bends good and I'm not looking to run marathons or go back to any gym.

And perhaps the day will come when I'll do some "regenerative medicine" in the form of PRP/Stem Cells...but right now...no surgery. I am so glad to be out hospital/rehab setting that to go back in, just can't do it.

I'm seeing the ortho MD next week to see IF he thinks the knee could use aspiration.

Old 04-14-2018, 03:27 PM

Just heard another hour with Dr. Darrow and his callers..and everyone either had surgeries and are looking for help, many who do NOT want surgery and need help and it goes on. Every time I hear his program I am more and more convinced about NO surgery. Unless emergency and everything else fails or one learns to live with what they have to deal with. The surgery world does not want this work to be covered by insurance, this is pretty clear to understand.

Old 04-14-2018, 04:05 PM

The insurance world wouldn't care, they would do it in a second if there was proof it worked, it would save them billions - that matters to them.

Old 04-14-2018, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
The insurance world wouldn't care, they would do it in a second if there was proof it worked, it would save them billions - that matters to them.
The insurance world is very much controlled by the surgery/surgeon world...as I've said our surgeons are set up to do surgery as are the hospital OR's. If all the surgeons would start learning PRP/Stem Cells they could be saving a lot of patients from surgery which often fails and is botched and often leaves patients still in a lot of grief. Time will tell and as I said I may not be alive to see it.

The ortho doctor I'm seeing next week is on the brink of retiring, he's been doing hips and knees for some 30 yrs, surgery that is. He's not about to learn PRP/Stem Cells. Darrow teaches this regenerative work at UCLA and says more and more younger docs are learning and doing it. Many patients are living with negative results from surgeries.

Old 04-14-2018, 05:43 PM

You have it backwards. Insurance in most ways, control the doctors. They are the one paying the bills, they lay out what is acceptable treatment and protocol. Frequently docs want to do something, but if insurance doesn't agree, no payment. Lots of doctors will want to use a med "off label" for their patients, but it is insurance who says they won't pay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine