Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 08:28 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times

Advertisements

This subject is going on now in H&W and I'm sure the men have no clue about DHEA and ED. The allopathic doctors just don't test DHEA levels that I know of...if some do I'm shocked.

https://www.erectiledysfunction.com/dhea/

http://edguidance.com/dhea-as-a-trea...e-dysfunction/

Not a man here, but I've been taking DHEA for many years as my levels were tested in my 50's and YEP very low so I take otc supplement and it's a wonder medicine.

Life Extension Foundation are the frontrunners in this natural hormone enhancer.

On this same topic of ED and circulation, another member with sarcasim mentioned Grape Seed Extract and I hadn't thought of that but why not...works on circulation from head to toe. Anyone interested could do a search on ED and Grape Seed Ex.

Well, the curiosity got me. http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Grap...sfunction.aspx

Last edited by jaminhealth; 05-28-2018 at 08:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2018, 10:53 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,843,322 times
DHEA is a widely used supplement for men who exercise, all the men's health magazines talk about it.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-29-2018, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
DHEA is a widely used supplement for men who exercise, all the men's health magazines talk about it.
It's too bad that the allopathic world doesn't go into this hormone testing as it could save a lot of people grief with depleting hormone levels. My first integrative MD did this test on me when I was in my 50's....maybe DHEA can't be patented so pharma can't go there so doctors can't either..that's why I love integrative MD's, they've gone the extra training to get accredited for their work.

I'd bet people take DHEA and haven't had blood levels done, but don't know that for sure. There is plenty of info printed out there on depletion.

Old 06-01-2018, 10:34 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-sup...a/art-20364199

Old 06-14-2018, 09:40 AM

982 posts, read 608,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post

Not a man here, but I've been taking DHEA for many years as my levels were tested in my 50's and YEP very low so I take otc supplement and it's a wonder medicine.
Hi, Jaminhealth. Can I ask what physical benefits you have obtained from DHEA? Not a man here, either, just curious

Old 06-14-2018, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schuttzie View Post
Hi, Jaminhealth. Can I ask what physical benefits you have obtained from DHEA? Not a man here, either, just curious
Ok, be glad to. I probably found out about it and was tested when I was about 60 or so, don't recall my exact dates for all my findings about what has gone on with my health.

1. I am up, I feel vital, and I live with a lot of arthritic pain but in spite I am up.

2. My skin is almost wrinkle free.

3. My mind is good.

4. I still have libido but don't use it. But I know it's there.

And I'm heading to 80 this summer.

I have a friend who just turned 91 and she got on it about 10 yrs ago when I told her about it and in spite of her arthritis pains, she's up and her complexion is unbelievable. And her mind is sharp.

Ask me anything...and it's good to test and LEF can even do tests on all issues. They recommend 15-25mg daily. I've been taking 25mg for years and have missed some months due to hospital/rehabs for my knee issue but back to it.

Old 06-14-2018, 03:01 PM

17,571 posts, read 13,350,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Yep, avoid because interactions and side effects are NOT GOOD for anyone

Old 06-14-2018, 03:04 PM

It's truly amazing how some who have never worked with supplements have so much to say. And yet will get on their soapbox and taut the merits of the famous ED drugs, and I wonder how many lives have been lost to those drugs. I know one person who was taking that famous drug and he's no longer with us. We can find links to this effect. Ok.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:45 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
It's truly amazing how some who have never worked with supplements have so much to say. .

And then there are those of who did, but got no results. Our experiences are no less valid then others.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-20-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
And then there are those of who did, but got no results. Our experiences are no less valid then others.

Just thinking about this subject and this is NOT directed to one person but in general, COULD BE if the doctors tested everyone for their DHEA levels, the drugs would not even be around...just a thought.

We have no idea how many are taking DHEA but a good guess is that MANY are NOT.

And it's not just for exercise, I still take it at 81 and have been for 20 yrs and sex is last thing on my mind but believe it aids in vitality and slows down aging. Lots of non believers who have no clue.

Ask your docs to test your blood levels. Some may and most will give you a blank look...unless one sees integrative or naturopathic docs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine