Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 04:07 PM

4 posts, read 3,409 times

Advertisements

I never was a fan of certain new trends in the development of modern treatment with their meditations, herbs, positive thinking, homeopathy etc. I used to be in favor of traditional medicine and was totally happy with it, loved it actually. But there always comes a time when traditional ways of treatment don’t give a desirable effect and you feel weary and helpless. That is exactly my case, which is unfortunate I must admit. My condition has made me look for some alternative ways of treatment because taking tones of pills every single day, as long as I live, does not seem to be a good option for me. Many people offer trying different herbs and I’ve been doing it for the last 3-4 months. I can’t say that it has cured me, because it has not, but I am feeling more or less better. It is not enough, of course, and I can’t stop taking pills, not yet at least. About a week ago I found a video with Alexsandr Mishin telling about his device and how it helped cure people. At first, I thought that the guy was trying to earn money selling the magical device but then I saw that he had shared the circuit for free and it can be found online, so that everyone could make it at home. That convinced me that the guy had good intentions in mind and now I am going to try and make it myself. Of course, there is no guarantee it is going to help me but it’s definitely worth a try, esp. with so many positive feedbacks.

Old 06-04-2018, 04:18 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,959,283 times
You are too vague. What malady do you have, and what pills do you take? What supplements have you tried. What do you hope Mishin's machine will do for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by helen_34 View Post
I never was a fan of certain new trends in the development of modern treatment with their meditations, herbs, positive thinking, homeopathy etc. I used to be in favor of traditional medicine and was totally happy with it, loved it actually. But there always comes a time when traditional ways of treatment don’t give a desirable effect and you feel weary and helpless. That is exactly my case, which is unfortunate I must admit. My condition has made me look for some alternative ways of treatment because taking tones of pills every single day, as long as I live, does not seem to be a good option for me. Many people offer trying different herbs and I’ve been doing it for the last 3-4 months. I can’t say that it has cured me, because it has not, but I am feeling more or less better. It is not enough, of course, and I can’t stop taking pills, not yet at least. About a week ago I found a video with Alexsandr Mishin telling about his device and how it helped cure people. At first, I thought that the guy was trying to earn money selling the magical device but then I saw that he had shared the circuit for free and it can be found online, so that everyone could make it at home. That convinced me that the guy had good intentions in mind and now I am going to try and make it myself. Of course, there is no guarantee it is going to help me but it’s definitely worth a try, esp. with so many positive feedbacks.

Old 06-04-2018, 04:23 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
I agree with the above, and as far as cures, I don't know what cures...I believe a lot of supplements Prevent hopefully the advancing of health conditions. I deal with advanced OA and can't image a cure for an almost 80 yr body. Management YES.

There are so many health issues and I do so much re: prevention of getting many of them.

Old 06-04-2018, 05:05 PM

I’ve got chronic autoimmune thyroiditis which has been pretty hard to control so far. It’s not like taking a pill a day to rid of the symptoms. I have to check my thyroid hormone levels and adjust my dosage every one-three months. Now I am taking Levo-T and that is something, they say, I’ll have to be doing as long as I live

Old 06-04-2018, 05:46 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,959,283 times
I was hypothyroid for about 10 years and took Armour thyroid pills, 3 grains. I got my thyroid levels checked for a physical for a new job and though my levels were low, they were in the low normal range, so I stopped taking the meds and my levels are still in that range 40 years later. The main side effect I had with the thyroid meds was that it seemed to make me restless, my mind was hyper active while I was on them. Depending on whether or not the drug is working for you, I would either keep taking it or ask for a different med. I don't think it's even remotely possible that Mishin's machine could in any way affect your thyroid levels. Taking a med for life is something many of us have been forced to do. It usually turns out that it's better than not taking it.

Quote:
I’ve got chronic autoimmune thyroiditis which has been pretty hard to control so far. It’s not like taking a pill a day to rid of the symptoms. I have to check my thyroid hormone levels and adjust my dosage every one-three months. Now I am taking Levo-T and that is something, they say, I’ll have to be doing as long as I live

Old 06-04-2018, 06:16 PM

OP: Many do NOT do well on Levo synthetic med. I struggled for 10 long years and finally my D.O. put me on theraputic Armour dose and that was I think 30mg or 60mg it's been a lot of years...I'm now taking Naturethyroid 2 grains which is 130mg and I finally got on Armour when I was 63...don't know your age...IMO, thyroid meds are the least of drugs one needs to worry about.

I got off Armour as they changed their formula and raised their prices and NT came into my life...has basically same ingredients at Armour...T4,T3, T1,T2 and more. Levo contains only T4 and one is expected to convert but many do not.

A friend did acupuncture for many yrs, spent $1000's to not take meds and now she's buying otc thyroid supports online thru supp companies. The thyroid needs support as we age for sure.

Most allopathic MD's won't even work with the more natural thyroid meds...they are brainwashed with the Levo...IMO. One would really benefit better with naturopath or integrative MD I believe.

Old 06-07-2018, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
OP: Many do NOT do well on Levo synthetic med. I struggled for 10 long years and finally my D.O. put me on theraputic Armour dose and that was I think 30mg or 60mg it's been a lot of years...I'm now taking Naturethyroid 2 grains which is 130mg and I finally got on Armour when I was 63...don't know your age...IMO, thyroid meds are the least of drugs one needs to worry about.

I got off Armour as they changed their formula and raised their prices and NT came into my life...has basically same ingredients at Armour...T4,T3, T1,T2 and more. Levo contains only T4 and one is expected to convert but many do not.

A friend did acupuncture for many yrs, spent $1000's to not take meds and now she's buying otc thyroid supports online thru supp companies. The thyroid needs support as we age for sure.

Most allopathic MD's won't even work with the more natural thyroid meds...they are brainwashed with the Levo...IMO. One would really benefit better with naturopath or integrative MD I believe.
My doctor strongly recommends Levo … but I guess you have a point here. I should try something else and see how it goes. Thank you very much for sharing, that was really helpful!

Old 06-07-2018, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
I was hypothyroid for about 10 years and took Armour thyroid pills, 3 grains. I got my thyroid levels checked for a physical for a new job and though my levels were low, they were in the low normal range, so I stopped taking the meds and my levels are still in that range 40 years later. The main side effect I had with the thyroid meds was that it seemed to make me restless, my mind was hyper active while I was on them. Depending on whether or not the drug is working for you, I would either keep taking it or ask for a different med. I don't think it's even remotely possible that Mishin's machine could in any way affect your thyroid levels. Taking a med for life is something many of us have been forced to do. It usually turns out that it's better than not taking it.
Probably you are right. However I am 34 and want to have kids. Unfortunately I don’t have much time …one year, maybe. I mean it would be nice to get pregnant at 35 : ) I don’t want to take any pills when it happens, so I am quite desperate to find a solution. Of course, I am not sure Mishin’s device can help me but he says it can and there are a few comments online from those people who claim to be cured. Who knows… I will never know till I try ))) So, first of all I am going to have a talk with my doctor and ask for a different drug and then I am going to buy that device and give it a try. Anyway, when I do all that, I will write about my progress. Thank you for your comment!

Old 06-07-2018, 07:56 PM

OP: If are trying to get pregnant and that is the problem..I remember when I was back on thyroid support forums a couple members including the moderator of the group were trying to get P.G. and they finally did but it was a group with 99% desiccated supports like Armour and NatureThyroid (NT) meds. I can't recall any taking Synthroid (levo)...I won't mention the names some called it. Pregnancy doesn't cause a woman to stop thyroid support.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:00 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Probably you are right. However I am 34 and want to have kids. Unfortunately I don’t have much time …one year, maybe. I mean it would be nice to get pregnant at 35 : ) I don’t want to take any pills when it happens, so I am quite desperate to find a solution. Of course, I am not sure Mishin’s device can help me but he says it can and there are a few comments online from those people who claim to be cured. Who knows… I will never know till I try ))) So, first of all I am going to have a talk with my doctor and ask for a different drug and then I am going to buy that device and give it a try. Anyway, when I do all that, I will write about my progress. Thank you for your comment!
If Mishin's machine worked, every doctor in the country would be advising every patient to use one. There is no way such a machine would be able to treat your thyroiditis.

Levothyroxine is the drug of choice used for hypothyroidism because the range of doses available makes it simpler to titrate the dose. It is exactly the same thyroid hormone, "T4", produced by your own thyroid and exactly the same hormone found in "natural" thyroid products. Most people are able to convert T4 to a second hormone, T3 without difficulty. A few cannot, but it would be easy for your doctor to confirm if you are one of those who cannot and need to also take T3.

Thyroid issues can make it more difficult to get pregnant, may increase the risk of miscarriage, and can affect the baby. Thyroid replacement is not only safe during pregnancy but essential. Please discuss this with your own doctor before stopping your medication or taking OTC products.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine