Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2018, 09:42 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,302,856 times

Advertisements

If that's true, then it's a shame that people on Atkins and low carb diets won't eat grapes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2018, 10:38 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
If that's true, then it's a shame that people on Atkins and low carb diets won't eat grapes.
I'm not on Atkins but I do eat pretty low carb foods, but eat a few dark grapes now and then. But my primary grape product is the grape SEED extract which is a capsule.

Old 08-23-2018, 10:56 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,099,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatesKat View Post
No one claimed all Drs were good at diagnosing or treating people. Most are though and that's why people go to them.

I don't follow the above. It is very difficult to pull a Drs license. Even a bad veternarian's license.

The same thing the alt-practitioners would do. They too would lose their income. And you keep insisting real medical Drs don't practice preventative medicine and I keep explaining to you that they do if people will listen to them. Most people just want a magic pill to cure them. What is so hard to understand about that? And you seem to forget that people go to Alts to discuss preventative medicine. Those going to real medical Drs are not. They are going because they are ill. They are sick. They are not going to want to discuss their diets or supplements or exercise habits. Do you understand the difference? Real Drs can't force their patients to change their lifestyles.

They are free to choose. Did you think they are not? It is the person's choice to choose which way to go. They get the inserts to read about side effects and most Drs will go over side effects with their patients. The patient can refuse the drug if they don't feel comfortable about it. There are no alt cures for diabetes. However many Drs now use DIET alone to treat their diabetic patients. Once on a low-carb Atkins type diet many no longer need the pills or injections. We don't need carbs in our diet. Our body can make all the glucose it needs from protein. Think of the Inuit and others living in the far north. Again, people are free to choose NOT to take a drug with possible frightening side effects.

They can't squawk like they did when medical incompetence was exposed years ago because there are no stats on the deaths alts cause. You and I both know that. You can research until you fall from your chair and will not find them. Do you think those who are responsible even know their greediness and dishonesty and lies will soon cause the death of my friend D.A? Do you think they care? They have her thousands of dollars for all kinds of useless supplements and information and whatever. Do you think if they did know they would report it to the Gov? Never happen. After H. Clark fled to MX to open a filthy fly ridden clinic using her magic zapper to cure cancer there was some agency that tried to find her past cancer patients. All were already dead. They could not locate one of her victims that was still alive or cured. She claimed liver flukes caused all cancers. How many people did she kill in her lust for money? No stats available, just like Burzynski.

She did, the alt practitioner she met online who took her money and did nothing as her health deteriorated. She, like you, believed all the fake testimonials and anecdotes she read online. She was convinced real medical Drs were what the alt sites claimed they were - money grubbers who would not cure her even if they could. Do you understand this?

Here you are playing the *alt-blame-the-victim* game. Blame her for being lied to and ripped off. They convinced her that all Drs were only out for the money. She did not show poor judgement. She was raked over by the alt money grubbers selling fake treatments and cures. She, like you, believed all the fake testimonials and anecdotes she read online. She was convinced real medical Drs were what the alt sites claimed they were - money grubbers who would not cure her even if they could. So tell us, who should she have talked to? Who is that "someone" you think she should have spoken to?

I take my time replying to you and others here because I saw the suffering and misery this trusting religious gullible women endured at the hands of Alt-practitioners. How dare anyone blame her for what they did to her? They took her money and soon they will have taken her life.
Medical Dr’s are in a tight knit group. Dr Burzynski is not part of their group. He will never be an insider. The combined power of their group over a single and hated, outside Dr should be enough to get rid of him. It has not, he is still practicing medicine.

You missed the point about everyone in medicine losing their jobs if everyone suddenly became well. Their entire system is built upon sick people. Sick people, not a well person among them. This is their income.

You are painting every natural Medical Dr and practitioner who has chosen to practice Alt medicine with a broad brush. A lot of natural practitioners I’ve visited over the years had an MD next to their name. Depicting them practicing in a filthy fly ridden shack is disrespectful to these good people who endeavor to give some of us more choices in our healthcare. For someone who talks about freedom of choice, you seem very close minded.

You keep bringing up H Clark. There are many examples of flakes, druggies and fly by nights in the medical community. When I was living in LA years ago, and working in a vet clinic, this couple brought in a basket of expensive, pure bred parvo puppies. Turns out this couple was a Dr and nurse and they were so drugged out on their own products they couldn’t be bothered to vaccinate the puppies. This incident stayed with me because until then, I hadn’t expected Dr’s to be such irresponsible druggies. I garnered lots of stories in years after that and heard plenty more from friends. Yes, there are tons of flakes in medicine.

I am sorry about your friend, but we all have to take responsibility for mistakes. She should have talked to a friend, parent, spouse, son or daughter, someone who might have listened and given her ideas on how to proceed. Being alone is sad and very counterproductive and a support system is always better. And of course, no one should be a charlatan and get away with it. That goes for every field. But to proceed on her own was foolish.

I don’t believe half of what’s online, there is so much bad information. But when you find genuine information out there, it’s a great feeling. Good websites are rare. The internet can be a good source of information, like a giant library. I can’t imagine what possessed your friend to believe all the stuff out there. But charlatans have been around since Hippocrates and aren’t going away anytime soon.

As mentioned earlier, many of the practitioners I’ve seen had full medical training but went over to natural medicine. Sorry your friend was unable to have a happier ending. This is obviously why you despise Alt medicine and that’s your choice. I personally hope this field keeps growing, it was extremely popular in N Scottsdale where I lived.

Old 08-24-2018, 09:05 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,302,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I'm not on Atkins but I do eat pretty low carb foods, but eat a few dark grapes now and then. But my primary grape product is the grape SEED extract which is a capsule.
You would probably need to eat more than just a few grapes to get any cancer-fighting benefits, though.

Old 08-24-2018, 09:20 AM

9,756 posts, read 7,573,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
My genius surgeon used a homeopathic remedy, btw. That's not why I chose him and I was surprised to go to an eminent surgeon and be given Arnica for pain. But some of the best doctors go beyond the call of duty and take it upon themselves to educate themselves beyond what is absolutely necessary. I've seen that again and again.

Alternative medicine is mostly for prevention but it can also support conventional medicine. Ideally the conventional and alternative practitioners can work together to bring about the very best treatment for the individual. Usually it's rich people who get to experience this ideal treatment.
That's great. That's a surgeon I would want as well. We have used Arnica for for pain and bruising for 30 years.

Old 08-24-2018, 09:28 AM

9,756 posts, read 7,573,237 times
Quote:
Jamin, I will add this. The power of the mind is huge. Whether or not grape seed extract can be proven to be a healthy supplement in a lab is one thing, but you believe 110% that it is making you stronger and healthier. Good for you.

And I found out that GSE is in my multivitamin, so good for me too.

Old 08-24-2018, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
You would probably need to eat more than just a few grapes to get any cancer-fighting benefits, though.
I've been taking grape SEED extract for 23 yrs...long enough? This post is about the Grape in general and the SEED is from the grape and so are the skins etc etc etc.....

Old 08-24-2018, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Jamin, I will add this. The power of the mind is huge. Whether or not grape seed extract can be proven to be a healthy supplement in a lab is one thing, but you believe 110% that it is making you stronger and healthier. Good for you.

And I found out that GSE is in my multivitamin, so good for me too.
I hear that John McKain has stopped his cancer treatment...can't help but wonder had he known about Grape Seed Ex would he be in a different place today. Can't help but wonder about that.

I bought a book about Grape Seed Ex back in 1995 or so and it was published by a naturopath right there in his neck of the woods in AZ. This little book was life changing and I've lent it out to so many over the years.

Yes, the power of the mind is major but so are the results of the health one is appreciating. I get high just thinking about some issues here at my 80 yrs. I absolutely love NOT going to eye doc and dentists now for some 7 yrs or so, know it's the grape seed ex.

On the multi, I'm sure many companies are adding low doses of grape seed ex to their multi. I took a multi for many years and don't bother now.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 08-24-2018 at 11:08 AM..

Old 08-24-2018, 11:08 AM

14,210 posts, read 11,487,696 times
I understand suppositions, but this was not clear:

Quote:
Now you may have never been at that lecture, but thinking you were.
I guess you meant "imagine you were."

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Yeah, I'm positive Jamin is not interested in hearing about the placebo effect of Grape Seed Extract.

You know, you just can't lose with that stuff. If you're healthy in any way, it's because of Grape Seed Extract, and if you have any ailments, well, those are aspects that Grape Seed Extract can't be expected to affect anyway. You know what I mean. If Jamin didn't have arthritis, she would be saying it's because she takes Grape Seed Extract.

Old 08-24-2018, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
I understand suppositions, but this was not clear:

I guess you meant "imagine you were."

Yeah, I'm positive Jamin is not interested in hearing about the placebo effect of Grape Seed Extract.

You know, you just can't lose with that stuff. If you're healthy in any way, it's because of Grape Seed Extract, and if you have any ailments, well, those are aspects that Grape Seed Extract can't be expected to affect anyway. You know what I mean. If Jamin didn't have arthritis, she would be saying it's because she takes Grape Seed Extract.
People keep throwing around placebo and if that's it, so what. I just know what is working in my life.

No allergy drugs in over 23 yrs. That's a huge one for me.

Now no dental appts and no eye doctors. My dental health and eyes are good now at this time in my late life. I know it's the antioxidants...if that's placebo, then it is.

If so many don't buy into alt med, why continue to check in and knock it.

You know, it makes life a lot more exciting when one is pretty healthy and is finding themselves not running to a lot of doctors. I'd love to hear that from others and I would applaud them for their efforts and finding good health.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine