Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 12:23 PM

11,412 posts, read 7,798,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robino1 View Post
Bull crap.

People die from the cancer because the chemo has stopped working and the cancer has mutated to the point of being resistant the chemo drugs.

Ask me how I know...

FOLFOX was working beautifully for a year. Then it stopped working and my CEA numbers began to climb back up and three new tumors popped up. I've now switched to a new chemo regime and I am crossing my fingers that it works to shrink them so I can get surgery.

I take the supposed 'cures' that my husband and daughter find on the net along with the chemo. Hasn't done a damned thing for me.

The chemo will not kill me, the cancer that is becoming resistant Will.

Before spreading such blatant lies, you really should have first hand experience and not just 'stories' from others. Get the facts from your relatives and look at and read all their medical reports. It will fill binders but the answers are there if you so choose to actually dig and learn.

Telling people that chemo kills is a HUGE injustice and a Major slap in the face to those of us that are currently going through chemo. It is entirely Insulting to those of us battling the disease.

There are people that are sensitive and have bad reactions to some of the chemo drugs, that is why we are monitored closely when switching to a new regime or are just starting our journey.

Chemo rarely cures active cancers but it does happen. Chemo is mostly used to shrink tumors so that they can be operated on. Maintenance chemo is alighter weight version that helps keep the cancer from growing and is not nearly as toxic on the body. Strong chemos are for those that need it.

There are many different types of chemo for the many different types of cancer.

These are facts that I NEVER wanted to learn about but have been put into the position that I have to learn about through my own research.

Please do not insult us, going through this fight, further with this nonsense.

I used to believe that doing both supplemental and chemo would get me through this and come out cancer free. Nope, didn't happen.

Would I ever trust just going the supplement/apricot seed/THC (insert your particular miracle cure here) route?

Hell to the No!

I would be dead today if I had.

Are my side effects more manageable due to these supplements? Yes, so they do have a place in the treatment circle.

Just please stop with the fear mongering unless you personally can attest to the facts you are spouting. When I say personally I mean if YOUR cancer was cured doing these things.
I haven’t had cancer, but have journied with people who have. To spout the sort of nonsense you see on C-D is so insulting to someone literally fighting for their life. I agree that supplements are helpful in managing side effects and oncologists routinely recommend them for such. But, when people start claiming they can cure or prevent cancer despite zero proof of those statements, it makes my blood boil. I can’t even imagine how it must make you feel.

I wish you well. Keep up the good fight.

Old 07-24-2018, 12:29 PM

1,183 posts, read 707,286 times
Moderator cut: Quackwatch is not allowed in this Alt.Med forum

Any chemical that is found inside apricot kernels is no more or less likely a priori to (1) cure you or (2) kill you. One has to test it and see (real tests not made up hand-waving). There is no magical barrier - imagined by many here - between synthetic and naturally occurring chemicals. Either can help you and either can kill you - comes down to the actual molecule(s). Your body doesn't know which is synthetic and which is naturally occurring - it either has the receptors/targets for those molecules or it doesn't. Medicines don't treat by magic - they treat by doing one or more physical things in the body - binding, interfering, activating. Cyanide, which is naturally occurring, can kill, and will always kill at a high enough dosage. There are thousands of other naturally-occurring molecules which can also kill. No magic dividing line.

Last edited by in_newengland; 07-24-2018 at 02:42 PM..

Old 07-24-2018, 12:34 PM

1,183 posts, read 707,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
I haven’t had cancer, but have journied with people who have. To spout the sort of nonsense you see on C-D is so insulting to someone literally fighting for their life. I agree that supplements are helpful in managing side effects and oncologists routinely recommend them for such. But, when people start claiming they can cure or prevent cancer despite zero proof of those statements, it makes my blood boil. I can’t even imagine how it must make you feel.

The righteous liars are mainly low level conspiracy theorists. To imagine they'd ever hold their own speculative "medicines" and treatments to the safety standards and testing standards that they hold actually-researched mainstreamed medicines to is comical. Cognitive dissonance in the extreme.

Old 07-24-2018, 12:40 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 3,335,073 times
Quote:

I can't rep you again so soon so here is my public Thank You!

I'm trying my damnedest to stay alive. It's hard but I'm stubborn.

Old 07-24-2018, 12:41 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chint View Post
The righteous liars are mainly low level conspiracy theorists. To imagine they'd ever hold their own speculative "medicines" and treatments to the safety standards and testing standards that they hold actually-researched mainstreamed medicines to is comical. Cognitive dissonance in the extreme.
Cognitive dissonance is dismissing the fact that both chemo and radiation cause cancer.

It's on the PI for chemo drugs and it is a known scientific fact that radiation causes cancer. It's why people leave the room during xrays. It's why if a woman is pregnant she avoids radiation. It's why the dentist uses lead aprons.

Chemo kills ALL cells in your body. It kills them. It kills your immune system, which means infections can run rampant. Infections do not run rampant because of cancer. They run rampant because of chemo, which kills the immune response.

Cognitive dissonance indeed. Read a chemo drug PI and then come back and claim how safe they are.

Steven Barrett is a NON board certified psychiatrist who has been sued like 15 times. And he has lost. His site is not to be trusted. In court he claimed he made $54,000 a year. Know any psychiatrists who make $54,000 a year? Me neither. Something is not right with quackwatch.

And AGAIN:

According to the CDC/FDA, how many people died from laetrile before the substance was banned?

No one seems to be able to provide an answer.

Old 07-24-2018, 12:49 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,482,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
According to the CDC/FDA, how many people died from laetrile before the substance was banned?
No one seems to be able to provide an answer.
LMGTFY

Old 07-24-2018, 12:51 PM

11,412 posts, read 7,798,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chint View Post
Yep. With any mainstream med, I can find actual scientific studies on the efficacy, safety and possible side effects. With that information, I can make an educated and informed decision. With supplements I can find Amazon reviews, anecdotal stories and websites that make unsubstantiated claims and will also sell you a bottle of whatever for the low, low price of $19.99.

Old 07-24-2018, 12:59 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Yep. With any mainstream med, I can find actual scientific studies on the efficacy, safety and possible side effects. With that information, I can make an educated and informed decision. With supplements I can find Amazon reviews, anecdotal stories and websites that make unsubstantiated claims and will also sell you a bottle of whatever for the low, low price of $19.99.
Can you find the studies that prove laetrile was so deadly that it caused the FDA to ban it?

Reports from the CDC on the number of deaths laetrile caused?

Please provide links.

Old 07-24-2018, 01:18 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old fed View Post
who funds you???
I fund myself..And You?

Old 07-24-2018, 01:21 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robino1 View Post
Bull crap.

People die from the cancer because the chemo has stopped working and the cancer has mutated to the point of being resistant the chemo drugs.

Ask me how I know...

FOLFOX was working beautifully for a year. Then it stopped working and my CEA numbers began to climb back up and three new tumors popped up. I've now switched to a new chemo regime and I am crossing my fingers that it works to shrink them so I can get surgery.

I take the supposed 'cures' that my husband and daughter find on the net along with the chemo. Hasn't done a damned thing for me.

The chemo will not kill me, the cancer that is becoming resistant Will.

Before spreading such blatant lies, you really should have first hand experience and not just 'stories' from others. Get the facts from your relatives and look at and read all their medical reports. It will fill binders but the answers are there if you so choose to actually dig and learn.

Telling people that chemo kills is a HUGE injustice and a Major slap in the face to those of us that are currently going through chemo. It is entirely Insulting to those of us battling the disease.

There are people that are sensitive and have bad reactions to some of the chemo drugs, that is why we are monitored closely when switching to a new regime or are just starting our journey.

Chemo rarely cures active cancers but it does happen. Chemo is mostly used to shrink tumors so that they can be operated on. Maintenance chemo is alighter weight version that helps keep the cancer from growing and is not nearly as toxic on the body. Strong chemos are for those that need it.

There are many different types of chemo for the many different types of cancer.

These are facts that I NEVER wanted to learn about but have been put into the position that I have to learn about through my own research.

Please do not insult us, going through this fight, further with this nonsense.

I used to believe that doing both supplemental and chemo would get me through this and come out cancer free. Nope, didn't happen.

Would I ever trust just going the supplement/apricot seed/THC (insert your particular miracle cure here) route?

Hell to the No!

I would be dead today if I had.

Are my side effects more manageable due to these supplements? Yes, so they do have a place in the treatment circle.

Just please stop with the fear mongering unless you personally can attest to the facts you are spouting. When I say personally I mean if YOUR cancer was cured doing these things.
Well, it sounds like you are taking some supplement helpers. That's good. The immune system needs all the help one can give it.

I wonder how many if any oncologists advise their patients to take immune system supports. I know when my son in law was in the battle for his life, friends were coming out of the woodwork giving him all kinds of advice...wonder if his doc gave him advice. I know he bought a sauna and used it to sweat out the toxins, but he lost the battle.

I tried to get him to take my "seed" years ago but he poo poo'd it. ummmm

Last edited by jaminhealth; 07-24-2018 at 01:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine