Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2018, 07:38 PM

3 posts, read 1,774 times

Advertisements

Try as I might, I can't seem to find any active forums or discussions about NRT or muscle testing. I've seen an NRT practitioner 3 times now and am on the fence as to how I feel about it but am going to give it a solid 8 weeks and then re-evaluate. Anyone here have experience with it, good or bad? I'm so surprised that there aren't more discussions about it... I've been searching for weeks.
Sue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2018, 08:17 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
I think I've had it a few times and it seems to work somewhat even though I can't think of any reason why it would.

One example was a few years ago when I went to an MD who had left regular medicine because he wanted a better way to help people and he was extremely interested in nutrition. Somehow he tested me by having me hold a vial of some substance--but I can't remember much more than that. Turned out he was very good friends with my regular MD and they compared notes and talked about these things. This dr told me that this type of testing wasn't as accurate as what a regular doctor uses (what he had used previously) but it was pretty good.

(Maybe I am mixing this dr up with another medical person who used this sort of testing but it seems that one of them would put pressure on my arm. Sometimes my arm would go right down; other times my arm stayed strong. I never understood it but, as with the MD, it seemed to be somewhat accurate in knowing what foods I was allergic to and what supplements were in the best form for me to take. The foods were accurate because I'd had regular allergy testing.

I have no proof of anything but what stood out to me was that this doctor and my PCP compared notes and both felt that there was something to it. I guess it's about electromagnetic fields. Another thing for which there is probably no incentive to study because it can't be patented and sold.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:31 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
I've been doing pendulum dowsing and applied kineosology (muscle testing) for probably 10 yrs...love it!!! I seem to be the lone ranger around here...but when I was on another health group back in the 2005 time frame I learned it as some other members did these.

There are several ways to do muscle testing and I can do all 3 of them and then there is the pendulum...both are right on when I am hungry for some "sounder" answers.

My two good friends do it also, one more than the other.

I check myself with both of the above protocols and they come out the same.

I don't know the NRT term.

Old 09-03-2018, 09:54 PM

Thank you both for replying - this is the most activity I've seen on this subject in weeks! NRT stands for Nutrition Response Testing, also called muscle testing, and related to kinesiology. By placing pressure on certain parts of my body and pushing on my arm with is other hand he determines which organs are stressed by how strong or weak my arm is against his slight pressure. And then he places dozens of vials on your abdomen and does the arm test with those which helps he determine what you react badly to, what you need more of, etc. It seems impossible that this would work but he zeroed in on some of my health issues without having any clue what they were simply by doing his testing.

He also told me one of my scars (it's 35 years old) was causing me problems and had me massaging wheat germ oil on it twice a day. I asked him if I should put it on all my scars and he said I could but it was only the one scar that was causing a disruption in my system. Low and behold, after starting to treat all my scars, only the one that he sensed was the problem started getting painful and red. He said that was a GOOD sign because it was becoming active and now could heal, and it is healing. I'm amazed that a 35 year old scar would react to a little oil but apparently he knew there was a problem there just by placing his hand over it, through my clothing. That one still baffles me.

I wish there were more support and discussion about this but I am thrilled to have found at least you two!
Sue

Old 09-03-2018, 10:36 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
Probably 15 yrs ago or so I was seeing a chiropractor and would literally drag myself into his office with fatigue, and then he pulled out his sack of vials and trusty knowledge and found SOY was doing it...and I had just gotten on the soymilk craze that hit the U.S. and it was playing havoc with my thyroid, hence the fatigue. That was my beginning of this work. And of course the end of soy for my body if I have anything to do with it...there is hidden soy in other stuff but I read labels and work to avoid it as much as I can.

I had seen another chiro who does the work too. And at one point my integrative MD tested me for Armour and I was good. It's truly amazing work and one can work on others long distance as I've read and I think I did a little long distance work years ago for a friend.

Interesting on the scar and I get it.

Sue, what part of the U.S. are you near? I know there are some online groups but I never got involved.

Old 09-04-2018, 09:16 AM

9,860 posts, read 7,732,644 times
Oh wow, I hadn't thought of this in years. My chiropractor/homeopathic doctor did this a few times. And I had a vegetarian friend who used to do it in the grocery with her daughters.

I need to research this again.

Old 09-04-2018, 11:17 AM

Thanks for the feedback, and maybe we can bring this topic to the forefront where hopefully it can help other people, too. Of course, I can't possibly endorse or support it yet but I hope in a few months to be able to tell everyone that a lot of my health issues have improved significantly.

I'm located in Connecticut.
Sue
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine