Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 01:50 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,725,069 times

Advertisements

I believe so many "forget" to drink enough of clean quality water and so many end up with high blood pressure and drugs. My neighbor was just here telling me that his dad started drinking more water thru the day and is now off blood pressure meds. Our blood pressure changes every minute of the day so take this into consideration.

https://www.drsinatra.com/lower-your...rinking-water/

I don't believe the doctor is saying drink gallons but 8-10 glasses daily for sure.

Old 09-14-2018, 02:17 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,856,735 times
Too much water can be dangerous too. My dad had a seizure because he drank too much water (he had dementia and couldn't remember how much he had already had).

Old 09-14-2018, 03:25 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,974,247 times
I drink water all day and have high blood pressure.

Old 09-14-2018, 03:43 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,349,532 times
Yeah...I don't know about a direct link between drinking water and high BP. I'm just glad the piece also warned against drinking too much water, especially if you have other kidney or heart (CHF) issues. Some water being good doesn't mean drinking constantly is good.

People were saying to drink a gallon a day as if it were gospel. In fact there was not a hard and fast rule on how much to drink each day and whatever recommendation also includes all the fluid in what you eat, which is quite substantial.

Old 09-14-2018, 04:14 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,321,730 times
Doesn't your blood pressure drop every time you pee, due to less fluid being in your body?

So if you drink a lot of whatever, be it water, juice, soda, beer, wine, coffee, etc., and you don't keep excreting that liquid accordingly, the amount of fluid inside your body increases and the harder your heart needs to pump, so your BP would increase or stay elevated.

There's a hormone ADH (anti-diuretic hormone) that helps increase your blood pressure when it's too low, by causing your body to retain fluid/water, hence the name "anti-diuretic".

Old 09-14-2018, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Doesn't your blood pressure drop every time you pee, due to less fluid being in your body?

So if you drink a lot of whatever, be it water, juice, soda, beer, wine, coffee, etc., and you don't keep excreting that liquid accordingly, the amount of fluid inside your body increases and the harder your heart needs to pump, so your BP would increase or stay elevated.

There's a hormone ADH (anti-diuretic hormone) that helps increase your blood pressure when it's too low, by causing your body to retain fluid/water, hence the name "anti-diuretic".
I don't know if it drops every time one pees. I'd have to take my BP every time I go pee. Who really knows, everyone has different opinions on all this BP issue. Of course this holds true just about for every issue we are told to do this or don't do that. My sense tells me that flushing our arteries with enough water can make a change but I don't know. Who does, BP meds are a huge pharma business.

I've heard drink 8 - 8 oz glasses of water daily for decades...that's about 64 oz, give or take, and I know I don't drink that much as I sip all day and drink at least 2 8 oz glasses daily with my MSM so that's 16oz so that leaves me sipping 48oz the rest of the day...and I don't think that happens in me. And I stop a lot of water intake about 6PM as I'll be up all night peeing which I do a lot now.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 09-14-2018 at 05:30 PM..

Old 09-14-2018, 06:16 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Liquids increase blood pressure, and dehydration causes your blood pressure to go down.

Conditions that can cause low blood pressure

Dehydration. When your body loses more water than it takes in, it can cause weakness, dizziness and fatigue. Fever, vomiting, severe diarrhea, overuse of diuretics and strenuous exercise can lead to dehydration.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20355465
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-14-2018, 06:21 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,321,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Liquids increase blood pressure, and dehydration causes your blood pressure to go down.[/url]
That's what I thought, it's basically just biology and physics, move fluid/liquid/blood in the body the harder your heart has to work to pump it all.

Old 09-14-2018, 06:37 PM

Quote:
That's what I thought, it's basically just biology and physics, move fluid/liquid/blood in the body the harder your heart has to work to pump it all.
I've read otherwise. I believe I've read both theories, depending on who's writing the info.i

When I think back over my life and when I first got the high BP noise from the MD, and that was probably 15 yrs ago, no mention of keeping hydrated and I didn't know or think a bloody thing about the importance of enough water and blood pressure.

It was right to the drugs....and for months before I worked with so many natural supps to avoid drugs but NEVER thought of the more water issue to flush out the arteries.

I drank water back then but maybe several glasses a day and now it's water bottles all around my house. But It's sips, probably 2-3 full 8 oz glasses daily, the rest sips.

There is a lot of info on the importance of enough clean water and I don't mean GALLONS to keep BP lower.

I tried so hard to NOT get on BP meds as I always heard once on them it's for a lifetime they got you.

Old 09-14-2018, 06:41 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Quote:
Exactly.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.