Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 12:19 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,560,839 times

Advertisements

Old thread: Most clear up on their own

https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/...ct-infection#1

You have to monitor the urine daily to see if it changes to clear and be aware of any drinks that can affect the color. I normally see it clear up in a few days. The last sample I took for the doctor came back negative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2019, 12:26 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,725,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Old thread: Most clear up on their own

https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/...ct-infection#1

You have to monitor the urine daily to see if it changes to clear and be aware of any drinks that can affect the color. I normally see it clear up in a few days. The last sample I took for the doctor came back negative.
I drink water all day, bottles at various locations in my apt and my urine is ALways clear. I even drink during the night when I wake to go to the bathroom, just a little but do, and no sodas etc.

I posted earlier about UT Answer and a 92 yr old friend uses it with success, she gets too many UTI's and does NOT drink enough water, as she says she would be on the toilet all the time. She is of good mind at this quite late time in her life.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 01-24-2019 at 01:40 PM..

Old 01-24-2019, 01:34 PM

17,530 posts, read 13,320,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
UTI and urosepsis commonly lead to confusion and delerium in the elderly often some of the earliest symptoms

Far more likely that the disease process for which he is being treated has resulted in the mental status changes than the antibiotics being used to treat the condition
Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!! We have a winner

In the elderly (and sometime younger people) the byproducts of the UTI and urosepsis exacerbated delirium.

The UTI MUST be treated medically

Old 02-17-2019, 08:44 AM

233 posts, read 155,167 times
Default Reads like a whodunnit !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenrr View Post
My friend's elderly brother is in hospital. He was diagnosed with a UTI, and given medication for it. (I don't know what.)
Suddenly he started to exhibit symptoms of Alzheimer's. My friend is very perturbed because she saw him not long ago, and he had no signs of dementia or Alzheimers.

I suggested she find out what drug he is being given for the UTI, bec. I know some antibiotics like fluoroquinolones (eg Cipro) can cause central nervous system symptoms such as paranoia, depression, delusion.

Wondering what anyone's thoughts are on this -- or any experience you have.

thanks.

Praise the Lord my father warned me of the so-called doctors AND my co-worker rightly steered me to safe herbs and specifically cranberry, AND it was the correct remedy for me.

One doctor correctly diagnosed it as a UT condition, and not infection, and I believe that peoples conditions cleared up once they got away from the chemicals they were given.

My question is, was the urinary problem the reason for being in the hospital, or was it a secondary reason for being there ?

I give credit to the chemicals given by the hospital for creating this disaster, making a mountain out of a molehill , AND the IATROGENIC charts tell the stories.....little did I know I dodged a bullet back in the 80's by taking the cranberry and eventually stopping all the unhealthy sodas, the true origin of the condition.

I hope he's out of the grips of the serpents and their chemical soup matrix of drugs, and is enjoying his remaining years away from that danger.

BTW, coconut oil has been shown to help dementia patients regain their grip on reality with it .

k

Old 02-17-2019, 11:52 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,725,069 times
Knock wood here, I'm uti free and know this issue is nagging for many. Thinking for me, could be the devotion to grape seed extract as it contains anti bacterial, anti fungal, anti viral properities.

Old 02-21-2019, 04:56 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,369,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Please be careful treating UTIs with home remedies. UTIs can be life-threatening.

Typically, UTIs, also known as bladder infections, are easy to cure. But if left untreated, the infection can spread and develop into far more serious conditions. UTIs, for instance, are a leading cause of sepsis, a potentially life-threatening infection of the bloodstream.
This is what a friend of mine was telling me. Her son got a UTI (which is actually more common in girls than in boys). He developed a high fever and they took him to the hospital, because they were worried about the possibility of him developing sepsis. Sepsis can kill someone. Other side effects can be gangrene in the limbs which can result in amputation.

So if you suspect you or a loved one has UTI, get them to a doctor ASAP for an antibiotic. (It's definitely not something to try and treat with cranberry juice, which is not proven to cure UTIs.)

Old 02-27-2019, 10:37 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,749,142 times
What goes with a UTI, do you have a fever?

Old 02-27-2019, 11:18 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,350,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
This is what a friend of mine was telling me. Her son got a UTI (which is actually more common in girls than in boys). He developed a high fever and they took him to the hospital, because they were worried about the possibility of him developing sepsis. Sepsis can kill someone. Other side effects can be gangrene in the limbs which can result in amputation.

So if you suspect you or a loved one has UTI, get them to a doctor ASAP for an antibiotic. (It's definitely not something to try and treat with cranberry juice, which is not proven to cure UTIs.)
My grandmother had constant UTIs and her last one led to sepsis. She never stuck to doing what she was supposed to do for treatment.

I think she was ready to go at that point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine