Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2019, 10:16 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times

Advertisements

Nope.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2019, 04:54 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times
My friend's mom, in her 70s, didn't feel well, went to the hospital Friday...that night
he asked the MD in the hall what they found...'Inconclusive, still, running tests'.
My friends says," I'll tell you what's wrong with her it's her heart and circulation."
He was a Clinical Kinesiologist.
Doc says, "No, Her EKG was fine."

Next morning, Saturday, she died of a massive heart attack.
Western medicine's test, the AMA, are just not sensitive enough (sometimes)
to pick up on everything. Period. They try.

(I asked, Did you ever talk to the doctor again?
"Why? He still probably doesn't believe it was her heart.")

*Added: Oh, the topic of the liver veered into AMA tests....sorry...I wanted
to give an example, albeit about the heart, that MD's tests miss things.
They simply do...while alternative methods can pick up on things they miss...
it could be from Chinese medicine, kinesiology, fingernails, facial reading, tongue,
breath...EKG's and other invasive tries to diagnose can miss things.

*An MD could not tell a 57 yr old why she was losing SO much hair!
I told her try 2 cups of rosemary tea a day, hot or cold...she only drank one cup, ha.
In one week her hair loss decreased by 75%....one week!!
That came to me from a Seattle Am. Indian 'medicine man'- type healer...or herbalist you might say.

The AMA is my point...they try but, miss things. Thus, we turn to alternative help.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 04-01-2019 at 05:26 AM..

Old 04-02-2019, 07:29 AM

3,671 posts, read 3,554,080 times
N-Acetylcysteine (NAC), Milk Thistle (Silymarin), Curcumin, and Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA), when used together; are excellent at cleaning and repairing the liver. We've been taking them for quite some time now, and have excellent liver results. This isn't just me talking, there are many studies done on these non-drug supplements. N-Acetylcysteine has been shown to reverse acetomenophine poisoning that has concentrated in the liver.

Last edited by TerraDown; 04-02-2019 at 08:00 AM..

Old 04-03-2019, 05:51 PM

3,688 posts, read 2,409,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
N-Acetylcysteine (NAC), Milk Thistle (Silymarin), Curcumin, and Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA), when used together; are excellent at cleaning and repairing the liver. We've been taking them for quite some time now, and have excellent liver results. This isn't just me talking, there are many studies done on these non-drug supplements. N-Acetylcysteine has been shown to reverse acetomenophine poisoning that has concentrated in the liver.
I also take NAC everyday.

Started taking it a couple of months ago.

I've never heard of Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA). Thanks for mentioning it.

I'll check it out.

Old 04-08-2019, 08:15 AM

Alpha Lipoic Acid?
Ok, I came home in time to see Peter Jennings on World News Tonight ABC, what
were the chances ...the last 5 minutes of the show (in the 90s)...he shows clips of MD's in white coats with
timing watches and clip boards...and rats swimming around in barrels.
Rat #1 - given Vit E
Rat #2 - NO Vit E
Rat #3 - Alpha Lipoic Acid, NO Vit E

Rat #3 became like Mighty Mouse!

I could tell you my Mighty Mouse stories...but they're too long. (And my friends'
amazing stories...)
I don't take more than 100 mg, btw.

Old 04-22-2019, 06:31 AM

3,688 posts, read 2,409,630 times
I just bought ALA.

100 gm supp per capsule.

I'll take 2 per day.

I had recent med issues.

Old 04-22-2019, 06:39 AM

"Because alpha-lipoic acid is an unproven treatment, there is no established dose. However, studies have used between 600-1,200 milligrams daily for diabetes and neuropathy; one review concluded that the evidence is convincing for the use of 600 milligrams daily for three weeks on symptoms of diabetic neuropathy."
I had no idea you could take so much...2 friends...light weights in the vitamin department, said they were going to stop, 'they felt weird' taking 200 mg....had reactions. Oh?

I take 100 mg a day...and extra only if I am going out in the evening for stamina.
Just sayin'.

Old 04-22-2019, 11:24 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,113,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
"Because alpha-lipoic acid is an unproven treatment, there is no established dose. However, studies have used between 600-1,200 milligrams daily for diabetes and neuropathy; one review concluded that the evidence is convincing for the use of 600 milligrams daily for three weeks on symptoms of diabetic neuropathy."
I had no idea you could take so much...2 friends...light weights in the vitamin department, said they were going to stop, 'they felt weird' taking 200 mg....had reactions. Oh?

I take 100 mg a day...and extra only if I am going out in the evening for stamina.
Just sayin'.
I take 300 - 600 mg ALA per day, and have for a long time (years). I never have any weird or bad feelings from it, the only thing is it makes pee smelly funny. lol I also take milk thistle almost every day as well as a combo capsule containing berberine and curcumin. All this stuff keeps my liver (and other things) in great health.

Old 04-22-2019, 03:19 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,470,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I take 300 - 600 mg ALA per day, and have for a long time (years). I never have any weird or bad feelings from it, the only thing is it makes pee smelly funny. lol I also take milk thistle almost every day as well as a combo capsule containing berberine and curcumin. All this stuff keeps my liver (and other things) in great health.
I take 600mg ALA a day for years for my neuropathy. Works like a charm. I think that for my condition, 600 would be the minimum. Another one I recently read about for neuropathy is Benfotiamine, a fat-soluble B1 vitamin. In larger doses, it is known to help regenerate and restore nerves. I have yet to try it but it does show promise.

As for the liver, I was also going to mention the NAC. Milk Thistle is another well known one and this product called Himalaya Livercare.

It's been around for decades and is highly regarded.

https://www.amazon.com/Himalaya-Live.../dp/B000H87TIG

Old 04-22-2019, 03:33 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,647,828 times
I had to check to make sure this was in the "Alternative" section before I gave this response. The "regular" section is called "Health and Wellness," but you are forbidden from giving "alternative" (i.e., remedies used for millennia) opinions.

I *think* (cannot substantiate) that I can tell a lot about people from just LOOKING at them . . . I notice the color of the skin (pallor or red or whatever), the condition of the hair and skin, the eyes, and lots of other things . . . it would be fun to do a test write-up of people just based on looks and then see if it could be validated.

There is also a psychological thing I can see which is called a "mask" - a certain way some people look who are dishonest and living false lives. When I see it, I have to control myself NOT to mention it, because it's really startling (and interesting) and I want to ask lots of questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine