Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 11:12 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times

Advertisements

This is nothing new, but getting worse. More and more are seeking other alternatives.

https://drsircus.com/general/somethi...9bc7d-11374421
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2019, 03:45 PM

Just looking at this link again and the first thing that hits one is the picture of the "doctor" almost on the floor with her hands in her face, this reminds me of when I was in hospital/rehabs and NOT getting better, my MD one evening was talking to me and slide down the wall and started crying as they could not find what was going on....finally an MRI told them, 2.5 months later. If only they had done that test early on.

Old 01-29-2019, 11:03 AM

3,124 posts, read 2,069,617 times
Default US medical schools have been adding traditional medicine back in curriculum

Modern medicine is just beginning to realize its failings, especially in prevention and maintenance of chronic illnesses.

This 2015 NIH article states that 50.8% of American medical schools had added courses in traditional medicines, like herbal medicine, back into the curriculum. Reports since 2015 indicate that the number of schools and courses have increased.
An analysis of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) in US medical school curriculum was undertaken. Websites for 130 US medical schools were systematically analyzed for course listings and content. Half of the schools (50.8%) offered at least one CAM course or clerkship. A total of 127 different course listings were identified, embracing a range of topics and methods of instruction. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...7/#!po=2.63158

Herbal medicine was removed from American medical schools in the early 20th century, unlike in France, Italy and Germany.
In the early 20th century, the Flexner Report identified inconsistencies in medical education among US medical schools. The findings of this report set the stage for standardization of conventional medical education …

That^ is when the indoctrination began - teaching to accept a set of beliefs uncritically.

I agree with the following:

Conventional medicine is beyond frustrating. It is broken and in urgent need of repair. You cannot depend on anyone but yourself when making medical decisions. It is better to become an educated patient rather than solely relying on the health care provider.

That is one reason I started a thread some time ago about reference books and resources. Unless one has 30+ years for modern medicine to get back up to speed.

The OP article conclusion mentions aspirin and its side effects. I think aspirin was the first synthetic drug. It's the synthetic version of a compound from the Meadowsweet plant. The plant contains additional compounds that coat and protect the stomach lining and digestive tract unlike the synthetic version. This is the difference between whole plant remedies and a drug synthetically reproduced from one or two compounds in a plant.

If one needs an aspirin, try the Meadowsweet plant instead; a preparation in which a quality whole plant was used such as tea, extract or tincture, or an ointment made with it if used topically.

Plants have thousands of compounds that haven't been identified yet, and researchers are beginning to realize that they serve a purpose.

From another article:

Moreover, most of the present day's drug discoveries have been increasingly adopting traditional medicine based approaches to increase results and to address safety concerns. Thus, Clinical Pharmacognosy, Analytical Pharmacognosy and Industrial Pharmacognosy have been established as the specialized and professional offshoots of Pharmacognosy to meet the contemporary advancements in the field of Pharmacognosy.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...481?via%3Dihub

Last edited by SimplySagacious; 01-29-2019 at 12:05 PM..

Old 02-09-2019, 02:30 PM

233 posts, read 155,488 times
I call them quacks....good for trauma, high blood pressure, diabetes, broken bones, not normal aches n pains. I do it myself never relied on a quack, they know dangerous drugs not health. Didn't you ever hear of the guy who just got a clean bill of health from a doc then dropped dead in the hallway ?

I dunno how often that really happens, but it points to how I feel overall about their methods/treatments. AND I find it mighty suspicious that I don't know of any who will reco vitamins and minerals, and we need them
and the western diet falls way short of being adequate [ westonaprice.org/wp-content/uploads/MainBrochure.pdf ] simply copy/paste into browser and go...download and read......

I've been taking Bioplasma since last jun 2018 and I have no arthritis, back pain and I'm more flexible than can remember, and my eyesight is improving. I believe I'm making up for the western diet, a bit late and I was taking vitamins and minerals, but didn't know how short I was falling then but sure do now.

I learned a few things since getting a stroke 11/2017, that liposomal colostrum is a fabulous healer, was taking it to heal the stroke but had extractions at the same time, my Holistic dentist was just amazed at how well I was healing, about as amazed as I was about the pain-meds she gave me for the extractions, not groggy, felt normal, and no pain at all. And I've gone to a regular dentist before so I know the difference.

AND instead of taking blood thinners, I took EDTA iv, then capsules, and it cleaned out my clogged up veins just fine. It was invented by the Germans in the 30's and is quite effective, cheap and no stinkin side effects.

Hope someone will benefit from my experiences......

Old 02-09-2019, 02:40 PM

They're mostly about the money. making money off treatments not cures...no such thing, just pretending hope for spare change from the uninformed. just wait til you read the brochure from weston a price...it'll hit ya over the head with a cold shot of reality.....

Old 02-12-2019, 12:39 PM

10,559 posts, read 7,758,541 times
Lots of problems for sure. A big one is loading down folks with multiple prescriptions. Look at this!

"Hello (Insert doctor's name here),

It is essential for our patients that we are able to recognise when they may be having an adverse reaction to their medications and to be able to recommend an appropriate follow-up. This is a critical skill that we’re often not up to date with may be a significant cause of your patient’s poor health and also their nonresponse to treatment.

The risks for adverse drug reactions are increasing sharply. For our patients' wellbeing, we need to be skilled and vigilant at recognising these. The number of people taking medications and also the number of medications that they are taking is increasing. The percentage of people over 65 taking at least five medications was 17% in 1997. In 2012 this had risen to over 60% and is likely to be higher still now. One-quarter of these people take at least 10 medications! And it is not just the elderly. Medication use is increasing in all age ranges which heightens the risk of adverse responses."

Old 02-12-2019, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Cleric View Post
Lots of problems for sure. A big one is loading down folks with multiple prescriptions. Look at this!

"Hello (Insert doctor's name here),

It is essential for our patients that we are able to recognise when they may be having an adverse reaction to their medications and to be able to recommend an appropriate follow-up. This is a critical skill that we’re often not up to date with may be a significant cause of your patient’s poor health and also their nonresponse to treatment.

The risks for adverse drug reactions are increasing sharply. For our patients' wellbeing, we need to be skilled and vigilant at recognising these. The number of people taking medications and also the number of medications that they are taking is increasing. The percentage of people over 65 taking at least five medications was 17% in 1997. In 2012 this had risen to over 60% and is likely to be higher still now. One-quarter of these people take at least 10 medications! And it is not just the elderly. Medication use is increasing in all age ranges which heightens the risk of adverse responses."
And I see the increases in medication use as the increase in dementia and alzheimers...then slap on more drugs for these horrid issues.

I've talked about what I believe is keeping my mind healthy at this 8+ decade in my life.

Old 02-13-2019, 06:28 AM

jaminhealth

Ever heard of MMS or CDS ?. You likely have and just dismissed it. It's pretty awesome stuff, I went to the seminar in AR to learn all about it, in the spring of 2017.

then in late fall that same year I had a stroke, based on your age, it would be a big paradigm shift for you but it may be useful as well. Only you'd know AND if that's something you wished to try/know of further.

You've already been on the medical merry-go-round and know some of the problems. And it takes lots of digging to put the enormous puzzle together...way more complicated than the simplistic game show puzzle, 'concentration" from years ago.

Jonathon the son of Mark, the guy giving the seminar, who was there, testified he beat MRSA with MMS. That's quite a feat.

But that's about treating, and [ westonaprice.org/wp-content/uploads/MainBrochure.pdf ] simply copy/paste into browser and read. is about staying healthy. the author proved it to me, but maybe not to you.

But nutrition is wayyyyy more important than we think, and so are the oils butters and minerals. Vitamins and minerals are never reco'd by the quacks. They got skills alright, but also got a racket as well.

We've been conned out of our common sense, the oils and butters we used to use, were the best out there and still are but have been successfully demonized, and we just believed the lies, just as many still believe them and the quacks and many are in the grave, their reward for believing the bad guy.

Last edited by kennywally51; 02-13-2019 at 07:16 AM..

Old 02-13-2019, 08:54 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,698,423 times
Allopathic quack medicine based on useless but profitable and endless drugs and surgeries.

Old 02-13-2019, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennywally51 View Post
jaminhealth

Ever heard of MMS or CDS ?. You likely have and just dismissed it. It's pretty awesome stuff, I went to the seminar in AR to learn all about it, in the spring of 2017.

then in late fall that same year I had a stroke, based on your age, it would be a big paradigm shift for you but it may be useful as well. Only you'd know AND if that's something you wished to try/know of further.

You've already been on the medical merry-go-round and know some of the problems. And it takes lots of digging to put the enormous puzzle together...way more complicated than the simplistic game show puzzle, 'concentration" from years ago.

Jonathon the son of Mark, the guy giving the seminar, who was there, testified he beat MRSA with MMS. That's quite a feat.

But that's about treating, and [ westonaprice.org/wp-content/uploads/MainBrochure.pdf ] simply copy/paste into browser and read. is about staying healthy. the author proved it to me, but maybe not to you.

But nutrition is wayyyyy more important than we think, and so are the oils butters and minerals. Vitamins and minerals are never reco'd by the quacks. They got skills alright, but also got a racket as well.

We've been conned out of our common sense, the oils and butters we used to use, were the best out there and still are but have been successfully demonized, and we just believed the lies, just as many still believe them and the quacks and many are in the grave, their reward for believing the bad guy.
I've been directed to MMS a lot thru another health group I'm a member and have done research etc but can't seem to go there for me. Some swear by it but I swear about my Grape Seed Extract and what it's done for me for a couple decades.

So much of my issues are structural from OA and surgery damage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine