Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 01:39 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,725,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
I don't eat any of that stuff and haven't for years, and guess what, I still have high blood pressure.

Weight under control?? Yes, 110 pounds, still have high blood pressure. Exercise?? Yes, quite a bit, am fit and strong, still have high blood pressure.
Well maybe that's just your body system. Mine was 130/80 years ago when I was about 40 and here at almost 81, I came in FIRST TIME with 130/80 at doc's office. I'm happy with my reading and that it didn't come in really high the first time PA tested. Could be too for me, taking the Mukta Vita every day now and Hawthorne for Heart could be giving me a good reading the first time. Whatever is working I'm a happy person with my readings.

When you say high, what is your high number? Maybe you exercise too much. Mine was always higher years ago while working at the gym.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2019, 01:46 PM

30,348 posts, read 19,122,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I was impressed with comments from a member yesterday in a recent post now on blood pressure issues. Thinking if I had been more aware of this years ago, good chance I would NOT be taking blood pressure drugs. I liked my refined sugars and carbs years ago and for many years and finally "got it" in the last couple yrs. Get off the stuff: breads, pasta, rice, cookies, bagels, muffins etc etc etc....I'm doing good now and will eat some man made carb foods but not frequent. Eliminated bringing breads into my house for the last 10 yrs already. Have done this to keep weight more under control.

https://chriskresser.com/6-ways-to-l...ing-your-diet/
I do all 6 of those in conjunction with The Plant Paradox diet...my BP is 110/65 and I take no meds.

Old 03-05-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I do all 6 of those in conjunction with The Plant Paradox diet...my BP is 110/65 and I take no meds.
That's great, wonder if you are one of the older or younger members here. With age arteries do narrow, but with good tips like the link, maybe not. We are a sugar and carb addicted society.

Old 03-05-2019, 04:48 PM

233 posts, read 155,167 times
Default Narrow arteries

Quote:
That's great, wonder if you are one of the older or younger members here. With age arteries do narrow, but with good tips like the link, maybe not. We are a sugar and carb addicted society.

There is a remedy for the narrowing of the arteries, it was one of the issues I addressed as my MRI showed, my circulation was only 61% , and that never got addressed by the VA hospital either, but by a retired holistic dentist friend and she brought me to a doctors office to have EDTA therapy done,

It's a chemical peel of the inside of the veins, developed in Germany in the 30's, doctors used to do, and this practice got dropped in favor or the more expensive blood thinners. I did the IV therapy for a while then took the pills and they both worked and there was no side effects either.

And as a stroke victim, I wasn't feeling much like a man, and the 61% circulation was the why behind it all.
Amazon sells the pills as well, tho I only needed what they sold me, which did turn my pee to look a bit like tang for a bit, as the gunk got stripped out and slowly I began to feel like a man once again. And then I just knew when I could stop taking it. It was self evident.

That's my experience.

Old 03-05-2019, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennywally51 View Post
There is a remedy for the narrowing of the arteries, it was one of the issues I addressed as my MRI showed, my circulation was only 61% , and that never got addressed by the VA hospital either, but by a retired holistic dentist friend and she brought me to a doctors office to have EDTA therapy done,

It's a chemical peel of the inside of the veins, developed in Germany in the 30's, doctors used to do, and this practice got dropped in favor or the more expensive blood thinners. I did the IV therapy for a while then took the pills and they both worked and there was no side effects either.

And as a stroke victim, I wasn't feeling much like a man, and the 61% circulation was the why behind it all.
Amazon sells the pills as well, tho I only needed what they sold me, which did turn my pee to look a bit like tang for a bit, as the gunk got stripped out and slowly I began to feel like a man once again. And then I just knew when I could stop taking it. It was self evident.

That's my experience.

I just checked and iherb has some good EDTA products but for me I've been taking grape seed ex for decades and this antioxidant thins and cleans our blood. I just used my pendulum and RoseAnn says, no my arteries have not narrowed, but I'll keep that in mind. Others may consider a course of EDTA. I still have a vitality but no interest in the opposite sex anymore.

Old 03-06-2019, 07:30 AM

30,348 posts, read 19,122,995 times
Quote:
Just over 60...my BP was much higher when I was addicted to sugar and carbs but I changed my diet and now my BP, blood sugar, weight, etc. are about perfect.

Old 03-06-2019, 09:55 AM

2,565 posts, read 1,640,161 times
^^ I am hoping mine will normalize by doing the same. I am cutting out coffee cause I don't like it without sugar. So, back to unsweetened green or hibiscus tea in the a.m. Thankfully during the day I just drink water, no soda nor alcohol, so at least I don't have to give those up.

Old 03-06-2019, 10:13 AM

48,513 posts, read 34,800,001 times
I'm just happy mine is still in the 120s / 70s with no meds.

Such a huge change from the 199/114.

I eat grains, limited sugar, and exercise a lot and strenuously.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-06-2019, 11:00 AM

2,565 posts, read 1,640,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I'm just happy mine is still in the 120s / 70s with no meds.

Such a huge change from the 199/114.

I eat grains, limited sugar, and exercise a lot and strenuously.

Yours used to be that high? How long did it take for it to come down?

Old 03-06-2019, 11:19 AM

48,513 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
Yours used to be that high? How long did it take for it to come down?
It only came down with medicine. I was on it for like 10 years. Just in the last year it came down on it's own. It's weird, as my lifestyle didn't change a lot, just an increase in exercise is the leading suspicion.

My diet has always been good, I've always exercised, my weight has always been within healthy parameters... My body has been known to do things the doctors can't figure out.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine