Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2019, 10:45 AM

233 posts, read 155,218 times

Advertisements

Truly for your health, just things I picked up from nutritionist friends

AVOID commercial eggs-cage free are fine, and are delicious too.

AVOID refined oils, anything deep fried uses refined oils, not healthy to consume at all.

AVOID sugar, it's a sweet tasting slow acting poison that clogs up your veins over time.

AVOID flour products, the wheat has been compromised from a reliable staple and is now sprayed with glyphosate in the field as part of the harvesting. Look up glyphosate issues with world health, and other places, do your due diligence and learn.

AVOID milk, str8 from the cow is fine, but once processed it is to be avoided. rice milk, goat milk,
coconut milk, are all fine BUT not soy, it's a known hormone disrupter.

Eat healthy stay healthy......

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2019, 03:18 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times
Sounds right on to me, thanks.

Old 03-07-2019, 08:50 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,565,066 times
I stay away from gluten and sugar (except for the natural sugar in fruit). Never felt better!

Old 03-07-2019, 08:59 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,662,436 times
You can get milk that's hormone free though. It has to be pasteurized. I can't drink milk due to allergy but I used to love it and still would drink it (minus hormones) if I could.

We have found really good milk from a historic farm and it was still sold in glass bottles. Heard it tasted really good, just like milk used to taste. No plastic flavor, just nice and clean tasting.

Old 03-08-2019, 01:29 PM

233 posts, read 155,218 times
Default milk

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
You can get milk that's hormone free though. It has to be pasteurized. I can't drink milk due to allergy but I used to love it and still would drink it (minus hormones) if I could.

We have found really good milk from a historic farm and it was still sold in glass bottles. Heard it tasted really good, just like milk used to taste. No plastic flavor, just nice and clean tasting.

Originally I was concerned about the hormones, but not milk dot com told the rest of the story which you may or may not care about.

It's the processing that F's it up

Old 03-08-2019, 01:58 PM

3,121 posts, read 2,064,662 times
Processing messes up a lot of foods.

Like seed oils - grapeseed, canola, sunflower, sesame and anything labeled "vegetable oil" which is usually cottonseed oil.

If you have to use oils, stick with verifiable cold-pressed olive and coconut oils. You can use the others on your skin and other uses, but avoid cooking with them or otherwise ingesting them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine