Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2019, 10:52 AM

6,224 posts, read 6,547,435 times

Advertisements

Using French Maritime Pine Bark (I think from France only?) at standardized OPC of 85-90% & combine w/ Gota Kola daily seem to benefit up to clearing arteries to 95% clear. I saw this last nite yet can't find it today.

It may have been on the World Longevity Organization or the Anti Aging Academy but cannot find it. Anyone link this study? Great info if so. Very pricey is standardized French Maritme Bark (unsure if Pycnogenol is the same? anyone know??) so if anyone can summate this better than I, please do.

Ok, I'll await anyone's input. TY!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2019, 11:12 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
Using French Maritime Pine Bark (I think from France only?) at standardized OPC of 85-90% & combine w/ Gota Kola daily seem to benefit up to clearing arteries to 95% clear. I saw this last nite yet can't find it today.

It may have been on the World Longevity Organization or the Anti Aging Academy but cannot find it. Anyone link this study? Great info if so. Very pricey is standardized French Maritme Bark (unsure if Pycnogenol is the same? anyone know??) so if anyone can summate this better than I, please do.

OP: I've used Pycnogenol for years and believe my arteries are nice and clear and I'm much older. Now this is an Alt Med topic, so we could be stopped here, do you want to move to Alt Med...just sayin. I have source for me that is affordable, yes Pycnogenol is pricey, but grape seed ex it's great child is very affordable and does the same as I know. Back when I found Pyc in 1995, I took it for a year straight and it was $40/month....worth every penny for my health and what I've learned....

I've been using and studying these antioxidants so long and can say in a few words, they clean and thin the blood.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 03-08-2019 at 11:45 AM..

Old 03-09-2019, 07:49 AM

233 posts, read 152,992 times
Default roto-rooting out the veins

Quote:

Never heard of that one, and altho I object to chemicals, cuz most have unwanted side effects, some do not, and I had EDTA therapy, iv and pill form, developed in the 30's by the germans and was no side effects either, the doctors dropped it in favor of the more lucrative blood thinners, but I had it and it does work.

Thx for the heads up.

Old 03-10-2019, 08:21 PM

36,972 posts, read 40,966,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennywally51 View Post
Never heard of that one, and altho I object to chemicals, cuz most have unwanted side effects, some do not, and I had EDTA therapy, iv and pill form, developed in the 30's by the germans and was no side effects either, the doctors dropped it in favor of the more lucrative blood thinners, but I had it and it does work.

Thx for the heads up.

Mod note--Re: chemicals. I've been deleting posts that say, "everything is a chemical" because we all know that. It's understood that in alt.med. they mean TOXIC chemicals. If you want to list side effects, fair enough.

EDTA is a chemical, and it is not without side effects.

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-s...es-and-risks#1

Last edited by in_newengland; 03-10-2019 at 09:47 PM..

Old 03-11-2019, 04:07 AM

1,813 posts, read 4,198,063 times
https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/10.1089/rej.2018.2095
Pleiotropic Effects of French Maritime Pine Bark Extract to Promote Healthy Aging, Peter Rohdewald
Published Online:12 Dec 2018 https://doi.org/10.1089/rej.2018.2095

Old 03-11-2019, 06:55 AM

TY, Lily.

If anyone can link it for me; the actual published study is dated from Feb. 25, 2019 on website: WorldHealth.net

Thanks.

Old 03-11-2019, 08:08 AM

3,095 posts, read 2,033,907 times
Personally, I wouldn't take it unless I had heart disease. I try to be kind to my kidneys.

Just be careful taking it unsupervised with meds or other supps. Some you wouldn't suspect. Like vitamin C. Taking an OPC and a vitamin C supp will cause high blood pressure if you have a history of high BP.

Old 03-11-2019, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
Personally, I wouldn't take it unless I had heart disease. I try to be kind to my kidneys.

Just be careful taking it unsupervised with meds or other supps. Some you wouldn't suspect. Like vitamin C. Taking an OPC and a vitamin C supp will cause high blood pressure if you have a history of high BP.
I was going to use it only for preventative.

Since the study just came out (the one I saw from Feb '19) & I haven't seen my cardio doc since last yr (go yrly to prevent issues as dad had heart failure yrs ago so I am Type A worried that it is in fam hist) was going to add this to my daily regimen.

My cardio doc tho is NOT big on supplements OR meds as he prefers more natural ways & often cites herbs/vitamins as the "new hyped" item for cardiovascular. I bet he'll debunk this use of mine due to that reason. Also, he is right re we need decrease NOT increase supps as we age. Too many take uneeded & poss dangerous items &, if nothing else, waste $ using them. So in worse case we ADD to our probs & best case we just lose $.

Ok, this confuses even me as I never really know if/what anything is doing -- even if I do use it.

Old 03-11-2019, 09:34 AM

3,095 posts, read 2,033,907 times
Quote:
I was going to use it only for preventative.

Since the study just came out (the one I saw from Feb '19) & I haven't seen my cardio doc since last yr (go yrly to prevent issues as dad had heart failure yrs ago so I am Type A worried that it is in fam hist) was going to add this to my daily regimen.

My cardio doc tho is NOT big on supplements OR meds as he prefers more natural ways & often cites herbs/vitamins as the "new hyped" item for cardiovascular. I bet he'll debunk this use of mine due to that reason. Also, he is right re we need decrease NOT increase supps as we age. Too many take uneeded & poss dangerous items &, if nothing else, waste $ using them. So in worse case we ADD to our probs & best case we just lose $.

Ok, this confuses even me as I never really know if/what anything is doing -- even if I do use it.

It's good that he prefers the natural ways of diet and activity. Is he guiding you on diet or leaving you to your own devices?

You could print the study to take on your next visit and ask him about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine