U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2019, 03:03 PM

3,858 posts, read 3,972,880 times

Advertisements

Anyone try it? Heard of it yrs ago. I eat beets & cabbage alot but I know distilled water can leech minerals out of you. Ok, just wondering if anyone has heard/tried it?

It seems good for post-workout use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2019, 03:54 PM

5,876 posts, read 2,303,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
Anyone try it? Heard of it yrs ago. I eat beets & cabbage alot but I know distilled water can leech minerals out of you. Ok, just wondering if anyone has heard/tried it?
You would need to drink gallons of distilled water every day to end up with much adverse effect. All the other things you eat or drink would still provide the substances (minerals etc) the distilled water lacks.

Old 03-12-2019, 04:04 PM

1,812 posts, read 882,870 times
I've never heard of it, but my husband eats a lot of cabbage and a lot of beets (doesn't drink distilled water though), and he has horrid joint pain. It's hard to believe that adding distilled water to his beets and cabbage would have much effect on joint pain.

Also, ditto to what Parnassia said about distilled water.

Old 03-12-2019, 07:14 PM

29,991 posts, read 18,986,270 times
tried beets, cabbage and distilled h2o for or against joint pain?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 03-13-2019, 02:26 AM

1,366 posts, read 1,175,130 times
Quote:

It seems good for post-workout use.
Can't hurt you.

Old 03-13-2019, 02:47 AM

15,137 posts, read 12,146,779 times
Not sure but but beetroot juiced is very good for you...Nutritional benefits of beets: Beets are high in immune-boosting vitamin C, fiber, and essential minerals like potassium (essential for healthy nerve and muscle function) and manganese (which is good for your bones, liver, kidneys, and pancreas). Beets also contain the B vitamin folate, which helps reduce the risk of birth defects. They’re great for the liver, as they stimulate the liver’s detoxifying processes. The pigment (betacyanin) in beets is a powerful anti-cancer fighting agent and that paired with the high fiber content of beets help protect against colon cancer. They’re also rich in carotenoids, which may help boot brain functioning and stave off depression.

Old 03-13-2019, 09:23 AM

1,615 posts, read 769,974 times
Quote:

Eating a lot of beets is most likely contributing to your joint pain since they are rather high in simple sugars and carbs. Simple sugars and simple carbs are inflammatory which cause pain. As for cruciferous vegetables, you would get more anti-inflammatory action from broccoli, brussel sprouts and a few other dark green vegetables. Other inflammatory foods are dairy/dairy by-products, red meat, refined grains, any refined foods and drinks. Fruits and some vegetables are high in fructose and other simple sugars; eating too many means inflammation.

Anti-inflammatory foods to help with joint pain and overall health: cold water fish like salmon, sardines, trout, tuna. Try a varied, lower glycemic diet. Look up the glycemic index to help you form a good, anti-inflammatory diet with foods you like.

Old 03-14-2019, 03:37 PM

11,849 posts, read 5,640,476 times
I avoid beet roots because it can inhibit the absorption of calcium. But I’m adding it back for high blood pressure. Same with anything with oxalic acid like spinach, rhubarb, strawberry, etc..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine