Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 12:50 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,842,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I certainly appreciate these stories and lately AGAIN I've been on a pretzel jag and these are high carbs.....gotta GET OFF and stay off for a good while.

I have not brought a bag of potato chips in my house for months so that is good, but here I am with the pretzels....too much time on my hands for sure. j
It is so sad that sugar isn't a nourishing nutrient for the body. Why does it have to taste so good?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2019, 01:40 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
It is so sad that sugar isn't a nourishing nutrient for the body. Why does it have to taste so good?
You've heard it said, every thing that tastes so good is bad for us. There is a lot of truth to us. I don't question why I just wish I had known all this info much earlier and was of strong constitution to stay off a lot of the stuff.

And then has been so much written over many years on "foods that heal and foods that kill"...

Last edited by jaminhealth; 03-23-2019 at 01:56 PM..

Old 03-25-2019, 08:01 AM

885 posts, read 1,166,274 times
I agree with the diet info....already on a gluten and dairy free, low oxalate, low to no sugar, organic, high fish/ seafood (3-5 times a week), Paleo style diet. No processed/ fast food. Drink only coffee, tea, or water. We shop in a large health food supermarket 50 miles from us.

Also cut out toxins as much as possible. Got rid of plastics (no Tupperware, etc) buy food in glass instead of plastic. Laundry don't with soaps , not detergents. Clean with natural or organic cleaning products, etc.

I take 30 pills a day- vitamins (about 9 different kinds) and baby aspirin (Dr ordered). I also take CBD oil twice daily.

These do help. Still have some pain.

Few times I cheated with diet and boy! can I feel the difference.

Keep the ideas coming. Thanks.

Old 03-25-2019, 08:40 AM

3,372 posts, read 1,565,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrykaren View Post

Again any natural ideas?

Thanks.

1. Turmeric with black pepper

2. Highly quality MSM supplement

3. Collagen

4. High quality krill oil

5. Check out a good quality inversion table if high blood pressure is not an issue.......

Old 03-25-2019, 11:02 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times
Getting to a pretty manageable pain sounds good to me. To be completely free as one ages, don't know about that. I just got an email from a friend this morning and she noticed that when she ate hardly any carbs yesterday and a slice of steak with some melted cheese she had hardly any pain.

I've got to work toward that, I am not perfect but a lot better than I was years ago. I deal with damage from surgeries and that's big in my body.

Old 03-25-2019, 11:05 AM

3,121 posts, read 2,064,662 times
Quote:
I agree with the diet info....already on a gluten and dairy free, low oxalate, low to no sugar, organic, high fish/ seafood (3-5 times a week), Paleo style diet. No processed/ fast food. Drink only coffee, tea, or water.

This sounds good. You could try experimenting with changing up the ratio of your foods to see if it improves. Sometimes that is all it takes.

Other suggestions -

*If your seafood includes shellfish, I would eliminate them for a few weeks to see if it improves. Stick with salmon, sardines, mackerel, herring and tuna. Verify that all are wild caught only, no farmed fish.

*Evaluate your diet for omega 6 and reduce if necessary. Your omega 3 (fish) to omega 6 ratio could be off. The main omega 6 sources in American diets are oils - corn, soy, olive, grapeseed, sunflower, peanut, vegetable, cottonseed, canola and other seed oils.

*You are not consuming any gluten-free processed foods or refined flours either, right? Paleo style - does this mean no grains at all? No beans or legumes either? If you are consuming any of those, try eliminating them, one at a time, for a few weeks.

*Evaluate your diet for starches. Moderate to high starch can cause inflammation.

*Use the glycemic index to see if your diet is high glycemic and adjust if necessary.

*Maybe your doctor can recommend exercises to strengthen your back to help take pressure off of your spine.

*There are many herbs you could try for pain and inflammation - taken internally, used topically, and used in your foods - but they won't be as effective as they could be if anything in your diet is inflammatory to you.

Old 03-28-2019, 04:23 PM

233 posts, read 155,218 times
Default Arthritis

Quote:
Two questions:

I'm 66 and I have spinal arthritis pain in upper back, right between my shoulder blades. Over the years, I've had the cortisone shots, and just finishing with a chiropractor, had physical therapy, and acupuncture, taking CBD oil, cut out gluten and dairy, etc. Dr took x-rays and said it was arthritis. The ideas above where the doctor's suggestions. But it still hurts, a lot!!

Any other suggestion? Maybe a natural relief idea of some kind. I don't want to keep taking pills- even Tylenol or aspirin- for the rest of my life.

Also I need something for my right knee. Again I went to 2 doctors and had the cortisone shots in the knee about 2 years ago. The orthopedist said I will need a knee replacement eventually.

Again any natural ideas?

Thanks.

I avoid them folk like I avoid aids, herpes and vd......

ANYWAYS safe to presume you have not read the borax conspiracy by educate-yourself.. It's a must read but the long and short of it is, there is not much borax in the food and we need it badly for the bones/teeth, and just prior to reading that I was taking Bioplasma and have no arthritis and I'm more flexible than ever, after taking it for a cpl months or so...I added borax 1tsp of powder to gallon of unsweetened tea, for bone health and I'm scheduled for a checkup in two weeks for my teeth.

But I trust the source....I'm 67

Old 03-29-2019, 11:40 AM

8,620 posts, read 5,646,935 times
If you want to PM me, I have some ideas that could help you.

Old 03-29-2019, 11:45 AM

1,413 posts, read 1,290,658 times
I really question if CBD oil without any THC does anything. There is unfortunately not a lot of good science out there regarding what it may or may not do. I live in a legal state and can tell you that the real stuff sure does alleviate aches and pains as well as completely relax me. If you live somewhere it is legal that is what I would recommend...

Old 03-29-2019, 03:30 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,662,436 times
For diet, have you tried eliminating the nightshade family of vegetables? That's potatoes, tomatoes, eggplant, and peppers. Lots of times it completely cures rheumatoid arthritis. And a relative of mine figured out for himself that it was citrus products for him. He had moved to Florida and was so happy to have an orange tree in his yard! But he got RA after they moved there. After that he would still give us beautiful fresh orange juice, but he never touched the stuff himself. Diet is so important.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine