U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2019, 03:32 PM

2 posts, read 345 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,
I am new here. I was sitting here going crazy (as usual) from my psoriasis, and decided to Google "Psoriasis is driving me crazy", and it took me to this site, LOL!! As we all know, however, there's nothing funny about psoriasis. For the past 2 years I've had issues with whole-body rashes that seem to pop up out of nowhere. After my last outbreak, I ended up with a really severe case of psoriasis on my calves/feet. I've tried sooooo many products....spending money like crazy...but nothing has helped!! This itching truly IS driving me crazy. My legs either itch insanely bad or else they ache to the point of causing me to cry, and I'm not "a cryer" by nature. Anyway.... I'm wondering if anyone has tried Lugols Iodine? I've read other peoples' testimonials, and many people have had excellent results from using it. Also... Has anyone heard of "The Root Cause Protocol"? If you're interested, I can share the link with you. It was created by a doctor who studied immune disorders and their causes for years, and finally came up with a handful of natural products to help heal the actual cells in the body, thereby healing the immune system and the disorders that can arise from it. At any rate, one of the items this doctor said was needed was iodine drops. (Also trace minerals, bee pollen, and so on and so forth. Alrighty then...thanks in advance for any advice anyone can offer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2019, 04:22 PM

23,101 posts, read 8,021,754 times
OP: I don't deal with psoriasis but have been dosing with Iosol iodine for years. When I first started on this mineral, it's said all our body tissues NEED iodine. I take it for that reason and breast health. If I had psoriasis I would certainly give it a good try. I take 1 drop of Iosol daily in clean water and that's just under 2mg. As info reads, flushes out toxins in the body.

And if you drink and bath in fluoridated water, that could be an issue with your body and allergy and the issue you deal with. There is a lot of info to absorb on this issue.

Certainly no doctor here, but there is so much help we can find online and then go to work for ourselves. Hopefully others will shed light on what they do for the psoriasis they deal with. It's certainly coming from inside.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 05-22-2019 at 04:32 PM..

Old 05-22-2019, 07:09 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
29,497 posts, read 54,024,934 times
I tried several prescription medications that cost $300+ copay and close to $1,000 total. None worked, but a new doctor found me a reasonably priced product called Clobetasol Propionate. That cleared it up and it has not returned in about 6 months now.

Old 05-26-2019, 03:43 PM

23,101 posts, read 8,021,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaMalpractice View Post
Iodine is contraindicated for people with Hashimoto's autoimmune hypothyroidism. The iodine in iodized table salt is more than enough.

Shrimp, cod, tuna, seaweed, lima beans and prunes have natural iodine.
I don't use white table salt for my reasons. But I do take 1 drop of Iosol daily for my iodine needs. I was told probably 20 yrs ago I had higher TPO's (Hashi) but don't believe I do now. I've been taking desiccated thyroid support for 17 yrs.

Old 05-26-2019, 07:24 PM

850 posts, read 171,209 times
I eat a lot of clean-sourced seaweed to get natural iodine. I feel like this is an easy way for the body to absorb it.

Old 05-27-2019, 05:40 AM

1,126 posts, read 610,679 times
I love seaweed and feel it's the best way to get iodine (and other thyroid-supportive minerals like selenium and manganese). I like the seaweed snacks like GimMe ($2 at Target) or Chomperz ($4 at Whole Foods). I've also used Iosol or Atomidine as supplements.

For a skin condition, in addition to ingesting iodine, I'd try painting the iodine directly on the affected area. I'd start with a small patch, paint on iodine, and cover well with bandage/tape (iodine will stain clothing badly).

I had a skin lesion for years. I tried painting it with iodine for several days. It became crusty and I was able to flake it off with me finger. But then it grew back. So the topical iodine did something but not enough.

Some time later I began taking Atomidine, starting with 1 drop (600 mcg) and raising to 5 drops (3.0 mg). After 9 months the lesion flaked off all on its own and hasn't grown back.

Old Today, 07:44 AM

118 posts, read 23,883 times
Default Iodine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanBGood View Post
Hello Everyone,
I am new here. I was sitting here going crazy (as usual) from my psoriasis, and decided to Google "Psoriasis is driving me crazy", and it took me to this site, LOL!! As we all know, however, there's nothing funny about psoriasis. For the past 2 years I've had issues with whole-body rashes that seem to pop up out of nowhere. After my last outbreak, I ended up with a really severe case of psoriasis on my calves/feet. I've tried sooooo many products....spending money like crazy...but nothing has helped!! This itching truly IS driving me crazy. My legs either itch insanely bad or else they ache to the point of causing me to cry, and I'm not "a cryer" by nature. Anyway.... I'm wondering if anyone has tried Lugols Iodine? I've read other peoples' testimonials, and many people have had excellent results from using it. Also... Has anyone heard of "The Root Cause Protocol"? If you're interested, I can share the link with you. It was created by a doctor who studied immune disorders and their causes for years, and finally came up with a handful of natural products to help heal the actual cells in the body, thereby healing the immune system and the disorders that can arise from it. At any rate, one of the items this doctor said was needed was iodine drops. (Also trace minerals, bee pollen, and so on and so forth. Alrighty then...thanks in advance for any advice anyone can offer!

Yep, from what I recently learned, Adrenals, breasts, ovaries, cycle are all effected by iodine...I get it thru KELP tablets.

I had a stroke 11-2017, and so with the help of some awesome recos, from a retired holistic dentist friend,
I've taken homeopathy, ayurvedic, and herbal remedies for issues, and got lots of help, thru addressing certain issues mostly dental according to my retired holistic dentist friend, who never worked on my mouth said, she never heard of one stroke victim who did not also have serious dental issues and she was right. She even put iodine in the drinking water in her office. She just knew stuff....

Since the healing began last spring, I've taken for therapy, only having 61% circulation per MRI @ the VA hospital , IV-EDTA therapy, then in capsules, which also worked, Bioplasma AT max label dosage for a long time, now tapered down, Liposomal Colostrum cuz I was a bottle baby and it gave me missing HORMONES

I desperately needed, not only did it assist in healing my extractions, but also gave me a paradigm shift in perspective on the world, I'm the same, but different. Borax about a tsp in a gal of unsweetened tea, improved my "Pockets" at the dentist, I remembered hearing 7,8,9,in the past and now I'm hearing 3,4,5's. I'm also off the hospital BP meds and losing some weight which will help too.

I again drank Aloe for my liver, I did drink in the past but drank some again just as a boost. It's an old Ayurvedic remedy, one can really heal their own liver by drinking Aloe...the Hoo-er's won't like it, so what !? I'm 67, so years of just the chemicals in the air, the antibiotics, various drugs, and alcohol all add up, and the once bitter taste of the Aloe, is no longer bitter, not cuz I got used to it, but because my liver is healthier.....

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine