Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 07:43 AM

9,756 posts, read 7,573,237 times

Advertisements

We've always used George's brand, it does taste like water but feels soothing going down your throat. We tell the grandkids it's magic water. I actually gave it out for Christmas gifts last year along with a handful of other favorite health items. You can buy it on Amazon, easier than driving across town to the health food store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2019, 02:32 PM

220 posts, read 131,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennywally51 View Post
If it tastes that bad, it's a sure sign you need it, yor liver is in need of it, it's not supposed to be like a smoothie, more like medicine.....

I don't have liver problems, just throat problems.

Old 06-19-2019, 07:35 PM

233 posts, read 152,992 times
Default Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
I use Alo brand aloe juice. It's a bit pricey but not so much in bulk. It's flavored with a little juice and has aloe pulp in it.

Believe it or not, aloe juice was recommended to me by a surgeon who found and treated my gastric ulcers last year. He recommended it to help with gastric inflammation. I don't know if it helps, but I'm better and the juice goes down easy and tastes ok.

You're cheating yourself by looking for taste. The natural unflavored does you a great service by letting you know the condition of your liver, without all the drama a so-called doctor may provide.

Quite rare for a surgeon to reco it, but to heal ulcers makes sense, I never knew, but am not surprised.
Maybe a tiny bit, but pleased as well....

Old 06-20-2019, 07:46 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,426,499 times
I've just purchased a gallon of George's on Amazon for $23.00, not sure what the recommended serving size is yet, but it should be on the bottle.

Old 06-21-2019, 08:20 AM

14,847 posts, read 11,982,323 times
Quote:
You're cheating yourself by looking for taste. The natural unflavored does you a great service by letting you know the condition of your liver, without all the drama a so-called doctor may provide.

Quite rare for a surgeon to reco it, but to heal ulcers makes sense, I never knew, but am not surprised.
Maybe a tiny bit, but pleased as well....

LOL, I'm going for taste, and my liver is just fine, but thanks anyway. Not sure how ingesting a noxious ( IIRC aloe juice/ gel from the plant is very bitter, I've tried it) would inform one of his/her liver condition. Guess it's some "alternative medicine" mumbo jumbo, LOL.

And I seriously doubt drinking even gallons of unflavored aloe juice would cure bleeding ulcers, but this surgeon ( and not a "so-called" doc, his credentials and experience were impeccable) recommended the aloe juice to help with chronic gastric inflammation.

Whatever it did, I'm better now.

Old 06-21-2019, 09:36 AM

Default Denial

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundog2 View Post
I don't have liver problems, just throat problems.

IS Not just a river in egypt, he don't have to believe me if he don't want to. Rather the Aloe, I'm just a messenger......

Old 06-22-2019, 10:54 AM

48,351 posts, read 34,476,580 times
If it tastes bitter, it probably includes the white bitter layer of the aloe.

When you open a stalk there is the inner layer of gel (which is pretty flavorless) and a thin outer layer of yellow/greenish which is bitter.

I have it in my yard and use it for various things topically, sometimes throw it in a smoothie.

IIRC the bitter layer is unhealthy for dogs.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-22-2019, 01:12 PM

14,847 posts, read 11,982,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
If it tastes bitter, it probably includes the white bitter layer of the aloe.

When you open a stalk there is the inner layer of gel (which is pretty flavorless) and a thin outer layer of yellow/greenish which is bitter.

I have it in my yard and use it for various things topically, sometimes throw it in a smoothie.

IIRC the bitter layer is unhealthy for dogs.
That's very likely what I did when I tasted the gel from an aloe leaf, ie, just scraped all thr gel I could from the leaf, including the thin outer greenish layer.

Old 06-22-2019, 01:37 PM

5,391 posts, read 3,408,473 times
Quote:
It's an old ayurvedic remedy. and it works....my opinion....

Kenny, did you start drinking this before or after your stroke? Just wondering if it's good for that sort of problem?

Old 06-23-2019, 12:19 PM

Default Aloe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Kenny, did you start drinking this before or after your stroke? Just wondering if it's good for that sort of problem?
Mostly before the stroke, tho I have some left and sip a bit now and then. What you may not know, and maybe others, that a stroke is due to poor circulation. My MRI after the VA hospital proved that, it was part of the report the VA generated on my well being,

and tho they never addressed it, my friend, a retired holistic dentist read it and knew the reason I was saying I didn't feel like a man, was due to the pathetic circulation I still had, and she made arrangements for therapy then I took other things as well.

Aloe is not known to roto-root out clogged up veins like I and many other need[ed] and don't know.
Tho it can heal an ailing liver, and apparently an ailing ulcer. But it's magical properties are not well known

by those who depend on drugs and doctors, and rarely if ever, used home remedies. Like great-grandma etc used to use, back in the day. I'll trust them remedies more than the pill pushers drugs. I'm very old school.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine