Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2020, 05:42 PM

14,938 posts, read 12,136,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Eat 2-3 med size cloves of garlic for 3-4 days see what happens!!!
In your morning omelet, with your steak and onions and mushrooms...minced into your hot soup, raw...
be creative.
Let us know. PS LBP folks - don't do this.
IIRC my mother used to tout the wonders of garlic tablets to control her blood pressure. She had, as I recall, about two meds prescribed for high blood pressure, and I think she didn't take them according to the instructions. She'd take the garlic every day, and check her blood pressure, and not take the meds if it was normal, or not too high. Her blood pressure would skyrocket later in the day, and she'd break down and take the meds-not always a full dose. And so on.....

Garlic tablets don't smell as I understand it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2020, 06:03 PM

1,974 posts, read 1,101,065 times
It is the silent killer, good idea to check your blood pressure daily and take your medication till you can get it under control.

Almost everyone will recommend diet (less salt, sugar/bread/pasta, fried foods, more vegatables) and exercise as essential. Try to get your resting sugar around 80ish, 4 hours after eating. Salt is everywhere, especially if you eat out. Personally I recommend taking a Natto supplement from Arthur Andrew Medical or Jarrow, reduce plaque and prevents blood clots(stroke).

Plaque reduction strategies
This 6 year study to reduce plaque progression used time release vitamin C and E(full spectrum is best).

Dr.Budoff has had good success reducing plaque progression with aged garlic and coq10

If you combine the two above with collagen and K2, I think you could reduce the plaque instead of just slow the progression.

Some people offer all in one drinks based on Linus Pauling protocol - Link1.

Vitamin C competes with sugar for insulin, so need to keep your sugar in check for these to work.

Last edited by Rom623; 11-01-2020 at 06:47 PM..

Old 11-01-2020, 06:22 PM

2,151 posts, read 1,354,862 times
Always listen to your doctor.

Additionally, exercise, eating healthy, and stopping the use of antiseptic mouthwashes.

Old 11-01-2020, 06:23 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,578,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindi Waters View Post

Right now my pressure is pretty high. I don't want to take meds because I'm afraid I won't always remember to take them on time, I don't like to be chained to meds, and I've been told that if I stop taking them, my pressure could go higher than it was before.
Sorry, your ideas on this are absolutely absurd and very ill-informed. And very dangerous to your health.
A huge number of people are genetically predisposed to high blood pressure.
Take your meds.

The chances of you being able to lower your blood pressure without meds are very slim.

Why would you want to damage your vital organs including heart, blood vessels, kidneys, eyesight, and brain - damage which high blood pressure causes....and the very real possibility of having a stroke......

Last edited by matisse12; 11-01-2020 at 06:57 PM..

Old 11-01-2020, 06:28 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,469,646 times
yes,garlic not only drive the vampires away,it also will reduce your blood pressure,also chives may do that too.
But beware garlic is anti fungal and also kill bacteria,so it could alter your body flora,if you are a woman,you know what I mean.

Old 11-01-2020, 06:32 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,469,646 times
https://www.ehow.com/facts_7688569_c...parasites.html

Old 11-01-2020, 06:36 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,588,153 times
How high is your bp is the question? If its slightly high diet changes can take care of it. Beets or beet juice can lower it in hours but its not a permanent solution. Water, potassium and magnesium is the key and lower sodium intake. I drastically changed my diet about 5 months ago and my bp went down at least 7+ points. I was always 135/87 roughly now i get down to 120/78.

I eat bananas nearly every day, drink orange juice and cut out caffene and soda nearly completely and i drink a lot of water.

Old 11-01-2020, 07:09 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,957,396 times
If your BP is high (eg 150+/95+) meds are the only way to bring it down. All the diet and lifestyle changes will not have enough effect to get you down under 130/85. The right meds can bring you to 120/80. It can sometimes be a bit of trial and error to get the right meds and the right dose and avoid side effects. We are all different so the same meds work differently on different people.

Old 11-02-2020, 01:23 AM

3,244 posts, read 6,297,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindi Waters View Post
Right now my pressure is pretty high. I don't want to take meds because I'm afraid I won't always remember to take them on time, I don't like to be chained to meds, and I've been told that if I stop taking them, my pressure could go higher than it was before.
Here are some suggestions from a previous post.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/57777073-post6.html

Old 11-02-2020, 10:30 AM

1,974 posts, read 1,101,065 times
If not already taking cod liver oil, I would do 1 teaspoon a day and try to eat salmon once a week.

Some testimonies from the Linus Pauling based formula , check the link for more.

Rajaendra Ramkissoon
Before: Blood pressure 160/110. High cholesterol. Taking Procardia (60 mg) and Altrace (10 mg).

After: Blood pressure 125/84. Cholesterol levels down. Taking Altrace only.

“Excellent therapy! The Pauling Therapy Essentials Formula has really helped me. God bless u my friends to share with the population such a wonderful alternative that really, really works. Great STUFF!”

Bill Cook
Before: Total Cholesterol 242. LDL Cholesterol 163.

Doctor's Comments Before: "There's no proof that nutritional supplements can lower cholesterol or help with heart disease. You need to be taking a statin drug."

After: Total Cholesterol 163. LDL Cholesterol 101.

Doctor's Comments After: "This is remarkable! I've never seen such a drop in the numbers. If cardiologists knew this, they would be recommending the Essentials Formula to all their patients."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine