Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2022, 08:31 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,695,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Two years and you only know 10 people who've had covid??
Why does that surprise you?
I’d say it’s about the same number for me.
Sadly, one did die as a result, but in general, friends, family, co-workers… have been very careful to avoid exposure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2022, 11:50 PM

1,973 posts, read 1,100,521 times
Why is Uttar Predesh(population ~ US) so good at controlling Covid?
https://twitter.com/jjchamie/status/1489114910281842693
https://twitter.com/richardemoe/stat...51346293268483

Especially when comparing to Kerala(red dot at top right of the graph)
https://twitter.com/ChGefaell/status...18740396457992

"Correlation implies causation when preceded by hypothesis that there would be correlation"

In 3 waves, UP gov’t employed lVM to bring down C19 cases & deaths. 3 times it worked & 2nd time better than 1st. Will Western Media cover the 3rd wave?"

Everyone should check out this book also
https://www.amazon.com/Overcoming-CO...dp/B09PVNF24K/

Old 02-03-2022, 09:40 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,213,314 times
Ivermectin was given to too few people (2 to 3% of the population) to have contributed to Uttar Predesh's decline in cases which had already begun before they started including Ivermectin in the free WHO medical packs. If it had made 100% of those who took it immune, it can't begin to explain the decline. Perhaps strict quarantines, high vaccination rates and previous infections had a hand.

Old 02-03-2022, 09:56 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Telemedicine - no need to travel for many. Also if the docs are in your city they do house calls, per one surprised patient.

The problem is Govt controlled docs haven't been allowed to recommend life saving early treatments without risking having their licenses pulled and hospital affiliations cancelled. That's why so many have died unnecessarily.

We agree on most other things, though.

Never got jabbed by choice. I've had both Delta and Omicron and they were milder than flu or cold, probably because I've routinely used the recommended vitamins in higher doses for many years. Plus I'm not overweight and have always been proactive with health and fitness.

However, I do have an emergency blister pack of Ivermectin tablets because you don't know which bioweapon they will be releasing next!
Just wanted to share with you that I've never gotten COVID at all, in spite of being exposed to it numerous times, and I've been fully vaxxed and boosted, traveled internationally and nationally on planes, etc.

I also know many, many people who HAVE gotten COVID and I know exactly one person who died (and she had several pre existing conditions). One person was sick enough that he eventually got pneumonia (and was still never treated in the hospital). And his test was "lost" for over a week, so he went around over the holidays infecting others, who thankfully didn't get very sick or sick at all.

Every single person I know who got COVID (and recovered from it - all but 1) treated it with OTC stuff and just laid around for a few days - if they laid around at all. It just hasn't been a big deal for anyone.

Even so, I don't want to get it - but I also don't want to get a cold or the flu. Thankfully, I haven't been sick with anything in years. I thought I was getting sick with something a couple of years ago but it never got me, thank goodness.

Just food for thought.

I keep my immune system in good condition.

Personally I feel like this has been a huge fear mongering thing. I mean, it's not like COVID has a 40 percent death rate, or people are dropping like we see in the movies - driving, on the subway, etc. You'd think that was the case listening to the news, but it's simply not the case.

Old 02-04-2022, 09:23 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heron31 View Post
Well, with 896,000 deaths in the U.S. due to Covid, seems like a little fear might be justified. But glad to hear your personal, anecdotal experience has been largely benign.
I never said we shouldn't be cautious or concerned, or heck, even fearful at times, if the shoe fits. I also never said my personal, anecdotal experience is all there is to it. It's just my personal, anecdotal experience. And I also said I don't want to catch it. I'd be slightly concerned if I did catch it - but I never have, and like I said, I've been exposed to it several times since the whole pandemic thing started.

For the record, the 896k deaths in the US are less than (way less than) 1 percent of the overall population of the US. Just a reminder. And don't say it, because I KNOW that it doesn't much matter to those who died from it or their families. I'm simply putting facts out there.

Old 02-04-2022, 12:31 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,937,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I never said we shouldn't be cautious or concerned, or heck, even fearful at times, if the shoe fits. I also never said my personal, anecdotal experience is all there is to it. It's just my personal, anecdotal experience. And I also said I don't want to catch it. I'd be slightly concerned if I did catch it - but I never have, and like I said, I've been exposed to it several times since the whole pandemic thing started.

For the record, the 896k deaths in the US are less than (way less than) 1 percent of the overall population of the US. Just a reminder. And don't say it, because I KNOW that it doesn't much matter to those who died from it or their families. I'm simply putting facts out there.
When are they going to start counting them by year like every other illness?

Or will they be lumped perpetually as 1 big number? It's dishonest.

Old 02-04-2022, 07:28 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,233,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
When are they going to start counting them by year like every other illness?

Or will they be lumped perpetually as 1 big number? It's dishonest.
Here you go. See Table 1.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

Old 02-05-2022, 08:06 AM

9,850 posts, read 7,716,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Why does that surprise you?
I’d say it’s about the same number for me.
Sadly, one did die as a result, but in general, friends, family, co-workers… have been very careful to avoid exposure.
I also only know one personally who died, my aunt was very ill already living in a nursing home.

But if you look at the percentages of people who supposedly have had covid, whether you believe it's 30% or even more, certainly everyone knows more than 50 people (that means statistically, you should know at least 15 that have had covid) - family, co-workers, friends, neighbors, church friends, classmates, etc. It's been 2 years.

Out of 30 in our immediate family - 11 have had it
Two of my sons in law both had multiple relatives sick on their sides of the family
2 out of 6 at our store plus 9 of their family members
At least 20 of my girlfriends and 5 of their spouses and 2 of their elderly mothers
My physical therapist and her whole family
At least 80 from our church that I know out of 900 members (we get prayer request emails)
My doctor's receptionist
Dozens of our customers have told us they had it as well as at least 10 of our suppliers.

So for us, we are definitely seeing about 30% who have gotten it. But I certainly wouldn't blame any of them for getting it, it's a virus in the air. Many are beyond careful, triple vaxxed plus wear the N95's since the beginning along with gloves and eye protection.

Old 02-07-2022, 04:03 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,937,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Not looking for a table.

Looking for a link to a news report that does not include the 800,000+ figure.

Only reports deaths that occurred in 2022. Since, you know, it's 2022.

TIA.

Old 02-07-2022, 05:13 PM

23,265 posts, read 18,777,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimidae View Post
I can't believe someone is actually still falling for and repeating the ivermectin (horse dewormer, small animal delouser) nonsense. You are seriously brainwashed if you think the CDC is recommending ivermectin as a treatment for COVID-19.

Since trying to correct this will bring accusations of listening to "corporate media," let me bring it to you straight from the (dewormed) horse's mouth:

Source: FDA. Article title: "Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19": https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consum...event-covid-19

Source: CDC. Paper title: "Reports of Severe Illness Associated with Use of Products Containing Ivermectin to
Prevent or Treat COVID-19": https://emergency.cdc.gov/han/2021/pdf/CDC_HAN_449.pdf

Source: AMA (American Medical Association). Article title: "Why Ivermectin Should Not Be Used to Prevent or Treat COVID-19." https://www.ama-assn.org/delivering-...treat-covid-19
This reminded me of a great one-liner my my cardiologist shared:

You know the conspiracy theory about tracking devices hidden in Covid vaccines? Well, our brilliant gov't covered more bases than you think. They also hid them in horse de-wormer.

But I digress...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine