Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 09:27 AM

910 posts, read 2,292,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
In defense of Lysol products.... When my father was stationed at a military base during WWII, he was assigned "KP" (kitchen duty), and cut himself badly while doing some prep work. Two of his fingers got very badly infected and the military doctor wanted to operate and possibly even amputate them.

My dad, being the independent cuss that he was told the doctor to "stick it" and bought a bottle of the "old fashioned" Lysol (in the brown glass bottle with the yellow cap), and proceeded to soak his fingers on a nightly basis (probably several times a day, at first anyway). The infection cleared up and his fingers healed perfectly, which was very important to him, since he played guitar for a living in his civilian life.

Throughout my childhood, we never went without a bottle of Lysol in the medicine cabinet and used it frequently. I can't say that the Lysol was responsible, but I never had an infection. It might have just been a coincidence, but I doubt it.

I noticed that back in 2008 I responded to this thread with a recommendation to use Lysine. Since that time I have discovered something that works even better. If you are interested, please DM me, I won't post the info here, because I don't need the negativity in my life. LOL

20yrsinBranson
There you go, thank you so much for sharing this! Some people love to insult others and calling us stupid thinking they really know it all (what a joke!). Your father not only saved his fingers but in the process set an example that taught you to think out of the box, which is more than can be said for those who boast about their kind of "common sense".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 10:12 AM

1 posts, read 4,001 times
well, I must say I have read all the threads on this post and this has been an educational moment for me. I'm new at this fever blister, herpes simplex, cold sore virus.

but if everyone agrees that stress can cause the flayring of this virus then why are there so many stressful posts.

now i'm thinking my one blister might multiply after reading this... lol just saying... lets help one another, we're all obviously very stressed out :-/

Old 05-03-2013, 08:17 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,920,807 times
I had to double check that this was actually in the Alternative Medicine forum, what with people recommending Lysol, Valtrex and other toxic chemicals. I can't believe someone would expose themselves to Lysol poisoning. Read the label. Not smart.

Lysine is a good preventative measure, as is just generally taking all B vitamins. I am not sure what E would do, but I would think it would help. (I know you have to be careful with E if you are taking other meds).

I did not google natural remedies for cold sores, but imagine there are a ton . . .

Old 05-25-2013, 08:44 PM

47 posts, read 40,777 times
Silver Sol 10ppm in gel form kills herpes simplex and zoster. It cn be found in Heath Food stores, on-line as ASAP,
Silver Biotics (Swanson) Silver Solutions and Soverign. About $15.00 Its a reformulated distant cousin of Colloidal
Silver (don't compare Silver Sol is a nano technology )

Note Silver Sol is a anti-fungal/ gel)(liguid/ systemic), antibiotic (kills staph incl MRSA replaces Vancomycin and no mutation ) is an anti-parasitic cures malaria (6 days) 90-100% (effective African trial cured 900 (all) in Kenya)
Silver Sol kills all viruses including Sars, all super flu's ,RSV ,Croup, whooping cough ,sinusitis, ear infections
(including all children) ,trachitis, VAP (ventilator acquired pneumonia) . A separate study showed it kills anthrax.
It is essential for wound care and snake or insect bites. Application is either liquid or gel (a higher strength of upwards to 30 ppm is available ) It is nontoxic and no allergies reported. Sound too good ....yep. Medicine is sleeping on this one to a point of incompetence and cluelessness.

Liguid 2 tsps. BID-TID X6-8days If you don't see results within a 48 hour period seek medical attention!!

Old 05-25-2013, 09:03 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,766,126 times
According to Readers Digest, ear wax cures cold sores. A little dab'll do ya!
11 Outrageous Folk Remedies to Avoid | Reader's Digest

Old 05-25-2013, 09:06 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
One of my high school friends used to get cold sores all the time and she was told to take the supplement Lysine and she did start taking it and went for a few years without getting the cold sores. Within a couple weeks of not taking the Lysine she started getting them again.

I realize this is a very old thread but the information may still be helpful to someone.

Old 05-25-2013, 09:22 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,766,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
One of my high school friends used to get cold sores all the time and she was told to take the supplement Lysine and she did start taking it and went for a few years without getting the cold sores. Within a couple weeks of not taking the Lysine she started getting them again.

I realize this is a very old thread but the information may still be helpful to someone.
L-lysine is a pretty well known treatment for cold sores. I never would've even considered it to be "alternative" medicine at all; it's usually recommended by doctors as a first choice. If it fails to work, they try more aggressive treatments.

I think it's worth reminding people though - lysine is not the same thing as lysol. Lysine = essential amino acid, useful for treating cold sores. Lysol - non-essential chemical liquid, useful for cleaning toilets.

Old 05-25-2013, 09:24 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
L-lysine is a pretty well known treatment for cold sores. I never would've even considered it to be "alternative" medicine at all; it's usually recommended by doctors as a first choice. If it fails to work, they try more aggressive treatments.

I think it's worth reminding people though - lysine is not the same thing as lysol. Lysine = essential amino acid, useful for treating cold sores. Lysol - non-essential chemical liquid, useful for cleaning toilets.

LOL.........a few of those mouths are filthier than toilets and could probably use the Lysol

Old 05-27-2013, 12:41 AM

10,364 posts, read 20,788,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
According to Readers Digest, ear wax cures cold sores. A little dab'll do ya!
11 Outrageous Folk Remedies to Avoid | Reader's Digest
Hm, reminds me of a home remedy that a Philippino friend told me about once. She used to get sty's on her eyes fairly regularly so the maid would go out to the outhouse and get some cockroach eggs and grind them into a paste and apply that to the sty. The next day she'd be fine. I've never had a sty so didn't get a chance to try it. LOL

Old 02-12-2014, 10:53 PM

1 posts, read 3,489 times
Default Lysol Spray for Herpes

I wish I had taken pictures for the non believers. Lysol spray worked miracles for me. I actually sprayed it directly on the blisters on my genitals and it worked like a charm. The blisters dried up in no time.In a day as a matter of fact. Never saw anything like it. I don't know why it is not being marketed for herpes. On one occasion I sprayed the lysol on a cotton ball and dabbed it but that was not nearly as effective as the blast from the spray. I sprayed it 3 to 4 times that day on the third day I was smiling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine