Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 08:54 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,449,461 times

Advertisements

I also use ACV on "hot spots" for dogs. It relieves the itch and kills germs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2009, 02:53 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
I read on another forum about using ACV for skin tags. Take a cotton ball, soak in ACV and leave on the skin tag overnight. The next day it should be greatly reduced and sometimes it falls off then or within the next few days.

For the person leaving the honey out of the ACV drink..you can get liquid stevia and add a few drops for flavoring. I buy it in different flavors and have it handy in the fridge. I have lemon, orange and cinnamon flavors.

Old 09-27-2013, 08:02 AM

105 posts, read 357,611 times
This is an old thread, but full of useful information.
We have found that Organic cider vinegar works on many issues, from acid reflux to yeast infections and other skin issues. Regarding the honey, I know I have to use a small amount because it coats the throat and I get less 'burn'. I add about 1 tablespoon if vinegar to about 2-3 oz of water, and about a 1/8 tsp honey - 1-2 times per day. I use it primarily in the winter as I feel it does keep me from getting sick...no proof of that, but intuitively, it feels right. And always a first defense if I start getting heart burn! braggs is the easiest brand to find, and it doesn't taste too bad.

Old 10-02-2013, 11:16 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,994,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfeathers View Post
This is an old thread, but full of useful information.
We have found that Organic cider vinegar works on many issues, from acid reflux to yeast infections and other skin issues. Regarding the honey, I know I have to use a small amount because it coats the throat and I get less 'burn'. I add about 1 tablespoon if vinegar to about 2-3 oz of water, and about a 1/8 tsp honey - 1-2 times per day. I use it primarily in the winter as I feel it does keep me from getting sick...no proof of that, but intuitively, it feels right. And always a first defense if I start getting heart burn! braggs is the easiest brand to find, and it doesn't taste too bad.
On the very rare occasions I get heartburn, a tablespoon full of ACV in a glass of water will eliminate the heartburn in a snap.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:53 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,797 times
I had problems with GERD, acid reflux, and general stomach upset. I was treated with PPI's with no success. For many years I self medicated with Pepcid, Tums, Alka-Seltzer, etc., and only got temporary relief at best. I had bought some ACV but never got around to using it. One night I woke at 1AM with terrible acid reflux, the kind that comes up into your mouth, I went to the kitchen and I knew that taking antacids would only result in more reflux later. I opened the ACV and mixed a tablespoon with the same amount of honey in a large glass of water and drank it down. Fifteen minutes later my reflux was gone. I went back to bed thinking the reflux would return but I slept the night through. I became a believer that night. I now take this medicine three times a day and I have not had one incident of reflux, heartburn, or other stomach distress.

I don't want to endorse any product but you must use ACV, Apple Cider Vinegar, white vinegar will not work.
You also need an organic ACV as mentioned in other posts and ACV with the "mother" is best.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:48 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,544,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
I had problems with GERD, acid reflux, and general stomach upset. I was treated with PPI's with no success. For many years I self medicated with Pepcid, Tums, Alka-Seltzer, etc., and only got temporary relief at best. I had bought some ACV but never got around to using it. One night I woke at 1AM with terrible acid reflux, the kind that comes up into your mouth, I went to the kitchen and I knew that taking antacids would only result in more reflux later. I opened the ACV and mixed a tablespoon with the same amount of honey in a large glass of water and drank it down. Fifteen minutes later my reflux was gone. I went back to bed thinking the reflux would return but I slept the night through. I became a believer that night. I now take this medicine three times a day and I have not had one incident of reflux, heartburn, or other stomach distress.

I don't want to endorse any product but you must use ACV, Apple Cider Vinegar, white vinegar will not work.
You also need an organic ACV as mentioned in other posts and ACV with the "mother" is best.

I was diagnosed by upper endoscopy recently with Barrett's Esophagus ... if that isn't scary enough, luckily biopsies were negative. All the literature on Barrett's says to cut out coffee, tea, citrus, tomatoes ... and o.m.g., chocolate. Maybe once it is under control I could re-introduce some of these things a little at a time, dunno. If you haven't been scoped Donsabi, you should make an appt. with a very good gastroenterology doc. There is no cure for Barrett's, and it can result in cancer. Esophogeal cancer is very ugly.

Does anyone have an opinion on ACV with Barrett's; wonder if it would help rather than taking more PPI and antacids. Have been advised to get a good quality wedge pillow too.

Old 03-20-2017, 03:29 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover
Be careful with it, because the vinegar smell will come out in your sweat.
Yes thtas one of our systems things huh??

Apple cider vinagar is just cider that went bad right? So I assume one could drink it straight if wanted....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine