U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 12:44 PM

2,428 posts, read 4,069,777 times

Advertisements

Bastyr University : At the Heart of Natural Medicine Education near Seattle has degree programs in nutrition and herbal sciences along with fully-accredited programs in naturopathic and acupuncture/oriental medicine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 06:32 PM

304 posts, read 639,741 times
thank you very much Rob Allen!

Old 08-13-2013, 09:11 AM

305 posts, read 387,216 times
After spending 45 years in the " alternative" health care field, I am more convinced than ever that, natural, non harmful, ways of boosting health is the best way to go, for most people, most of the time. You can't get around the fact that about 100 thousand deaths occur each year from, "traditional" medical errors. This is reported in the AMA Journal each April, the Second Issue of the month and on Gov. web sites. I never go a week without hearing of two or three, medical horror stories and unbelievable costs that are seldom related to the benefits received. One hundred percent of all people who live; die. But natural healing methods get people more comfortably to the grave and with less cost. This usually leaves enough money so that the survivors don't have to take bankruptcy, as is often the case when the dominate health system is used.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:24 AM

12,775 posts, read 9,444,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by changeyourthoughts View Post
Im not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I guess I'll find out!

I am wondering if anyone can point me to any info or has any on investigating alt health careers/natural health careers. I know that natural health is my calling, but I dont necessarily want to treat "patients" one on one. I am interested in nutrition, vitamins, supplements, herbs, all of it. I can see myself consulting, opening a store of some kind, writing books on the topics and so on. But I would want to be well qualified. I was thinking of obtaining an RN because that would give me some biological knowledge and credibility, and its not a bad degree to have in these times anyway.

If I had the time and money I may even want an N. D. degree, but like I said I am not particularly keen on treating patients like a doctor would. Do you have a practice in the alternative health field and would you like to tell me what route you took there? Anyone an R.N. in the field? Thank you.
If I were you, I'd look into studying abroad. Perhaps Thailand. Look into where you can learn about holistic or Ayurvedic.

Old 08-17-2013, 07:37 AM

5,121 posts, read 9,421,109 times
A naturopathic doctor (Mark Stengel, N.D.), whose book (A Natural Physican's Healing Therapes) I admire and consult often, said in his introduction to his book, "I was accepted at one of the foremost naturopathic colleges in the U.D., the National College of Naturopathic Medicine in Portland Oregon, where I received my doctorate in naturopathic medicine and certification in homeopathy."

Might be a good place to check out.

And I recommend the book to all...it's one of the best I've read on natural medicine. Very well-organized and helpful.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:16 PM

2,428 posts, read 4,069,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
... one of the foremost naturopathic colleges in the U.D., the National College of Naturopathic Medicine in Portland Oregon, ...
The school has recently changed its name slightly - it's now the National College of Natural Medicine.

National College of Natural Medicine | Naturopathic & Chinese Medicine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine