U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2007, 12:57 PM

140 posts, read 364,142 times

Advertisements

My sister has been diagnosed with M.S. going on 7 years now. She had some symptoms looking back over the past 20 years however it took a huge hit one night seven years ago with her waking up in the morning with the loss of her eyesight in her left eye. Since that day life has been very dibilitating with many days hardly even getting out of bed. With all the treatments the medical community was able to offer (nothing really worked , and many side-effects were terrible) she resorted to Apitherapy. Apitherapy is a treatment of actual live bee stings. This is the only treatment that has ever really given her any relief from the disease. She says that she can feel the bee venun second after the sting and has an instant relief of some of the side effects of M.S. Now mind you it doesn't take all symptoms away but might allow her enough energy to go to the store when otherwise she would have had to stay in bed. It definately has given her a better quality of life. She sometimes can have up to 10 stings a day. Has anyone else had any experience with Apitherapy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2007, 02:11 PM

2,739 posts, read 7,854,076 times
Yeah...but not voluntarily. A few years ago I was cutting some firewood in the woods with my chainsaw, and accidently stepped on a yellow jacket nest. Before I knew what was happening, they were all over me....I ran FAST...but got stung 17 times before I could get away.
I'm glad the apitherapy works for your sister, and am sorry for her predicament. I would have thought stings would make things worse. All those stings pretty much put me out of action the rest of the day. I remember the pulse rate went way up, shaking, minor shock, etc. Went to the doc and he gave me some stuff to treat the adverse reaction. No fun, whether it's voluntary, or not.

Bud

Old 10-27-2008, 11:20 AM

1 posts, read 6,270 times
my daughter has MS and would like to take a shot at the bee therapy - I encourage her 100% can you help me to find someone here in San Antonio TX that can help her get this therapy? Please call us @ (210) 567-2106 ask for Maria or (210) 767-9355 ask for Cynthia or email us @ AguirreM2@uthscsa.edu

Old 10-27-2008, 06:35 PM

9,883 posts, read 20,169,596 times
You should try to find a bee keeper. I imagine there are some in your area. Oh, here's a contact. Beekeeping Supplies Protective Clothing Beekeeping Equipment

Not all bee keepers will be willing to participate. You should also discuss this with your doctor and do some research on the treatment. You need to be careful that she does not have an allergic reaction that might kill her. Ok?

Old 07-19-2012, 03:48 PM

1 posts, read 2,433 times
Default help my mom

my mom has had ms for 12 years now and i need help finding her better treatment and care and we were wanting to try the bee stings to see if it helped any we have heard good things about just dont know where to do to get it we live in canton ohio can someone help me please my email is [EMAIL="justinakirby88@gmail.com"]justinakirby88@gmail.com[/EMAIL] she has pretty much given up :c rying:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine