Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to live in Brazil?
Yes 162 50.78%
No 157 49.22%
Voters: 319. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 11:37 AM

3,898 posts, read 6,694,817 times

Advertisements

Hey Harry Potter 1, just don't forget Brazil is not only Rio de Janeiro!

If you are afraid of gunfire exchange between drug dealers' gangs and the police, just don't go to Rio de Janeiro! There are plenty of other beautiful coastal cities in Brazil, where you can find all sort of sophisticated urban services: Florianopolis, Vitoria, Salvador, Maceio, Recife, Joao Pessoa, Natal, Fortaleza...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 11:49 AM

89 posts, read 206,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
Hey Harry Potter 1, just don't forget Brazil is not only Rio de Janeiro!

If you are afraid of gunfire exchange between drug dealers' gangs and the police, just don't go to Rio de Janeiro! There are plenty of other beautiful coastal cities in Brazil, where you can find all sort of sophisticated urban services: Florianopolis, Vitoria, Salvador, Maceio, Recife, Joao Pessoa, Natal, Fortaleza...
hey MalaMan I Know That the Whole Brazil is not Rio de Janeiro i was saying that the Crime and people in poverty is going down fast.

and What does sophisticated mean?

Old 12-09-2010, 11:59 AM

sophisticated means you can find the complex services you should expect to find in a big city, with good quality.

And you're right: poverty is still a problem, but things are getting better.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
sophisticated means you can find the complex services you should expect to find in a big city, with good quality.

And you're right: poverty is still a problem, but things are getting better.
I see you live in Brazil where in Brazil do you live? Becouse i'm moveing their in 6 year time.

What do you think of the 2014 FIFA World Cup and the olympic in Rio de Janeiro in 2016?

Old 12-09-2010, 12:20 PM

I live in Fortaleza, in the State of Ceara, in the Northeast.

I think the 2014 World Cup and the 2016 Olympics will be great to Brazil! It will highlight Brazil before the world. Many public and private investments are already being made because of the World Cup and the Olympics.

The World Cup, in particular, will show to the world not only Rio, but many other Brazilian cities too, including Fortaleza where I live (will be one of the host cities). Lots of first class hotels are being built already in Fortaleza, and others are planned, because of the international exposure received by the city for being a World Cup host city.

And, of course, the World Cup will be an incredible "national party" in Brazil during June and July 2014, because we really love football (soccer) in this country, and it will be amazing to have the most important football event of the world happening right here!

Old 12-09-2010, 12:33 PM

I think the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro will be the best Olympics Ever it would be a Great Party. If Brazil Win the Soccer Final in the FIFA and the olympics I think they would go mad i think it will be 5 times more Mader then Canada did with the ICE Hockey win at the olympics.

I Love Brazil

Old 12-09-2010, 02:09 PM

597 posts, read 1,293,956 times
Quote:
For those thinking about live in Brazil, my advice is: make Brazilian friends in the city where you're going to live. In Brazil, friends are everything. A Brazilian never thinks twice before helping a friend. So, friends can be very helpful, and make everything much easier.

If you're thinking about move to Brazil, first you should make some friends in the city of your choice, by the internet, and make a touristic trip to that city, to meet with your virtual friends in the real world. Of course you should seek for friends in whom you can trust, decent people with good jobs. Look for people who share common interests with you, starting a true friendship.

After you have good friends in the city, people that you know personally, you can think about moving definitely. Friends will be extremely helpful to anyone who's starting a life in Brazil.
Hi MalaMan,
Very well. Your words were "perfects".
A good friendship, with decent people, is very important anywhere in the world, and we (Brazilians) like to make friends.

Old 12-09-2010, 05:11 PM

^^ Sure we like! And we never refuse to help a friend!

Old 12-13-2010, 04:44 AM

35 posts, read 153,284 times
I wouldn't like to live in Brazil

to visit yes, but never to live!

it's a country very inefficiently run, lots of bureaucracy, corruption and inequality.... plus crime

it must be cool to be there for a few weeks but after you become used to the place and start living like a brazilian with brazilian salaries, brazilian corruption, brazilian nothing works, brazilian mediocre quality of life, brazilian food (everyday beans and rice), brazilian infraestructure etc. then the whole it's so cool here I love it feeling goes out the window in a heart beat!

personally I wouldn't live there!

Old 12-13-2010, 09:01 AM

Hahahaha!!

Very funny xutka!

I live in Brazil, and I LOVE it.

Corruption? Yes, sadly. But there is corruption in the US too.

Bureaucracy? Yes, sadly. But there are lots of bureaucracy in France too.

Brazilian mediocre quality of life? Depends what you call quality of life. Brazilians are far less stressed than Americans. Brazilians suffer from hypertension far less than Americans.

Brazilian food? You really don't know Brazilian food! First, it's much more healthy than American "fast food", McDonalds hamburgers. And it's amazingly diversified. Brazilian barbecue is delicious. In the Northeast, lots of stupendous seafood. Some really nice snacks like "tapioca", "pastel" or "coxinha com catupiry". I would NEVER exchange my Brazilian food for American food.

Brazil is becoming better and better each year. This is fact. Any middle class family in cities like Florianopolis, Recife, Fortaleza, Natal, has a great quality of life. The poor are getting better and better too. Today, people who live in so called "slums" go to the shopping malls and waterparks.

You probably imagine Brazil is something like Somalia or Bangladesh... You're so wrong!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas