U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 04:42 PM

37,134 posts, read 45,664,410 times

Advertisements

Billions was donated for Haiti. Sanitation and safe water is a no-brainer after a catastrophy. WTF? They need to put some women in charge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 05:13 PM

6,836 posts, read 12,861,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Billions was donated for Haiti. Sanitation and safe water is a no-brainer after a catastrophy. WTF? They need to put some women in charge.
i am haitian american and not surprised instead of donations i wanted food and supplies to be donated.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:42 PM

5,457 posts, read 12,684,056 times
Default Ha..

Quote:
Don't worry, you will see those billions put to use within the next few years, a transformation. You will see some beautiful mansions go up on the shores of their fine beaches, don't worry.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:05 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,600,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
Don't worry, you will see those billions put to use within the next few years, a transformation. You will see some beautiful mansions go up on the shores of their fine beaches, don't worry.
Don't you mean we'll see some more mansions in Miami - I am sure someone also needs a nice new Bentley...

Old 10-25-2010, 08:16 PM

6,836 posts, read 12,861,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
i wish

Old 10-26-2010, 12:16 AM

5,767 posts, read 10,305,072 times
The cholera epidemic began in the north of Haiti; not within the quake zone or the refugee camps in the quake zone.

The aid efforts have obviously been focused on the quake zone - not the undamaged north.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:55 AM

23,762 posts, read 65,883,832 times
Quote:
They need to put some women in charge.
Yes,that will solve all problems.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:13 AM

18,852 posts, read 31,732,472 times
The annoying thing is that I did donate to the red cross, with my cell phone. Now, I continue to get text messages to donate more. Forget about it. I want to see something actually done, and they are not doing anything to move forward. Really, remember Japan after WW II? We went in there, and put that place back together. Why can't that be done now? The problem with Haiti, is the same as many African countries...huge corruption...it is a way of life there. Sad for the wonderful people there, I have never met a Haitian who was not the best person...lovely people, always smiliing and happy. Of course, I only meet Haitians who are in the United States, maybe they are happy because they are hrere, and not there...

Old 10-26-2010, 11:24 AM

30,344 posts, read 27,808,802 times
It appears to be more corruption in Haiti government, agencies and fund raising groups; all of which seems to be normal these days in the world.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:52 PM

5,457 posts, read 12,684,056 times
Default Not me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
The annoying thing is that I did donate to the red cross, with my cell phone. Now, I continue to get text messages to donate more. Forget about it. I want to see something actually done, and they are not doing anything to move forward. Really, remember Japan after WW II? We went in there, and put that place back together. Why can't that be done now? The problem with Haiti, is the same as many African countries...huge corruption...it is a way of life there. Sad for the wonderful people there, I have never met a Haitian who was not the best person...lovely people, always smiliing and happy. Of course, I only meet Haitians who are in the United States, maybe they are happy because they are hrere, and not there...
Once you donate anything, you will always get hit up for more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas