Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 05:05 PM

78,377 posts, read 60,566,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaos View Post
And whos fault is that, the UN ? The ones who are sending millions of tons of sanitized food and water a year to keep them from starving ? Nope I dont think the UN is at any fault here. Sure, protest and assault the UN. Go ahead and get rid of them...Then millions will be starving as opposed to 1000 dying from a disease that is preventable.

And as far as boiling water goes...they obviously cook their meals, I mean I really doubt they eat raw meat and never cook it. But correct me if I am wrong. That requires a heat source which can boil water.

Like it or not but a lack of common sense is one of Haiti's problems. And that extends to boiling your water so you dont contract Cholera, or any other number of diseases which are rampant in Haiti yet you dont hear of. Also using your source of water as a toilet bowel is not a good idea etc etc etc etc etc.
I had a buddy with cancer, suppressed immune system. You weren't supposed to visit him if you had a cold etc.

The same principal applies in that you have a country suffering a major catastrophe....so why pile on?

I've not heard you once acknowledge that tiny weeny earthquake.

I'm not saying the UN aid isn't a major boon, just saying that it's ineptly run at times...like in this situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 06:17 AM

78,377 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaos View Post
And whos fault is that, the UN ? The ones who are sending millions of tons of sanitized food and water a year to keep them from starving ? Nope I dont think the UN is at any fault here. Sure, protest and assault the UN. Go ahead and get rid of them...Then millions will be starving as opposed to 1000 dying from a disease that is preventable.

And as far as boiling water goes...they obviously cook their meals, I mean I really doubt they eat raw meat and never cook it. But correct me if I am wrong. That requires a heat source which can boil water.

Like it or not but a lack of common sense is one of Haiti's problems. And that extends to boiling your water so you dont contract Cholera, or any other number of diseases which are rampant in Haiti yet you dont hear of. Also using your source of water as a toilet bowel is not a good idea etc etc etc etc etc.
Just reading some updated death toll projections and it might get into the 10's of thousands.
Hey maybe the UN is taking a two-pronged approach to the whole hunger issue since there will be fewer to feed once this makes it's way through the population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas