U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 10:31 PM

3 posts, read 6,451 times

Advertisements

I want to spend some more time in Latin America. I loved the food and architecture in Mexico. I loved the people and the salsa in Nicaragua. I loved the beauty of the city in Ecuador. I would want to stay somewhere urban and explore the city and then having the option to visit the beach on a day off/weekend. I also love to dance! Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 12:25 AM

15,943 posts, read 36,139,074 times
I spent 10 months in South America...and I gotta say the food is COMPLETELY different. None of those burritos, tacos, fajitas, etc. That'll be a big difference.

Most of South America...while a little different everywhere...you'll get a lot of 'beefsteak and rice' often served with french fries as well. You'll also get 'beans and rice'...another common thing everywhere is 'empanada' - like a dumpling.

Old 12-13-2010, 03:39 AM

35 posts, read 133,364 times
in south america you won't find mexican food..... actually many south americans have never tried mexican food or know nothing about it.

Go explore chile, cartagena and medellin colombia, brazil is a nice option too, buenos aires and cuzco peru.

Old 12-13-2010, 05:18 AM

32,055 posts, read 32,950,797 times
In Guayaquil, Ecuador the locals love to party (meaning to dance at parties) and the closest beach town Playas is only about a half hour drive away from Guayaquil.

Old 12-13-2010, 07:29 AM

2,564 posts, read 4,649,951 times
Come to Brazil! You won't regret!

Latin America has some common characteristics to all countries, but it's also very diverse. Many differences between countries. It's not "everything equal to Mexico".

If you ask me what is the best food in Latin America, I will answer you: the barbecue in Argentina and Uruguay. But I'm suspect, because I love barbecue! Brazil has some great barbecue as well (you need to try Brazilian "picanha"), but it's not as good as in Argentina and Uruguay.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:24 AM

3 posts, read 6,451 times
Thanks for all the suggestions..All I know is that I love all of what I have seen of Latin America and can't wait to see more!

Old 12-14-2010, 01:27 PM

1,680 posts, read 3,182,800 times
I definately think you should visit Argentina if you get a chance. Buenos Aires itself is a great city with a 24 hour nightlife that can't be beat plus you have excelent food.

Colombia would also be a great destination especially Cartagena or Bogota, since the security situation has vastly improved.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:38 AM

278 posts, read 546,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo234 View Post
Latin America is pretty much any country in the Western Hemisphere that speaks either Spanish or Portuguese as a primary language. Therefore Mexico is part of Latin America.

Latin America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The USA has more than 60 million spanish speakers, plus italians.

The USA is also Latin American, and of course Anglo (English) American.

I realy dont know why people say latin America, America is already a latin Word. It would be like saying Anglo England, lol.

America was dicovered by latinos (Italians, Spanish). AngloAmerica are the regions where English is spoken (Canada, Bahamas, USA, etc).

Old 03-18-2011, 10:42 PM

16,411 posts, read 26,217,358 times
Go to Brasil, spend your time in Rio, check out south brasil (curitiba, parana), you can go to the north east and check out joão pessoa.

If youre gonna go to colombia, stay out of cali, its the dirtiest and most dangerous of the cities in colombia, instead check out medellín or bogotá.

Brasil over the rest is what im going with.

Old 03-19-2011, 05:30 PM

29 posts, read 52,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitana66 View Post
I want to spend some more time in Latin America. I loved the food and architecture in Mexico. I loved the people and the salsa in Nicaragua. I loved the beauty of the city in Ecuador. I would want to stay somewhere urban and explore the city and then having the option to visit the beach on a day off/weekend. I also love to dance! Any suggestions?
I think Lima, Peru fits all your requirements...just go during the southern hemisphere summer if you want to hang out at the local beaches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or