U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2011, 12:51 PM

2 posts, read 2,185 times

Advertisements

I am a 23 year old soon to have a business undergrad degree in finance from a very well known school and am very entrepreneurial. I am also fortunate to have a nest egg through an inheritance.

I've have spent my life living in cities like Chicago and Cleveland. Things are cold -- people are unhappy and worry about stuff that doesn't matter. The economy is poor, and people are helpless consumers of ****ty things.

I don't want iPhones, Blackberrys, Facebook, brand name big box store junk, etc.I am looking for greener pastures-- some where I will feel better and enjoy life more.

I some sort of comfortable employment, beautiful easy going women, music, best food (smoked and bbq'd meats, seafoods, other things of deliciousness), good drinks, a very comfortable bed, beautiful scenery, sunsets, weather, happy people, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 12:58 PM

5,599 posts, read 8,299,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RReed9 View Post
I am a 23 year old soon to have a business undergrad degree in finance from a very well known school and am very entrepreneurial. I am also fortunate to have a nest egg through an inheritance.

I've have spent my life living in cities like Chicago and Cleveland. Things are cold -- people are unhappy and worry about stuff that doesn't matter. The economy is poor, and people are helpless consumers of ****ty things.

I don't want iPhones, Blackberrys, Facebook, brand name big box store junk, etc.I am looking for greener pastures-- some where I will feel better and enjoy life more.

I some sort of comfortable employment, beautiful easy going women, music, best food (smoked and bbq'd meats, seafoods, other things of deliciousness), good drinks, a very comfortable bed, beautiful scenery, sunsets, weather, happy people, etc.
Buy yourself a hotel or restaurant somewhere down there by the beach and be your own boss.

Old 01-03-2011, 03:25 PM

1,680 posts, read 3,189,074 times
I say just move down to either Argentina, Uruguay, or Brazil since their economies are booming at the moment, and there have evedn been a few American expats that have launched sucessful businesses there. And if it does not work out you can at least head back.

Buenos Aires: a City's Power and Promise | Travel | Smithsonian Magazine

Old 01-03-2011, 06:46 PM

2 posts, read 2,185 times
These places probably offer the best opportunity for employment. They seem like wealthy and materialistic places (Buenos Aires) where the goal is a lux apartment and a BMW drinking expensive French champagne at fancy night clubs. I would like to get away from that. Is Uruguay the better alternative? I have seen the Uruguay is older and that kids try to get educated and leave does that mean there aren't a lot of people like me down there.

I need young women, music, fire cooked meats, hammocks, sun, etc. Places with spanish/italian/french type influence and looking people a big +

Last edited by RReed9; 01-03-2011 at 08:12 PM..

Old 01-04-2011, 06:24 AM

1,680 posts, read 3,189,074 times
Quote:
These places probably offer the best opportunity for employment. They seem like wealthy and materialistic places (Buenos Aires) where the goal is a lux apartment and a BMW drinking expensive French champagne at fancy night clubs. I would like to get away from that. Is Uruguay the better alternative? I have seen the Uruguay is older and that kids try to get educated and leave does that mean there aren't a lot of people like me down there.
Well Argentina is more family orientated and less materialistic than the US and overall their business climate in much better in comparison with most of South America (you did say you were entrepreneurial which I took as looking for a place where it would be easy to set up a business). Uruguay, Brazil, and Chile are all pretty similar to Argentina in this regard, not to mention there are plenty of places in most of those countries that you can get away from it all if you really wanted to. That being said if you are really looking for someplace off the beaten track I believe Bolivia and Paraguay might be an option however note that corruption is higher in both of those places, and I would be wary about foreigners relocating to Bolivia at the moment since Evo Morales seems too eager to follow Chavez's footsteps.

Quote:
I need young women, music, fire cooked meats, hammocks, sun, etc. Places with spanish/italian/french type influence and looking people a big +
Well both Argentina and Uruguay have this in abundance. The rest of South America has a mostly spanish/indigenous influence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or