Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where to stay?
Fortaleza 5 35.71%
Joao Pessoa 9 64.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 02:09 AM

312 posts, read 909,278 times

Advertisements

If you had to chose in which city to spend a long vacation in, say 1-2 months, where would you go?

- Nightlife
- Food
- Cost of living
- Rent
- Weather

Take all these into account.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 02:45 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,168,834 times
1-2 months...Fortaleza, just because it's larger.

I lived in Sao Paulo for 6 months years ago...can't really tell details about those two NE cities, except both would be interesting.

I'd guess that rent/cost of living wouldn't be significant, but the larger one (Fortaleza) could cost a little more, and would certainly believe that Fortaleza has better nightlife by a very large margin, and probably better food as well due to the larger size.

Climate is probably almost exactly the same.

Good two cities to use though, I always enjoy anything from and of Brazil on these forums.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:31 PM

597 posts, read 1,297,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stolpioni View Post
If you had to chose in which city to spend a long vacation in, say 1-2 months, where would you go?

- Nightlife
- Food
- Cost of living
- Rent
- Weather

Take all these into account.
I know and I love both cities.
Both cities are great and have same food, same cost of living, same weather and maybe same nightlife.
I say it's very hard to make this choice.
If you have 2 months vacations you spend 1 month in Fortaleza and 1 month em João Pessoa.
You'll love. I guarantee it.
The distance between Fortaleza and João Pessoa is 700 Km.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:26 PM

3,973 posts, read 6,778,986 times
Wow! Very difficult question! I live in Fortaleza, but I love Joao Pessoa!

Both are great cities, but they are different: Joao Pessoa is smaller, it's a calm city, with lots of green areas. Fortaleza is bigger, more agitated, more heavy traffic, less green areas, but also have amazing urban beaches and the nightlife is much better than that of Joao Pessoa.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:53 AM

stolpioni, if you really has 30 days to spend in the Northeast of Brazil, I recommend to you: 10 days in Fortaleza, 7 days in Natal, 7 days in Joao Pessoa and 6 days in Maceio! That should be an unforgettable vacation!

Old 12-11-2010, 05:37 PM

312 posts, read 909,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
stolpioni, if you really has 30 days to spend in the Northeast of Brazil, I recommend to you: 10 days in Fortaleza, 7 days in Natal, 7 days in Joao Pessoa and 6 days in Maceio! That should be an unforgettable vacation!
That sounds good, I will defenatley research it more!

Old 12-13-2010, 07:43 AM

stolpioni, here are some websites to help your research:

Fortaleza, Ceara, Brazil

Fortaleza, Brazil Guide: Travel Information

Natal, Brazil Guide: Travel Information

Your Maceio Brazil Guide

paraibabrasil.com :: Virtual travel guide to Paraiba Brazil - Home

Old 01-10-2011, 03:17 AM

1 posts, read 5,162 times
Hey guys, I just get some job offer at Fortaleza,Brazil and they will pay me around $600 a month, do you think is worth enough, cause I'm from Indonesia, the ticket is already cost me a lot, I'm not gonna have some fancy way of living just average,house to live (is it possible if I have monthly rent apartment?) and something to eat, maybe explore some nightlife once or twice a month

Old 01-10-2011, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreeyan View Post
Hey guys, I just get some job offer at Fortaleza,Brazil and they will pay me around $600 a month, do you think is worth enough, cause I'm from Indonesia, the ticket is already cost me a lot, I'm not gonna have some fancy way of living just average,house to live (is it possible if I have monthly rent apartment?) and something to eat, maybe explore some nightlife once or twice a month
They will pay you $600 US dollars a month? That's the equivalent to about a little more than $1000 reais (the Real is the local currency).

That's not so much money... What is your profession? I live in Fortaleza and I earn a lot more than $1000 reais per month...

Well... To rent an average apartment in an average neighborhood (not close to the beach) you will spend something between 450 and 550 reais per month... Of course you can find some houses to rent for only about 250 reais per month, but those will be very small houses in bellow-the-average neighborhoods.

Depending on your profession, I guess you can get a better pay in Fortaleza than just $600 US dollars a month...

Old 03-15-2011, 01:37 PM

3 posts, read 8,683 times
MalaMan, I will add this website www.TetoJoaoPessoa.com to find a place to stay in the city.
Otherwise, I like João Pessoa better, it's one of the oldest city in Brasil, the historic center is very nice, just needs a huge makeover. For nightlife, there are some nice bars in Tambaú, like "La Espanhola".

Last edited by tibou; 03-15-2011 at 01:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas