U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-19-2011, 02:23 PM
 
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
685 posts, read 981,054 times
Reputation: 472

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
Wait and see: everything will be OK within three years, before May 2014.
Na, nani, nanão(no)

Before World Cup, comes Confederations Cup one year earlier, so at least half stadiums must be delivered till december 2012.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-20-2011, 06:34 AM
 
Location: Fortaleza, Brazil
2,566 posts, read 4,653,010 times
Reputation: 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardobrazil View Post
Na, nani, nanão(no)

Before World Cup, comes Confederations Cup one year earlier, so at least half stadiums must be delivered till december 2012.
I said everything will be OK in three years.

In 2013, for Confederations Cup, I'm sure more than half of stadiums will be ready, even if the urban transportation works aren't finished yet (what should not be a great problem, since Confederations Cup attracts very few foreign visitors).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2011, 08:10 AM
 
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
597 posts, read 1,156,992 times
Reputation: 414
I am Brazilian and I believe the 2014 World Cup and the Olympics Games in Brazil will be a total success.
As a Brazilian, I know our people and our country has a great ability to overcome obstacles and challenges.
Unfortunately, some Brazilians don't believe in their country and prefer to talk just about the Brazil's disabilities and don't talk about its values, preferring to make comparisons with other countries.
Everybody know is not easy to organize two events like these. The problems exist but will be solved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2011, 08:39 AM
 
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
685 posts, read 981,054 times
Reputation: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
In 2013, for Confederations Cup, I'm sure more than half of stadiums will be ready, even if the urban transportation works aren't finished yet (what should not be a great problem, since Confederations Cup attracts very few foreign visitors).
I didn't put focus over foreign visitors, I'm talknig about FIFA inspectors. Theyare going to judge and analyse Brazillian efforts. And if they have a little doubt whether Brazil can hold up its promises, I'm totally sure they gonna take Cup away from here.

And, if you still think I stand alone on this opinion, you should read this:

Veja- Brasil passará vexame em 2014

Sorry, it's in Portuguese, but they're saying just what I've posted on Thread showing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2011, 02:14 PM
 
Location: Fortaleza, Brazil
2,566 posts, read 4,653,010 times
Reputation: 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardobrazil View Post
I didn't put focus over foreign visitors, I'm talknig about FIFA inspectors. Theyare going to judge and analyse Brazillian efforts. And if they have a little doubt whether Brazil can hold up its promises, I'm totally sure they gonna take Cup away from here.

And, if you still think I stand alone on this opinion, you should read this:

Veja- Brasil passará vexame em 2014

Sorry, it's in Portuguese, but they're saying just what I've posted on Thread showing.
It's Veja. This is not a news magazine. It's a pamphlet of the conservative opposition against the government. Veja cheers against the country, they cheer for the failure of the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2011, 08:13 PM
 
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
685 posts, read 981,054 times
Reputation: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
It's Veja. This is not a news magazine. It's a pamphlet of the conservative opposition against the government. Veja cheers against the country, they cheer for the failure of the country.
No they just don't hide out the true of nation. What kind of guilty do they have if every single news released about us is so bad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2014, 05:24 PM
 
Location: Kirkland, WA
64 posts, read 62,182 times
Reputation: 48
How are the airports in Brazil looking right now?

Last year I went to Rio for business and I was impressed to see that nothing had been done to improve the airport, and I remember reading the airports were one of the major problems Brazil would face hosting such big events. Sao Paulo's International Airport looks like a bus station in size, compared to other countries.

The amount of flights will be heading to Brazil will be something the country had never faced before. I would feel afraid of flying during those days—but that might be just me. Not only I think there will be major delays, but I also have a hard time trusting they are prepared to handle emergencies.

On my way back from Rio I happen to sit next to a retired Brazilian pilot who confirmed all my fears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2014, 04:22 PM
 
Location: Fortaleza, Brazil
2,566 posts, read 4,653,010 times
Reputation: 1562
LOL!!!!

Guess WHO failed?

THIS THREAD from 2011 failed!

The World Cup is not "in jeopardy", everything is going well, and the World Cup will be a success.

And haters gonna hate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2014, 04:28 PM
 
Location: Fortaleza, Brazil
2,566 posts, read 4,653,010 times
Reputation: 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcatwood View Post
How are the airports in Brazil looking right now?

Last year I went to Rio for business and I was impressed to see that nothing had been done to improve the airport, and I remember reading the airports were one of the major problems Brazil would face hosting such big events. Sao Paulo's International Airport looks like a bus station in size, compared to other countries.

The amount of flights will be heading to Brazil will be something the country had never faced before. I would feel afraid of flying during those days—but that might be just me. Not only I think there will be major delays, but I also have a hard time trusting they are prepared to handle emergencies.

On my way back from Rio I happen to sit next to a retired Brazilian pilot who confirmed all my fears.

I'm pretty sure that the time people will spend in the Brazilian airports during the World Cup in average will be way less than the time people spent in the queues of FIFA to enter the venues of the matches of the Germany World Cup in 2006.

If people didn't complain about the time they spent in the "FIFA standard" queues outsided the match venues in Germany 2006, I don't know why they would complain about the time they will spend in Brazil's airports in 2014 (that will be way less time, on average).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2014, 11:35 PM
 
7,437 posts, read 5,929,882 times
Reputation: 3799
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardobrazil View Post
Most of you Americans may not to know how important is an Word Soccer Cup. .

Actually they now do. Almost every one was watching the last world cup in South Africa. Loads plan to go down to Brazil, or at least did. Prices got very high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top