U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-24-2013, 06:14 AM
 
Location: Charleston, SC
2,901 posts, read 3,060,812 times
Reputation: 2046

Advertisements

Oi Mala Man! It is ok you can talk about how great Fortaleza is. I want to visit there. My wife is from the state of Bahia (Paulo Alfonso - not much there, small). So when we visit we always visit the coast! Her father lives in Recife, so we went there last year to Recife, Olinda, and Porto de Galinhas, and rented a buggy. It was Muito Legal! Eu amo praias do Brasil! Eu surfar ondas quande no Rio de Janeiro Copacabana Rua Posto 4 bodyboard!
Well, I like practicing my Portugueese (I am American).
Back to my visit, when we visited Recife, it sucked that we could not go in the water in Recife because of sharks. So, I want to visit Fortaleeza very much and surf in the ocean there. No sharks, right?

Also, I have the opportunity to sponsor a young boy that lives in Fortaleeza to help him go to school and the church. (through Compassion International). I one day, want to meet him in the suburbs of Fortaleeza.

Obrigado muito para todo informacion do Fortaleeza cara. Abraco.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-25-2013, 07:32 AM
 
Location: Fortaleza, Brazil
2,564 posts, read 4,652,276 times
Reputation: 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalbum View Post
Oi Mala Man! It is ok you can talk about how great Fortaleza is. I want to visit there. My wife is from the state of Bahia (Paulo Alfonso - not much there, small). So when we visit we always visit the coast! Her father lives in Recife, so we went there last year to Recife, Olinda, and Porto de Galinhas, and rented a buggy. It was Muito Legal! Eu amo praias do Brasil! Eu surfar ondas quande no Rio de Janeiro Copacabana Rua Posto 4 bodyboard!
Well, I like practicing my Portugueese (I am American).
Back to my visit, when we visited Recife, it sucked that we could not go in the water in Recife because of sharks. So, I want to visit Fortaleeza very much and surf in the ocean there. No sharks, right?

Also, I have the opportunity to sponsor a young boy that lives in Fortaleeza to help him go to school and the church. (through Compassion International). I one day, want to meet him in the suburbs of Fortaleeza.

Obrigado muito para todo informacion do Fortaleeza cara. Abraco.

Olá coastalbum!

There are no sharks in the ocean here in Fortaleza! No need to worry! The sharks only like to eat people from Recife!

There are lots of surfers here in Fortaleza and in the beaches close to Fortaleza, and no problems with sharks at all. People do all kinds of surfing here: traditional surfing, bodyboarding, windsurfing and kite surfing. The current Women's Bodyboarding World Champion is a girl from Fortaleza, Isabela Sousa. Also, the beach of Cumbuco, near Fortaleza, is considered a kind of international kite-surfing "mecca", with people from all around the world coming with their kites.

So, you're welcome to surf here! I can't surf, but I like to watch the colorful kites!

If you come to Fortaleza some day, feel free to contact me, so I can give you some hints about the city.

Valeu!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2013, 08:44 AM
 
Location: Charleston, SC
2,901 posts, read 3,060,812 times
Reputation: 2046
Valeu por information!
I will look up Isabela Sousa, this is otima!!
When we come, I will contact you cara!
Abraco.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2013, 03:09 PM
 
Location: Fortaleza, Brazil
2,564 posts, read 4,652,276 times
Reputation: 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalbum View Post
Valeu por information!
I will look up Isabela Sousa, this is otima!!
When we come, I will contact you cara!
Abraco.

Blz!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2013, 09:57 AM
 
Location: Caribbean
7,565 posts, read 2,430,233 times
Reputation: 2740
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
It is!

And I think I have some serious problem: I can't stop talking about it!

And no, I'm not paid for doing this!

I will try to talk a little less about my city. I will try, not sure if I can!
Please don't! Keep sharing...and wow at the coastline!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2013, 07:26 AM
 
Location: Fortaleza, Brazil
2,564 posts, read 4,652,276 times
Reputation: 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post

There are lots of surfers here in Fortaleza and in the beaches close to Fortaleza, and no problems with sharks at all. People do all kinds of surfing here: traditional surfing, bodyboarding, windsurfing and kite surfing. The current Women's Bodyboarding World Champion is a girl from Fortaleza, Isabela Sousa.

By the way, Isabela Sousa just won her third World Championship this past weekend!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2014, 11:16 AM
 
Location: Fortaleza, Brazil
2,564 posts, read 4,652,276 times
Reputation: 1562
Next Tuesday, January 7, David Guetta is coming to town:





Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2014, 10:26 AM
 
Location: Brasilia
196 posts, read 360,012 times
Reputation: 88
Both of them are just gorgeous, believe me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2014, 08:13 AM
 
Location: Fortaleza, Brazil
2,564 posts, read 4,652,276 times
Reputation: 1562
And as I announced above, Mr. Guetta was here in Fortaleza last night:












"Work hard, play hard" - that's exactly the spirit of this city!


It was the second time Guetta was in Fortaleza, the first was in 2012.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2014, 03:06 PM
 
Location: Fortaleza, Brazil
2,564 posts, read 4,652,276 times
Reputation: 1562
This is a music video made by a band from Fortaleza, called "Old Books Room", that sings their own songs in English:





The song is called "Sea of Inconstance" (created by the own band), and the video is made mainly by scenes of the old downtown of Fortaleza (besides some scenes from beaches).

Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top