Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 01:58 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,294,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Probably one of the things that saves all these cities, is that gorgeous coastline with popular beaches.
Exactly! If you are going to Fortaleza with expectations other than beautiful beaches, you may be disappointed (Don't believe this Malaman).

In terms of infrastructure, safety and amenities, Natal beats both Fortaleza and Recife IMO but that ain't saying much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2014, 06:51 PM

3,913 posts, read 6,721,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Malaman probably works for the Chamber of Commerce lol. Or could also be a virtual puppet for PT- Dilma's political party.

As someone who is Brazilian-American and perhaps has a less biased viewed on this subject. Fortaleza tops Recife but it is not because Fortaleza is a paradise, Recife is for the most part a craphole (Believe me)

Fortaleza is beautiful but it has all the problems of any NE Brazilian city- High crime, poverty, child prostitution, violence, etc.

I would say Natal would be a better choice than both Fortaleza and Recife, but between Recife and Fortaleza, I would say Fortaleza.

I don't get paid for posting on the internet, darling... No matter how you try to convince people otherwise, anyone can check the fact that I'm an active member of this forum for over 4 years, with hundreds of posts in threads that are not even related to Brazil.

About Dilma's political party, oh I'm very proud to defend Dilma and her government on the internet, even when I'm not a member of her party, and I don't need to get paid for that, I just need to have a brain, and see how the opposition clowns who post crap all over the internet are brainless zombies.

And about Fortaleza, yeah, it has problems, just like all big cities have problems. But yes, IT IS INDEED A PARADISE, and I need no more proof of that than the numbers. If Fortaleza wasn't a paradise, it wouldn't receive MILLIONS of tourists every year, and the number keeps growing year after year. Natal? A good city, I like it... But can't be compared to Fortaleza. No wonder Fortaleza receives way more tourists than Natal.

Oh, and no matter how you hate it or not, the name of Fortaleza will now be FOREVER in history as the place where the heads of state of Russia, China, India, Brazil and South Africa officially signed the deal for the creation of the New Development Bank (aka the BRICS bank).

Old 07-26-2014, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
And about Fortaleza, yeah, it has problems, just like all big cities have problems. But yes, IT IS INDEED A PARADISE, and I need no more proof of that than the numbers. If Fortaleza wasn't a paradise, it wouldn't receive MILLIONS of tourists every year, and the number keeps growing year after year. Natal? A good city, I like it... But can't be compared to Fortaleza. No wonder Fortaleza receives way more tourists than Natal.
I am not going to argue with you because I don't want to waste my time. By your twisted(logic), a place that receives millions of tourists every year must be a paradise.

London receives 16.8 million visitors a year and it is not a paradise by any means.

I mean, it is Ok to like your country and your city but your rants are a bit extreme, sometimes borderline delusional.

Old 07-26-2014, 11:32 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,489,354 times
Quote:
I am not going to argue with you because I don't want to waste my time. By your twisted(logic), a place that receives millions of tourists every year must be a paradise.

London receives 16.8 million visitors a year and it is not a paradise by any means.

I mean, it is Ok to like your country and your city but your rants are a bit extreme, sometimes borderline delusional.

NYC gets 50 million tourists a year (domestic and foreign) and even the mayor of NYC will tell you that it is city with boundless problems. Indeed I don't think that Malaman will boost it, even though it gets far more tourists than his city.

Old 07-27-2014, 03:54 PM

Quote:

Oh, of course that JUST receiving millions of tourists a year doesn't make a city a paradise.

It also needs to be a winterless heaven with temperatures that never get bellow 20 degrees Celsius, surrounded by dozens of astonishing beaches with superb sand dunes, and a constant warm breeze.

I'm not "delusional", I'm just extremely lucky for living in the best city of Brazil, that by the way is the best country in the world. How I know it? Traveling to other places and other countries, and never finding any place that beats my homeland.

Old 07-27-2014, 04:12 PM

Oh, by the way, do you know that biennial International Biotechnology Symposium (IBS)? The one that is the largest biotech event in the world?

Guess where it will take place this year?

You guessed it right, in Fortaleza, from September 14th to September 19th, more info at:

IBS 2014 » 16th International Biotechnology Symposium & Exhibition

Wonder why they didn't choose another city in Brazil?

Old 07-27-2014, 04:20 PM

Quote:
I'm not "delusional", I'm just extremely lucky for living in the best city of Brazil, that by the way is the best country in the world. How I know it? Traveling to other places and other countries, and never finding any place that beats my homeland.
Best country in the world? Based on what? Brazil ranks #79 in Human Development. As someone who has lived in Brazil, the USA and traveled extensively around the World, I am not sure what makes it so good in your eyes.

My parents left Brazil more than 25 years ago and never looked back.

Old 07-28-2014, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Best country in the world? Based on what? Brazil ranks #79 in Human Development. As someone who has lived in Brazil, the USA and traveled extensively around the World, I am not sure what makes it so good in your eyes.

My parents left Brazil more than 25 years ago and never looked back.

Too bad for your parents.

But I don't blame them, they left the country in a hard time, before the left-wing came into power to fix the country, and make it shine.

Old 07-29-2014, 06:19 AM

Since I mentioned the International Biotechnology Symposium that will take place in Fortaleza, here are some interesting biotech news from April of this year, from Fortaleza:

Gluca Milk: Cloned Goat's Milk With Enzyme can Treat Rare Genetic Disorder

In a path breaking research scientists in Brazil have genetically modified a goat named Gluca to produce milk with an enzyme to treat a rare genetic disorder, O Estado de Sao Paulo newspaper reported Tuesday.

The goat, named "Gluca," is the first of its kind in South America. It has been genetically modified to produce the enzyme glucocerebrosidase.

Gaucher's disease is a rare human genetic condition caused by hereditary deficiency of that enzyme.

People with Gaucher's - which can manifest itself with fatigue, bruising, anemia, low blood platelets and an enlarged liver and spleen - often are treated with drugs and bone marrow transplants but still face pain and often poor long-range health prospects.

Brazil, where about 600 patients are affected, imports $113 million a year in drugs to treat them, according to the newspaper.

"It is cheaper to feed goats than to feed cell lines. And purifying the protein (for use in treatment) is basically the same," said researcher Luciana Bertolini at the University of Fortaleza in the northeast, where the goat was cloned.

source: Gluca Milk: Cloned Goat's Milk With Enzyme can Treat Rare Genetic Disorder | Medindia

Just a small correction to this text: Gluca wasn't the first transgenic cloning of a goat in "South America", it was the first transgenic cloning of a goat in Latin America (including Mexico and Central America).

Old 07-29-2014, 08:01 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,773,833 times
Quote:
Too bad for your parents.

But I don't blame them, they left the country in a hard time, before the left-wing came into power to fix the country, and make it shine.
Quite a few young people are also leaving the country and not looking back. They are fed up with the corruption and insecurity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas