U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 08:21 AM

685 posts, read 981,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
There are places in Argentina that are "warm" all year long. Check out the weather in Córdoba, Mendoza or Tucumán for example.
In Chile i think only Arica is warm all year long, but i think only that city cause Chile is thin and has the ocean so that makes the climate more oceanic i think.
Uruguay definetely not, all the countrie is the same size (and latitude) as Buenos Aires province and, while its warm enough (a warm temperate climate, or humid subtropical one would say) you still get the cold winters (today in BA we are in the 30s, and i guess Montevideo is getting similar conditions).
But in Argentina basically up of Buenos Aires province you have a lot of all year warm cities. Check it out in weather sites and you´ll see.
Tell me where????? Right now all places in Argentina are under 50F, lots of them near freezing 30's.

Brazil gathers best options to rest under a good sun year round.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2011, 09:41 AM

830 posts, read 2,075,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardobrazil View Post
Tell me where????? Right now all places in Argentina are under 50F, lots of them near freezing 30's.

Yes, I agree with ricardobrazil, the only places that could be considered "warm year round" in Argentina are the northeastern part (lower altitude and low latitude): the provinces of Misiones, Corrientes, Formosa, Chaco, for example. But then even these places are not totally free of frosts. At least one frost per year occurs in these places.

North of Buenos Aires (except the northeast), the temperature ranges are not so different really, due to altitude.

So, I don't think the OP would find a place like Mendoza useful if it has avgs in July of 15 C / 2 C. Today the forecast says 12 C / -3 C for example.

I think better options are Brazil, maybe in the drier parts of Brazil. Also, Medellín or some other city of mid-altitude in Colombia (not Bogotá, which is too cool). All these as regards climate.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:23 PM

5,899 posts, read 8,414,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardobrazil View Post

Argentina is under a very cold wave right now and a lot of places are having inusually cold temperatures for them. Posadas, Misiones, is an example, as well as Formosa, Chaco, and those places in the northeast, like sanfel say. It hardly ever gets cold there. This are the averages for Posadas, Misiones (Formosa, Chaco, are hotter but couldnt find statistics):

Average Weather for Posadas, MS - Temperature and Precipitation

Avergaes (low/high):

jan: 70/90
feb:69/89
mar: 67/87
april:61/81
may: 56/75
jun:52/70
jul:52/72
aug: 54/74
sept: 56/77
oct:60/82
nov:64/85
dic:68/89

Now, this is a really warm weather all year long! cant deny that! Look at the highs in winter! (jun jul aug) : 70-72-74. If thats not warm i dont know what is!

Maybe you mean tropical or really hot? Cause Posadas isnt "hot" all year long but is definetely and undeniable warm all year long!

Old 06-26-2011, 05:31 PM

5,899 posts, read 8,414,152 times
If a weather allows you to go in a swimming pool all months of the year, then its warm all year. I went twice in WINTER to Iguazu falls and the weather was hot, i did swimming in the outdoor cold pool of the hotel room both times. And im not a fan of being cold in the water, it was just hot there, i dont understand how anyone would consider that weather not "warm"? Its actually a tropical weather. So, yeah, maybe is not insanely hot but it definetely fits into the tropical category.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:38 AM

2,566 posts, read 4,653,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Now, this is a really warm weather all year long! cant deny that! Look at the highs in winter! (jun jul aug) : 70-72-74. If thats not warm i dont know what is!
To me, a place is only "warm" if 70-72-74 are the LOWS in the winter, not the highs!

But that's because I'm used to a hot tropical climate in the Northeast of Brazil!

Old 06-27-2011, 01:53 PM

2 posts, read 1,221 times
Default RE: Ideal SA: city for retirement or relaxed living

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgettFowler View Post
Where is a safe place for a family to move to in South America.

Both me and my mother have severe arthritis and Florida cost way to much for us to move to. I have three children and both my mother and I are widowed. I was told by a friend of mine there are countries that have nice traditional family values. I was thinking of Peru. But he said people wont real friendly there. Im waiting to finish my Engineering degree and I have a Biology degree so I would like a city that is not crazy busy. A place that warm all year round, traditional, I don't mind night life as long as children are included. We are really looking for a relaxed community, small personal owned businesses, maybe 30min or 1 hour from the ocean.

Any input would be great we are guessing about 2 to 3 years before we are able to move.
Hi there have you heard of CUENCA, Ecudor you must try it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas