U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2007, 06:40 PM

7 posts, read 17,943 times

Advertisements

never before has there been two earthquakes one after another. as of this point there are 200 injured and about 400 DEAD. but its just for now. they still have to finish counting all the peoples family memebers who passed away.

It is unbelieably sad of whats happening to this nation.
To bad people don't care unless is happening to them.
and i truly feel bad for those people.
This has been an earthquake of great magnitude.

As of now the president is giving a message to the victims.
The state of Ica is in great damage.
He has said that they have had in mind of a tsunami to occur so he advices the people from the coast to go to a safer place.

I truly give my heart out to those people who do not deserve this. To the people who have no home, and the little they have is being taken away & not being their fault.
To the poor who have no family and are alone through all of this.

I dont think anybody undertands that the EARTH craked and opend up in the pacific closet to Peru.

I truly give my heart and prayer to all the victims

G0 TO World News - International Headlines, Stories and Video from CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2007, 06:45 AM

13,036 posts, read 22,014,596 times
A terrible situation and sadly Peru is only one of many countries who falls prey to such natural disasters. It always amazes me how little you hear on the news about other countries. The 2005 Tsunami was the first foreign disaster I remember being covered extensively and properly by the News and media . It seems people care more about some so called celebrity's new haircut than the destruction wreaked on others, and the deaths of so many people.

Also it seems to always be the poorest who suffer the most.
I just feel so sorry for anyone who has lost a loved one, their home and businesses.
Out of sight, out of mind I think !

Old 08-23-2007, 08:15 AM

5,641 posts, read 17,309,721 times
Yeah - we all forget that when a disaster strikes in another country, they don't get trailers from the govt. to live in that I know of. They are out on the streets.
I feel so sorry for any people who are victims of a major disaster esp. in a third world country. They must rely on foreign aid.
Peru was already struggling, I read in the chicago trib that it has a very high rate of child labor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or