U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 07:11 PM

1,572 posts, read 1,792,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
I actually think you are on to something about the fake thing just try to be honest in a business meeting in the US with an opinion that doesn't support the boss's opinion and see how much honesty really is appreciated or telling a coworker what you really think about him and see how far you get.

Brazil and Portugal share a language but the two countries in general pretty much ignore each other.

Portugal is European country with about 3% of its Population being immigrants half of which are from Europe. Brazil is a very diverse country.

Portuguese people are more pessimistic in general Brazilians are more optimistic.
Portugal may ignore Brazil, but for sure: Brazil does not ignore Portugal.
About brazilians being optimistic... it was before the election of Dilma Rousseff as president. Now, brazilians are not only pessimistic but also desperate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2015, 08:59 PM
AFP

6,898 posts, read 4,235,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio SBA View Post
About brazilians being optimistic... it was before the election of Dilma Rousseff as president. Now, brazilians are not only pessimistic but also desperate.
Brazil is a beautiful country no doubt, I say that because there is so little trade between the two countries.

Old 03-11-2015, 08:23 AM

2,566 posts, read 4,653,010 times
Quote:

I'm still optimistic, and not even a bit desperate.

The problem in Brazil are entrepreneurs being stupid enough to hold on their investments because they believe the stupid "forecasts" of Empiricus. Everyone with half a brain can notice the sabbotage operation made by that Empiricus company. I wonder who's behind that.

Old 03-11-2015, 01:59 PM

1,572 posts, read 1,792,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Brazil is a beautiful country no doubt, I say that because there is so little trade between the two countries.
Maybe in terms of trade due to circumstantial reasons, but Portugal in Brazil enjoys special deference about agreements, cooperation and investments. People from Portugal living in Brazil has the same rights and duties of every brazilian citizen.

Old 03-11-2015, 02:21 PM
AFP

6,898 posts, read 4,235,492 times
Quote:
Maybe in terms of trade due to circumstantial reasons, but Portugal in Brazil enjoys special deference about agreements, cooperation and investments. People from Portugal living in Brazil has the same rights and duties of every brazilian citizen.
I don't know any details about rights of Portuguese people or the benefits enjoyed in Brazil athough I find it interesting. I am of Portuguese ancestry, born in Portugal but live in the United States.

Old 03-17-2015, 02:33 PM

566 posts, read 573,071 times
Portugal and Brazil have very close ties and share several agreements between them but I doubt a Portuguese citizen would have the same rights as a Brazilian in Brazil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas