U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 04:05 AM

11 posts, read 18,148 times

Advertisements

I won't waste my time playing tit for tat with Bugler. No reason to do that with shills such as yourself.

I write here for others, not the shills.

To the others, if you want to know the truth, as always you have to search for it yourself. A word of warning though, the internet is full of anti Chavez propaganda. Even some of the seemingly innocent blogs are clearly propaganda. At this time their is a literal army of propagandists but it is possible to wade through the crap and find the truth.

As I often tell people: I don't want you to believe me, I want you to do the research yourself, then you don't believe,,, you know.

Lies and disinformation lead to innocent people's deaths, at first the destruction may seem remote and disconnected from our own lives,,,,, but understand that our complacency empowers the war mongers and after they have robbed all they can elsewhere they will turn their guns on those who still have something worth stealing. Their success is mostly due to their control of the media (of all types), notice that their focus is turning on the internet now. Give them an inch and they will take a mile. Look at the destruction of our rights over the last decades. Look around, things are going the wrong direction and if you want a decent future for yourself,,, and more importantly those who come after you,,,,, then you must do what you can to stop it. This is being a part of humanity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2012, 01:18 PM

5,899 posts, read 8,419,380 times
Agree with people that mentioned Ecuador. I know people that went and was stunned by it, and its not popular or advertised as a touristic destination, but its supposed to be beautiful and full of variety for being a relatively small country. I would love to go.

To me, Ecuador and Argentina are the most varied and underrated countries of LA.

Old 01-28-2012, 02:53 PM

16,411 posts, read 26,242,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Agree with people that mentioned Ecuador. I know people that went and was stunned by it, and its not popular or advertised as a touristic destination, but its supposed to be beautiful and full of variety for being a relatively small country. I would love to go.

To me, Ecuador and Argentina are the most varied and underrated countries of LA.

I agree with you on Ecuador being underrated.. but I'm not sure Argentina is really under rated.. I think if you look at it from most people's view, they would probably say that if they were going to choose a country to travel to they'd pick Argentina. I'm not by any means calling it over-rated, I just think that there really aren't too many people over looking it or looking down upon it.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:55 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,656,135 times
You know what?

Latin America as a whole is an underrated continent...

But Latin Americans should not worry about it. We know how wonderful our continent really is. We should enjoy it, and not worry about what other people think...

Old 01-29-2012, 02:26 AM

6 posts, read 16,877 times
I went to Argentina two years ago and want to go back. Latin people I found to be sincere and very honest! Its one third the price of Canada.

Old 01-29-2012, 03:12 AM

2 posts, read 2,806 times
Would the Dominican Republic be overrated or underrated?

Old 01-30-2012, 09:33 AM

21,399 posts, read 19,318,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Brazil is known for its drugs..

Argentina, Chile and Uruguay are the only places I'd consider living in.. no arrogant assumptions here just based on research and a deep interest in the world!
Chile has been experiencing social problems. There is a strong student movement against the neo-liberal dictatorship. On the one hand there is the kleptomaniac president Sebastián Piñera, who has piled up a fortune of two billion dollars, on the other there is the charismatic communist student leader Camila Vallejo, voted person of the year 2011 by the Guardian.

Old 01-30-2012, 12:07 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,656,135 times
"Camila Vallejo is hot..."

(Believe me, that was the main observation that I heard most Brazilian students do when Camila visited Brazil last year)

Old 01-30-2012, 01:04 PM

21,399 posts, read 19,318,864 times
Well, she is not ugly, especially for a potential politician

Old 01-31-2012, 11:32 AM

9,334 posts, read 19,466,841 times
Overrated: Costa Rica

Underrated: Nicaragua, El Salvador and the smaller countries of Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana

I think Brazil is too big to say its over and underrated, it would depend where.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or