U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-29-2012, 09:54 PM
 
13,566 posts, read 22,018,249 times
Reputation: 4592

Advertisements

Can anyone offer any information, insight, advice, and knowledge about Escola Beit Yaacov in São Paulo, Brazil?

Any and all responses are welcome! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-30-2012, 12:09 PM
 
Location: Fortaleza, Brazil
2,564 posts, read 4,650,797 times
Reputation: 1562
It's a jewish school, with bilingual education.

Their website: Escola Beit Yaacov
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2012, 06:34 AM
 
13,566 posts, read 22,018,249 times
Reputation: 4592
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
It's a jewish school, with bilingual education.

Their website: Escola Beit Yaacov
Thanks, MalaMan.

Do you have any "insider" information? Or do you know anything about its reputation in São Paulo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2012, 08:03 AM
 
Location: West Coast of Europe
21,367 posts, read 19,297,224 times
Reputation: 8483
Seems to be a small Jewish school, a niche school, so I guess people who attend it come from a certain background. Your kid will likely not have classmates representing Brazilian society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2012, 10:10 AM
 
13,566 posts, read 22,018,249 times
Reputation: 4592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Seems to be a small Jewish school, a niche school, so I guess people who attend it come from a certain background. Your kid will likely not have classmates representing Brazilian society.
Thanks, Neuling.

Do you live in São Paulo?

Do you have any "insider" information? Or do you know anything about its reputation in São Paulo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2012, 10:18 AM
 
Location: West Coast of Europe
21,367 posts, read 19,297,224 times
Reputation: 8483
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Thanks, Neuling.

Do you live in São Paulo?

Do you have any "insider" information? Or do you know anything about its reputation in São Paulo?
No, I don't live there, but I will ask my friend there if she has ever heard of it, which I kind of doubt. Such a small school in a city of almost 20m...
Why are you interested in it, if I may ask? Obviously you don't live in SP, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2012, 10:57 AM
 
13,566 posts, read 22,018,249 times
Reputation: 4592
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
It's a jewish school, with bilingual education.

Their website: Escola Beit Yaacov
Hey MalaMan--

Do you live in São Paulo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2012, 10:58 AM
 
13,566 posts, read 22,018,249 times
Reputation: 4592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
No, I don't live there, but I will ask my friend there if she has ever heard of it, which I kind of doubt. Such a small school in a city of almost 20m...
Why are you interested in it, if I may ask? Obviously you don't live in SP, either.
I don't live in Sampa currently, but I have lived in another part of Brasil for several years.

I will PM you about my interest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2012, 05:14 PM
 
Location: Fortaleza, Brazil
2,564 posts, read 4,650,797 times
Reputation: 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Hey MalaMan--

Do you live in São Paulo?

No. In Fortaleza...

But I have heard the name of that school before, I just don't remember where...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2012, 06:33 PM
 
13,566 posts, read 22,018,249 times
Reputation: 4592
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
No. In Fortaleza...

But I have heard the name of that school before, I just don't remember where...
OK--thanks.

I'll be in Fortaleza on February 19!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top