U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 04:25 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,082,905 times

Advertisements

Sao Paulo is a big city, and looks like any big international city. You're not going to really get a 'Brazilian" experience here. No beaches, no tropical flair just buildings, and people from ALL over the world. It could be a good spot to start your trip though. I think Rio de Janeiro is the most exciting city to explore in Brazil (the water is a little cold though) but if you go during carnaval I'd recommend for you to spend your time in Salvador.

As far as women go, eh. I was disappointed by Brazil. You hear so much hype and then you see nothing special. That could just be my tastes, the women north of Rio are mostly black or indio and I prefer the euro blondes or meds. I hear in southern Brazil (Florianopolis), the girls are prefect. European blondes and brunettes with a touch of latino for spice. The women in Salvador sure do dress and act sexy and if you want a mindless hookup it's probably the easiest here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post
Yo, Im in Rio now for Carnaval and this is my second trip. The last time I came it was last summer(our summer) and I hit Salvador, Rio D.J., and Sao Pauolo. I loved Salvador because they have a rich Afro Brazilian culture. Ultimately, your experience depends on what you come looking for. This trip is for me to experience their Carnaval. And dude it is LEGAL!!!!!(Kool in Portuguese). They have these Blocos, block parties and they are bangin. The women are what you would expect, fine and beautiful. Try and brush up on your portuguese before you go. In summary: if you wanna go and chill like you would at home in the states(party, ect), then Rio or Sao Pauolo is for you. Both have really good nightlife and sights to see. But once again, it all depends on what you really wanna do. I wanted to see the culture as well as party, so I did the North (Salvador) and South.
The best bargain is just to party in the street with the locals, that's free. Just make sure you tuck all valuables in tight spots. You're gonna be brushing up against a lot of people and there will be many opportunities for pickpocketing. The camerotes and blocos are expensive and the camerotes don't even feel like carnaval rather a nightclub with an all you can drink/eat bar. When I went the best and most expensive camerote was, I think about 800 US? It was a lot of fun but I had more fun partying in the streets, for FREE, and grabbing local girls by their hair

Never been to Rio for carnaval but everyone keeps telling me it's more of a show and designed for tourists with trigger happy cameras and not for young people wanting a good time.

Old 02-26-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean128 View Post
Thanks man. How long should I stay for?? Two or three weeks?? Or just a week?? how are the strip clubs in Brazil?? Do they like Americans??
Never been to a strip club in Brazil but I'd imagine they'd double as ***** houses like they do in Mexico, Dominican Republic, Colombia, etc If that's your thing, you could probably just cruise Copacabana at night and pick some hooker up. I noticed A LOT of girls all skanked out, waiting by themselves clutching expensive purses, along the main drag after hours. Or you can just do carnaval in a place like Salvador and keep hitting the bars asking the local girls to show you around. Some will bite because they know you will have money and they'll get a free ride. They'll double as your tour guide and your nighttime doll all at the same time.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:13 AM

5,823 posts, read 10,167,514 times
Just too hot for me (except the extreme south , Blumenau, rio grande do sul). Snowbirding there is not interesting, for during our winter in the northern hemisphere it's their summer/green season, with stifling temperatures and humidity!

Old 02-27-2012, 07:02 AM

2,580 posts, read 4,664,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thali View Post
Definitely somewhere else. For what you're looking for, the best place would be Florianopolis. Florianopolis Vacation Guide | Conquer Florianopolis Like a Local!
Florianópolis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Place to Be - Florianópolis, Brazil - NYTimes.com

BTW, I'm Brazilian.

Well...

My good old advice is:

If you like beautiful beaches, with COLD sea water all year round, go to Florianopolis, Angra dos Reis or Buzios.

If you like beautiful beaches, with WARM sea water all year round, go to the Northeast (Fortaleza, Natal, João Pessoa).

Old 03-04-2012, 04:50 PM

6,349 posts, read 8,403,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
Well, if you are interested in strip clubs, it's better that you go to another country, not Brazil.

Brazilian cities have very few strip clubs, and most are located on dangerous neighborhoods, and are not frequented by tourists, only by locals.
It has them, but they are brothels.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:44 PM

72 posts, read 106,476 times
I've been to Brazil twice to visit family. My mother has cousins in Brazil. While she immigrated to Australia with her parents and sisters, her cousins and their parents (including my grandmother's brothers) immigrated to Brazil.

Rio de Janeiro is very nice, and I got to see a lot there. The statue of Jesus is breathtaking. Although I did spend more time in a town 30 miles to the west, because that's where my Brazilian relatives live.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:32 PM

42,663 posts, read 74,356,272 times
I think maybe there ought to be a subforum in the World Forum called "Hitting on Chicks".

Old 03-23-2012, 04:40 PM

16,411 posts, read 26,269,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I think maybe there ought to be a subforum in the World Forum called "Hitting on Chicks".
ahaha that or "Blaming Race on Inadequacies"

Old 03-24-2012, 12:38 AM

81 posts, read 203,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
Never been to Rio for carnaval but everyone keeps telling me it's more of a show and designed for tourists with trigger happy cameras and not for young people wanting a good time.
You're probably talking about the samba schools parade, wich really is what you described.....but the young party people concentrate on the "blocos", as already said before.....these are the free street carnival parties everyone goes to.....I mean EVERYONE......this year, "Bloco cordão da bola preta" took over 2 MILLION people to the streets of downtown Rio.....it was insane.......Zona Sul (South Zone) has a lot of famous block parties as well, all very crowded......that's the carnival in Rio you should go....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas