U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-02-2013, 12:31 PM
 
1,266 posts, read 2,477,106 times
Reputation: 1235

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Oh no, they wish. Mexico sucks and plays in a weak and easy confederation (concacaf) in where they only won 2 games out of 10 playing against the likes of Jamaica, Panama, or Honduras.

While CONMEBOL (southamerican confederation) is a soccer superpower and this team of Mexico would finish with 0 points if they had to play the allmighty southamerican qualifiers.


Just to clarify that bit

Yeah Mexico's current squad sucks right now, but that is neither here or there in regards to this thread Sophie.

Anyways its good that you know how Mexico is doing, I didn't even know how many win/losses they had.

By the way I would rather have a sucky soccer team, than a sucky unstable economy. If Argentina competed with North America in terms of economic performance it would finish dead last, with 0 points

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-03-2013, 03:28 AM
 
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
5,899 posts, read 8,408,894 times
Reputation: 4366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida93 View Post
Yeah Mexico's current squad sucks right now, but that is neither here or there in regards to this thread Sophie.

Anyways its good that you know how Mexico is doing, I didn't even know how many win/losses they had.

By the way I would rather have a sucky soccer team, than a sucky unstable economy. If Argentina competed with North America in terms of economic performance it would finish dead last, with 0 points
who was talking about USA here??
are you another one of those insane patriotics??

oh well, like city-data didnt have enough of those already
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2013, 09:40 AM
 
1,266 posts, read 2,477,106 times
Reputation: 1235
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
who was talking about USA here??
are you another one of those insane patriotics??

oh well, like city-data didnt have enough of those already

What? What are you talking about ?!?! I wasn't talking about the U.S. I was talking about North America (Canada, Mexico, United States) and comparing Argentina's economics performance to that region just like you compared Mexico against the region of South America in terms of soccer/football performance, and I said I would rather have an economy with good economic performance instead of soccer skills..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2013, 03:06 PM
 
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
5,899 posts, read 8,408,894 times
Reputation: 4366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida93 View Post
What? What are you talking about ?!?! I wasn't talking about the U.S. I was talking about North America (Canada, Mexico, United States) and comparing Argentina's economics performance to that region just like you compared Mexico against the region of South America in terms of soccer/football performance, and I said I would rather have an economy with good economic performance instead of soccer skills..

I rather live in Argentina than in Canada, USA or México. Good economic performance isnt everything in a country. And we are talking about MEXICO here, not USA or Canada, i dont think Mexico economy would be that great either, and if it is, im sure it haves many other problems that my country does not have.

And i said the soccer thing cause someone said Mexico could be compared to south american countries in that area and i answered that they wish they did. but they dont, cause SA soccer is vastly superior that anything this Mexico could ever dream of. And i didnt talk specifically about Argentina, YOU DID. I said Southamerican futbol is so much better, not only Arg, i in fact didnt mention that country.

And your answer was unnecesarily agressive and off topic and bashing i country i didnt even mentioned.

whatver
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2013, 05:19 PM
 
154 posts, read 356,064 times
Reputation: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
I rather live in Argentina than in Canada, USA or México. Good economic performance isnt everything in a country. And we are talking about MEXICO here, not USA or Canada, i dont think Mexico economy would be that great either, and if it is, im sure it haves many other problems that my country does not have.

And i said the soccer thing cause someone said Mexico could be compared to south american countries in that area and i answered that they wish they did. but they dont, cause SA soccer is vastly superior that anything this Mexico could ever dream of. And i didnt talk specifically about Argentina, YOU DID. I said Southamerican futbol is so much better, not only Arg, i in fact didnt mention that country.

And your answer was unnecesarily agressive and off topic and bashing i country i didnt even mentioned.

whatver

You rather live in Argentina but I think that doesn’t reflect what most of the people of Argentina will do given the chance. By you not wanting to go to north America and live there don’t mean Argentina is any different than another 3rd world Latin American country. When you mention that concacaf is a weak confederation it applies to Canada and USA too. Now is “this” Mexico(you sound like another member of this forum). You said yourself economic performance isn’t everything in a country, but now a sport seems to be everything to you. Well I would rather have a sorry as team than a nation on default, with a 25 inflation, a country who cheats and changes the rules when it suits them, who have lost credibility. A country who uses the genocide of their native population, and their whitens as a way of marketing their county. Don’t hide behind you humble classy (I won’t hurt a fly) mask .

Last edited by unitedstatian; 11-03-2013 at 06:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2013, 05:43 PM
 
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
5,899 posts, read 8,408,894 times
Reputation: 4366
Quote:
Originally Posted by unitedstatian View Post
You rather live in Argentina but I think that doesn’t reflect what most of the people of Argentina will do given the chance. By you not wanting to go to north America and live there don’t mean Argentina is any different than another 3rd world Latin American country. When you mention that concacaf is a weak confederation it applies to Canada and USA too. Now is “this” Mexico(you sound like another member of this forum). You said yourself economic performance isn’t everything in a country, but now a sport seems to be everything to you. Well I would rather have a sorry as team than a nation on default, with a 25 inflation, a country who cheats and changes the rules when it suits them, who have lost credibility. A country who used the genocide of their native population, and their whitens as a way of marketing their county. Don’t hide behind you humble classy (I won’t hurt a fly) mask .
what?? wtf is your problem??

go insult someone else im gonna report you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2013, 06:16 PM
 
154 posts, read 356,064 times
Reputation: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
what?? wtf is your problem??

go insult someone else im gonna report you

im not insulting you, i stated some facts about your country. telling facts about your country is an insult?, first you insult a nation and when someone says somefact about your country is an insult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2013, 07:39 PM
 
1,266 posts, read 2,477,106 times
Reputation: 1235
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
what?? wtf is your problem??

go insult someone else im gonna report you
He did not insult you.

You are always the first one to say Argentina is the best country in Latin America, and how everyone looks them as a role model.

But when your country is criticize you call foul play?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2013, 05:20 PM
 
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
5,899 posts, read 8,408,894 times
Reputation: 4366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida93 View Post
He did not insult you.

You are always the first one to say Argentina is the best country in Latin America, and how everyone looks them as a role model.

But when your country is criticize you call foul play?

what? i never said that! are you on drugs?

And unitedstatian call "facts" to saying that an entire population would preffer living in USA than in their own country. Yeah, facts according to an ignorant patriot, ANOTHER ONE! oh men, they seem to be a plague in USA, those insane patriots!

I criticize my country a lot, it haves a lot of flaws. However, we were not talking about Argentina, we were talking about Mexico and how it compares to SOUTH AMERICA (did you know that south america is a big region and haves a lot of countries apart from Argentina? is this a shock to you? maybe you need to check a map), i didnt even mentioned argentina and unitedstatian started talking about how argentina economy is crap and how everyone here wants to escape (????).

Of course thats an insult, and uber-ignorant, and a lie. So, yeah, he was insulting, and also going OFF TOPIC.


If unitedstatian or you have a personal vendetta against argentina cause some pretty argentinian girl rejected you, please start your thread and bash all you want.


We are talking about MEXICO and SOUTH AMERICA here, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2013, 05:35 PM
 
Location: Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
852 posts, read 807,692 times
Reputation: 1364
There are regions within Mexico, that are so different between them, that make you wonder how they can be part of the same country. Yucatan for example, feels like it is a world apart from let's say; Guanajuato, or Chihuahua.
Some people have mention, that Peru or Bolivia may have something in common with Mexico, due to the big indigenous populations on this countries. But, lets not forget that being "indigenous" doesn't mean sharing the same history, culture, habits and even ethnic features.
There are parts of Mexico, in which you'll feel a strong indigenous influence. Caribbean on some other places, and even European, Asian or American. And of course; mestiza for the most part.

So I guess, depending of where you are in the country, you may be able to find affinities with certain countries, places or people, not only from S.A. but the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top