U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-04-2013, 08:25 PM
 
1,266 posts, read 2,477,106 times
Reputation: 1235

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
what? i never said that! are you on drugs?.
Accuses us of insulting her. Asks if I am on drugs. ??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post

And unitedstatian call "facts" to saying that an entire population would preffer living in USA than in their own country. Yeah, facts according to an ignorant patriot, ANOTHER ONE! oh men, they seem to be a plague in USA, those insane patriots!
Calls us ignorant and insane patriots. I am not an insane patriot....oh if she actually met one.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
I criticize my country a lot, it haves a lot of flaws. However, we were not talking about Argentina, we were talking about Mexico and how it compares to SOUTH AMERICA (did you know that south america is a big region and haves a lot of countries apart from Argentina? is this a shock to you? maybe you need to check a map), i didnt even mentioned argentina and unitedstatian started talking about how argentina economy is crap and how everyone here wants to escape (????).

Of course thats an insult, and uber-ignorant, and a lie. So, yeah, he was insulting, and also going OFF TOPIC.
This is the person who was supposedly talking to you even though he posted a year and eight months ago? you quoted the bolded area. Disregarding the fact that this was posted a year and a half ago, and that professional teams performances go up and down, saying Mexico sucks at soccer. you went off topic first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikidII View Post

To answer the OP, no country is. The only similarities Mexico and South American countries have share are the language and probably media entertainment because they share the same language. Oh and soccer.
Nobody was talking about Mexico and how it compares to South America in soccer. The guy who posted "oh and soccer" was a year and eight months ago. You two were talking about soccer with him being a year and eight months before present? How do you exactly talk to someone in the past, because if you actually know, please tell me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post

If unitedstatian or you have a personal vendetta against argentina cause some pretty argentinian girl rejected you, please start your thread and bash all you want.
Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post

We are talking about MEXICO and SOUTH AMERICA here, thanks.
Again if you know how to talk to people in the past please tell me, I would like to contact certain people. I am joking by the way, note that I did not call you insane like you did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-04-2013, 11:34 PM
 
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
5,899 posts, read 8,408,894 times
Reputation: 4366
I ve never seen the date, what does that haves to do with anything?

I said you are on drugs cause you said a complete lie that was that i say "Argentina is the best country in Latin America and everyone look at us as role models" wich i never did, so i must assume you are on drugs to make up something like that out of nowhere.


And, again, someone compared Mexico to SOUTH AMERICA in SOCCER and i said "No". Not now, not one year and eight months ago, not ever. South America is a soccer superpower and haves arguibly the best futbol tradition in the world, plus has won 9 out of the 19 world cups that have been disputed in history, and Mexico just plays in a weak confederation against countries who have no futbol tradition and dont care about futbol at all. I dont know why that fact made you THAT upset , that you had to bring Argentina economy (???) into this, but, hey, futbol is just a sport. You could say that southamerica tradition in ice hockey (??) is nothing compared to North America and i wouldnt care, i was just stating a fact and you begin to get defensive and start insulting a country you know nothing about, so yeah, thats that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2013, 11:38 PM
 
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
5,899 posts, read 8,408,894 times
Reputation: 4366
So now everyone that answers to a post thats "from the past" owns the back to the future DeLorean and can travel through time??

wow, you must been taking some really powerful drugs, do share
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2013, 11:02 AM
 
1,266 posts, read 2,477,106 times
Reputation: 1235
I am tired of this...you just seem to switch everything backwards. First you go off topic, but you say we were the first ones. You insult Mexico saying its soccer team "sucks", without using tactful words, thinking you are being cute with putting those emoticons, but then you take insult with what we said about your country. Then you totally blow off what I was trying to say about that the person who just mentioned "oh and soccer" meaning he was just trying to say soccer is very popular in mexico and south America. He/she never tried to say Mexico is on par with south America, never ever, but you took it as an excuse to go and say Mexico soccer sucks (without being tactful) and saying how they dreamed of being on par with with South America in soccer. Remember the guy just said "oh and soccer", he just said those three words in a whole context of other stuff that did not include soccer in the slightest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikidII View Post
What? I have been to both and you couldn't be further from the truth.

To answer the OP, no country is. The only similarities Mexico and South American countries have share are the language and probably media entertainment because they share the same language. Oh and soccer.

More specifically Mexico is super unique and the only country that is comparable is Guatemala. Comparing Mexico to South American countries is like asking to compare Ireland to Australia. They share the same language but that is as far as it goes.

Curious as why you ask?

Now south American countries are comparable to themselves. Like Peru and Ecuador. Or Peru an Bolivia. Or Uruguay to argentina. Chile Is actually very unique. Its very modern and it's people remind me, in terms of looks to that of the people in Spain. Where in the rest of south America there is a mix or in Argentina and Uruguay where people are more "white".

Mexico is like Japan, Brazil or even India, a country that has a very unique and distinct culture where few or no countries can compare to their culture.

See, I don't understand why you say "WE WERE talking about soccer", he just mentioned those three words, a year and eight months ago. Would you agree the things you said about Mexico are uncalled for?

Now this morning Mexico and Argentina sub 17 teams played for the world cup final, Mexico won, but I wont be going that direction. This thread had nothing to do about soccer. The world cup is coming, I know you are excited about futbol and Argentina, but this back and forth thing is just silly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2013, 03:36 AM
 
Location: Brasilia
196 posts, read 359,909 times
Reputation: 88
I think Peru is the most similar. The ethnic component is very similar and the importance of pre Colombian civilizations (Inca in Peru, Maya and Aztec in México) are present only in these two countries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2013, 05:27 PM
 
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
5,899 posts, read 8,408,894 times
Reputation: 4366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida93 View Post
. You insult Mexico saying its soccer team "sucks", without using tactful words,.

Its not insulting, if someone would say Argentina "sucks" in women futbol i wouldnt care. There are things that are just facts, and thats that Mexico plays in a crappy confederation (yeah, i use the word crappy again). Maybe if they start playing in conmebol, they will be able to develop a decent soccer national team playing against actually competitive teams instead of playing against Jamaica (and losing).

Oh, yeah, and if you talk about u17 (i didnt know that was even playing) and say Argentina sucks i dont care. I just know this country (as well as all the other southamerican countries) live and breathe futbol, that is the local league, and the NT, of course, in where some of the best futbol players in the world (such as Messi, Aguero, Di Maria, Higuain) play .


So yeah, you can say we suck in women soccer, ice hockey, rugby, or whatever. I dont care, it just a sport.


However, your message that started talking about Argentina life and economy and how everyone wants to get out of here, yeah, that WAS insulting.

Soccer is just a sport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2013, 10:39 PM
 
1,266 posts, read 2,477,106 times
Reputation: 1235
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Its not insulting, if someone would say Argentina "sucks" in women futbol i wouldnt care. There are things that are just facts, and thats that Mexico plays in a crappy confederation (yeah, i use the word crappy again). Maybe if they start playing in conmebol, they will be able to develop a decent soccer national team playing against actually competitive teams instead of playing against Jamaica (and losing).

Oh, yeah, and if you talk about u17 (i didnt know that was even playing) and say Argentina sucks i dont care. I just know this country (as well as all the other southamerican countries) live and breathe futbol, that is the local league, and the NT, of course, in where some of the best futbol players in the world (such as Messi, Aguero, Di Maria, Higuain) play .


So yeah, you can say we suck in women soccer, ice hockey, rugby, or whatever. I dont care, it just a sport.


However, your message that started talking about Argentina life and economy and how everyone wants to get out of here, yeah, that WAS insulting.

Soccer is just a sport.

shakes head*...okay sure whatever
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2014, 03:05 PM
 
1 posts, read 984 times
Reputation: 10
I am from Peru. And I have been to Mexico. To me, it seemed it just felt I was in Peru. The people, even the way they looked, the buildings, their customs, the roads, religion, etc. Before I thought Peru was similar to Mexico but only when I was in Mexico I realized even more the similarity of the two countries. There are differences of course but even within Peru there are differences. I think there are more similarities than differences almost to say that if you visited Mexico it is almost like you visited Peru and viceversa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2014, 03:24 AM
 
366 posts, read 527,450 times
Reputation: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Oh no, they wish. Mexico sucks and plays in a weak and easy confederation (concacaf) in where they only won 2 games out of 10 playing against the likes of Jamaica, Panama, or Honduras.

While CONMEBOL (southamerican confederation) is a soccer superpower and this team of Mexico would finish with 0 points if they had to play the allmighty southamerican qualifiers.


Just to clarify that bit

Lol. Didn't know that and I'm Mexican. Mexicans keep lying to themselves about there soccer skills since Mexicans invented soccer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2014, 08:27 AM
 
Location: USA
583 posts, read 907,706 times
Reputation: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by adanescobar View Post
Lol. Didn't know that and I'm Mexican. Mexicans keep lying to themselves about there soccer skills since Mexicans invented soccer.

Kidding, right?

If not, please tell us how Mexicans "invented" Soccer/football/fútbol.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top